Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
asked and answered before at #1247.....(that's what the search function is for).....

Originally Posted by yul lite
Is the baby elephant still showing up at the JW? If so, at what time (approx.)?

Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
Originally Posted by kt74
Hmmm, they've been breaking the law then... there was definitely a baby elephant by the towel collection point about 6 weeks ago (it kinda got in the way, as I wanted a towel!)
As per post #1250, the elephant was seen at the JW about three months ago. I was just wondering if anyone had seen it since.

No need to use the search function when you've read the entire thread.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
No baby elephant at JW this week, concierge says it has been gone for about 3 months now due to Thai law.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Does anyone have the General Manager's email address at the JWKL?

I tried [email protected] but got a bounce back with address not found.

Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
JW Phuket trip report

Pros
- comp upgrade to poolside suite, not spacious, but convenient
- great buffet bfast included for plat for parents and 2 kids (age 4 & 6)
- got a nice complimentary birthday cake and toy
- beachside massages, pedicures, hair braiding for kids, foot massage, all very cheap and much better view than the spa.
- kids room was awesome, great program, free, can drop kids off anytime and they loved it, all Xmass themed for our week
- Xmass day had a great kids party, and Santa, all included and very thoughtful
- store 5 minute walk away to buy misc. snacks for kids (on the parking level)
- 20% discount w/ Plat card on everything
- great golf round at Blue Canyon, hotel arranged everything (pricey)
- babysitting was easy and professional
- beware, south pool is adults only, main (middle pool) is all kids - a blast, north pool is a mix, but too deep for little kids
- picnicking at sunset was our favorite
- best of all, staff was very pleasant and accommodating, even at full capacity, among the best we've ever experienced (on par with Taj)

Cons
- first meal at Thai restaurant was a bust, lousy service and food, poor lighting, and way pricey
- ate rest of our meals poolside, the cafe, Thai food at Ren (per BKK suggestion, GREAT food)
- best food of all at the ocean-side joints a short walk next to Antara resort next door (north). Drinks were cheap (except wine), food amazing, and the view better than any restaurant at JW
- ocean was a little rough, lots of tiny stinging jellyfish (more annoying than painful)
- no baby elephant
- elephant tour was a 1 hour drive away, very touristy, wouldn't recommend
- boat trip to James Bond Island was purely touristy, only for James Bond diehards, very windy our day so not pleasant at all, wouldn't recommend - would have been better to just lounge at the pool all day

Overall, our best Xmass ever!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
MUCH better Thai food over at the Reniassance (an easy tuk-tuk ride provided by both hotels)..........

Originally Posted by cmcdanie
Cons
- first meal at Thai restaurant was a bust, lousy service and food, poor lighting, and way pricey
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Hey folks,

Planning my honeymoon to Thailand and looking for advice on which beach destination to stay at. We are looking for the "relaxing/romantic" part of our trip. From obsessively searching old threads and other forums, I have come to the following conclusions:

JW Phuket/Ren Phuket: Both awesome with beautiful beaches and great breakfasts...with the Ren probably more so.

JK Khao Lak: Also read awesome reviews about this place...however they all seem to be from families? We love kids...but not looking for that on our honeymoon. The long and pricey drive from the airport is a little turn off too.

Ren Koh Samui: I am also keeping this one open because it will not be monsoon season there during our honeymoon in August. Seem to be mostly good reviews...but it does not seem like the beach or service match up to those in the Phuket area.

We are looking for simply the most amazing resort with the best beaches, mind blowing scenery, and most likelihood of an upgrade for a Gold in the off season. Local towns and other activities are of minor importance for this portion of our trip.

Which property would be your suggestion be to cap off the perfect honeymoon?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by pgh234
Hey folks,

Planning my honeymoon to Thailand and looking for advice on which beach destination to stay at. We are looking for the "relaxing/romantic" part of our trip. From obsessively searching old threads and other forums, I have come to the following conclusions:

JW Phuket/Ren Phuket: Both awesome with beautiful beaches and great breakfasts...with the Ren probably more so.

JK Khao Lak: Also read awesome reviews about this place...however they all seem to be from families? We love kids...but not looking for that on our honeymoon. The long and pricey drive from the airport is a little turn off too.

Ren Koh Samui: I am also keeping this one open because it will not be monsoon season there during our honeymoon in August. Seem to be mostly good reviews...but it does not seem like the beach or service match up to those in the Phuket area.

We are looking for simply the most amazing resort with the best beaches, mind blowing scenery, and most likelihood of an upgrade for a Gold in the off season. Local towns and other activities are of minor importance for this portion of our trip.

Which property would be your suggestion be to cap off the perfect honeymoon?
JW KL. - They put families with kids usually in the 3*** or 4**** wing, so you should be quiet in the 1**** oder 2**** wing (if not you can ask for a room there, best with the small gardens in front). Upgrade to pool access room (at least) is safe for golds. - Otherwise pool villa at Renaissance Samui, much smaller hotel, much more privacy, but yep, beach not really nice as such.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Thanks Chris...I appreciate the feedback on the JW KL. Anyone have any further input on trekking up to Khao Lak vs staying down at JW/Ren Phucket?

Just looking for the best honeymoon resort...regardless of location.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:55 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by pgh234
Thanks Chris...I appreciate the feedback on the JW KL. Anyone have any further input on trekking up to Khao Lak vs staying down at JW/Ren Phucket?

Just looking for the best honeymoon resort...regardless of location.
JW Phuket is down a dusty lane with a few shops and a small mall nearby. Its quite spread out and was busy when we stayed. We managed to get one of the jacuzzi suites - lovely room. We could see the pool villas below, didn't appear that private. The pool area was a zoo, no-one was swimming. Buffet breakfast was OK, but very busy, near airport. Not much to do we felt.

Ren KS - see my review from Xmas posted under that thread. We stayed here because we have teens who wanted a bit more action than available at JW KL. i.e. the nightlife in Chaweng / Lamai.

JW KL - after a poor first stay several years ago, we ventured back, and have now been back several times. We have never really noticed kids as its not a kids resort. We love the place, great walks along the beach, good spa, good restaurants and some great little beach "restaurants" along the beach at sunset / night for 1/6 of the price. Its a little way out of town, but if you just want R&R then this is the place. We are back again for a few nights in early March. As to August, I don't know about kids, but it is European school holiday time, but would be a long schlep to get there.

Its not that much of a trek up there, and its quite a pleasant ride.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Hi,

two friends are at the racha resort know.
they need a new hotel end of this week, as the racha cost around 900euro a night.. and they dont want to waste their money. (a lot lound chinese are at the racha resort know, ruining their holiday)

they want a hotel with a great beach (which is not croweded like the racha resort beach, private would be great) and a private pool in their suite.

the ren, the jw and look great, the phuket beach club seems to be the most expensive, is it the best choice, if the room rate doesnt matter too much?

as they have chilled for the last 14days, they dont mind, if there is a bit more action near the hotel.

if anybody could give me some help, i would really appreciate it.

thanks

dp

p.s. i checked some luxury hotels for them, i.e triara etc. but the rates start at 2500usd per night, so i was thinking they could just hang out in one chain hotel, in a great suite, and save some money.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by derpelikan
they want a hotel with a great beach (which is not croweded like the racha resort beach, private would be great) and a private pool in their suite.

the ren, the jw and look great, the phuket beach club seems to be the most expensive, is it the best choice, if the room rate doesnt matter too much?

p.s. i checked some luxury hotels for them, i.e triara etc. but the rates start at 2500usd per night, so i was thinking they could just hang out in one chain hotel, in a great suite, and save some money.
The Phuket Beach Club units are 2br/2bath condos (with balcony, kitchen, laundry, etc) that share the JW property. The Beach Club rooms are set back from the hotel rooms and at best offer a peek at the ocean through the dense (beautiful) landscaping. The JW Suites have large balconies with ocean views - and as there is no kitchen/laundry may be more relaxing. The JW rooms are also closer to the pools. Only the Presidential suite has a private pool. For a private pool, on the same beach, try the Anantara resort which is just to the North. As far as the beaches, the JW/Beach Club and Ren are close together and look exactly the same to my eye. I have never (over 5 visits) found the beaches to be crowded.

For luxury, and something really different and definitely memorable, consider a short stay on the South end of Phuket at the Paresa resort. We visited while under construction and it is breathtaking. Rooms are on a cliff (no beach) and have private infinity pools.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
I've read the vast majority of this 88 page thread, but I can't seem to find a reliable e-mail address for the Renaissance Phuket GM. I have a 4 night cash stay booked for the first week of July and will only keep it if we can get upgraded to a pool villa as a Marriott Plat. Based on other reviews and the time of season, it looks like that won't be a problem... I'd just like to verify ahead of time. Otherwise, I'll use a diamond suite upgrade at the new Hyatt. Please feel free to PM if you'd rather not share the e-mail address with everyone. Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by DutchRyan
I've read the vast majority of this 88 page thread, but I can't seem to find a reliable e-mail address for the Renaissance Phuket GM. I have a 4 night cash stay booked for the first week of July and will only keep it if we can get upgraded to a pool villa as a Marriott Plat. Based on other reviews and the time of season, it looks like that won't be a problem... I'd just like to verify ahead of time. Otherwise, I'll use a diamond suite upgrade at the new Hyatt. Please feel free to PM if you'd rather not share the e-mail address with everyone. Thanks!
i've had luck calling the number on the back of my marriot card and they opened a ticket with the hotel. It was JW , but could be same process. I opened a ticket and was talking on email with the on duty manager and resolved my concern/questions.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
DutchRyan - I had no problems getting the Pool Villa upgrade nearly a year in advance. We are anxious for our visit in November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.