Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
And I guess all Marriott properties in Phuket are far from Patong/the action?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by tennisboy
And I guess all Marriott properties in Phuket are far from Patong/the action?
yes.. since there's no courtyard anymore in Patong.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
So my choice is now the 1 BR pool villa at the JW and the 1 BR pool villa at the Ren. One person chimed in with a preference--anyone else?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:41 pm

So my choice is now the 1 BR pool villa at the JW and the 1 BR pool villa at the Ren. One person chimed in with a preference--anyone else?
^^ very nice !!
if it was me i'll take JW, but i haven't been to Ren so can't compare apples to apples. when we honeymoon July 12 we enjoyed our stay at the JW . i'll be there at the JW for 5 nights in Dec.

either property i am sure you'll enjoy your time there.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1 BR pool villa at the JW.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
I will staying at the Renaissance Phuket with my family in early January. Could someone please pm me an email address for the hotel and/or food and beverage manager? I need to make some restaurant reservations before I leave, and will also ask for an upgrade for one of the rooms (I know, my chances are close to zero at this time of year, but it doesn't hurt to ask).

In addition, the last update on the lounges open thread is from a year ago. Can someone please confirm that plats still receive 20% off food and beverage charges?

Thanks all. I am really looking forward to my stay here!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Folks, I did put this in the Thailand destinations forum. But, we all of us in this thread of interest in Phuket as well. Pretty big fire there at the SuperCheap Wholesale market 1000 Escaped. Getting international news.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...le/851034.html
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
and this market is in excess of 20-miles from either Marriott property..........

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Folks, I did put this in the Thailand destinations forum. But, we all of us in this thread of interest in Phuket as well. Pretty big fire there at the SuperCheap Wholesale market 1000 Escaped. Getting international news.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...le/851034.html
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
and this market is in excess of 20-miles from either Marriott property..........
Everything is!!!! I have been there before, though.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:43 pm
Suspended

that's great.............just couldn't connect the "sky is falling post" with the Ren/JW as this fire was 20-miles away and did/will have no impact on the island nor either Marriott branded hotel here...........the island survived the tsunami and the current and ongoing innundation of Cossacks so the loss of a 2nd hand (or IMO 3rd hand) crap shop isn't a big loss.........

Everything is!!!! I have been there before, though.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
that's great.............just couldn't connect the "sky is falling post" with the Ren/JW as this fire was 20-miles away and did/will have no impact on the island nor either Marriott branded hotel here...........the island survived the tsunami and the current and ongoing innundation of Cossacks so the loss of a 2nd hand (or IMO 3rd hand) crap shop isn't a big loss.........
My first trip to Phuket was 4 weeks post Tsunami. Stayed at the JW. One pool was closed due to algae bloom. IIRC, one restaurant closed too. Staff was wonderful based on circumstances. I am sure all were impacted one way or more.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:56 pm
Suspended

the December 2004 tsunami that hit Khao Lak/Phuket had an impact beyond the immediate area............but the fire at the crap shop that you posted both in the Thailand forum as well as the Marriott forum did/will have no impact on the immediate or extended area and certainly not on either the JW or Renaissance HKT.........
now if the fire was like in Sydney which is affecting the city, then I would understand your post, but the crap shop fire, nah............

My first trip to Phuket was 4 weeks post Tsunami. Stayed at the JW. One pool was closed due to algae bloom. IIRC, one restaurant closed too. Staff was wonderful based on circumstances. I am sure all were impacted one way or more.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
Originally Posted by yul lite
I will staying at the Renaissance Phuket with my family in early January. Could someone please pm me an email address for the hotel and/or food and beverage manager? I need to make some restaurant reservations before I leave, and will also ask for an upgrade for one of the rooms (I know, my chances are close to zero at this time of year, but it doesn't hurt to ask).

In addition, the last update on the lounges open thread is from a year ago. Can someone please confirm that plats still receive 20% off food and beverage charges?

Thanks all. I am really looking forward to my stay here!
Can anyone provide me an email address for the Renaissance? I called the plat line today and they actually told me the hotel doesn't have an email
Old Oct 19, 2013, 1:47 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by yul lite
Can anyone provide me an email address for the Renaissance? I called the plat line today and they actually told me the hotel doesn't have an email
According to their FB page it's [email protected]
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Marriot Phuket Beach Club Vs Marriot Mai Khao Beach Resort

Hi Guys,

Have a choice of either staying in
Marriot Phuket beach club villa OR Marriot Mai Khao beach resort villa with plunge pool access..

Tried checking on the net, seems both are located close to each other ??
Trip advisor seems to give better ratings to Phuket beach club and their prices also seem higher than Mai Khao beach..
What are the main differences between the two properties ?
Both seem to be located way outside Phuket town.. hope cheap transport options available to town ?

Am going with wife and a kid ( 2 yrs).. considering we just want to have a relaxing weekend there, which one would u recommend ?

Seek advise..
A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.