Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Thanks all. I've booked at JW Khao Lak!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:53 am

I am thinking about spending a week at the Ren Phuket this Christmas. I've stayed at the JW Marriott Phuket in 2006, which we liked, though I am looking for a more romantic/peaceful resort (I remember lots of kids at the JW, even though the pools were amazing), and I'm gathering the Ren might be more in line with this (though please correct me if I'm wrong). However, since we are there a week, I am wondering, can guests at the Ren use the pools/facilities at the JW? (the pool at the Ren looks a little small) Can you also have breakfast at the JW instead of the Ren? Is it easy to get back and forth? Any advice is appreciated (fyi -- I have no status with Marriott). Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by flagler1
I am thinking about spending a week at the Ren Phuket this Christmas. I've stayed at the JW Marriott Phuket in 2006, which we liked, though I am looking for a more romantic/peaceful resort (I remember lots of kids at the JW, even though the pools were amazing), and I'm gathering the Ren might be more in line with this (though please correct me if I'm wrong). However, since we are there a week, I am wondering, can guests at the Ren use the pools/facilities at the JW? (the pool at the Ren looks a little small) Can you also have breakfast at the JW instead of the Ren? Is it easy to get back and forth? Any advice is appreciated (fyi -- I have no status with Marriott). Thanks!
they're close but not as close.. there are some other resorts in between the two. i don't think you have access to the JW's pools as guest of the Ren. There's a shuttle to the Turtle Village (smallish mall near the JW).
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chris26WI
i don't think you have access to the JW's pools as guest of the Ren.
+1: As it is the JW pools at holiday times are really very busy- I haven't seen any cross guest privileges offered here.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by sim510
I spent only one night at the Ren Mai Khao. As a platinum I was upgraded to a FABULOUS suite for that night. One of the nicest one-bedroom suites I've ever had. The view was of the garden, not the Andaman, but that was OK.

I agree that the food selection at J W is better, as are the pools.

Four of us (two couples) spent a few days at J W (actually staying at the Phuket Beach Club in a 2-bedroom condo) over the past new year. It was so relaxing and awesome. I used points to do the booking. I think it was a miracle that I was able to get 3 nights for free (although we spent lots of $$$ there because we attended the gala dinner on N Y Eve and spared no expense on nice wine and champagne).

I am checking everyday now, hoping to book another free stay at the Beach Club, but this time for one week instead of 3 days. Nothing is showing as available. If I book 2 rooms/2 persons each room, I can get the J W and rhe Ren, plus Khao Lak pool access rooms. I don't really want to book anything except the 2-bedroom condo. What do FTers think my chances might be? What I don't want to do is wait too long to book, and then have nothing available at all.

The Mai Khao Beach condos were available when I first started searching, but we don't want that club. We definitely want the Phuket Beach club that is connected to the JW.

So... what are my chances?

I was able to score 5 nights on points for the Marriott Beach club in Phuket (yea!).

After searching the MR threads on Flyertalk, I cannot seem to find a thread dedicated to this hotel....did I just search incorrectly or is there no thread dedicated to the Marriott Phuket Beach Club?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tasnam
I was able to score 5 nights on points for the Marriott Beach club in Phuket (yea!).

After searching the MR threads on Flyertalk, I cannot seem to find a thread dedicated to this hotel....did I just search incorrectly or is there no thread dedicated to the Marriott Phuket Beach Club?
Did you manage this during holiday season? If so, that's a real steal!! I am paying for a week at PBC over the new year, via REDWEEK.com. This is my first time using their service. We'll see how it goes.

I managed 3 nights over the new year on points at PBC for 2013-2014, but we quickly decided that just 3 nights was not enough. It's a great place!! Can't wait to get back there this December. I started watching for availability for this year with points way back in January but never saw anything! Finally opted to pay thru Redweek rather than the price PBC web site is asking ($1000/night basically, plus taxes, etc)
Old Nov 1, 2014, 5:44 am

Yes 5 nights over the holiday timeframe.

Any Flyertalk thread discussion devoted for this hotel? (Marriott Beach Club Phuket)
Old Nov 1, 2014, 6:50 am

Yes 5 nights over the holiday timeframe.

Any Flyertalk thread discussion devoted for this hotel? (Marriott Beach Club Phuket)
I don't know of any single thread on FT that is just for PBC.
How long ago did you find your 5-night availability? Just curious.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by sim510
I don't know of any single thread on FT that is just for PBC.
How long ago did you find your 5-night availability? Just curious.

In Feb 2014
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:13 pm

In Feb 2014
Haha.... I was looking also. I saw five nights, but wanted a week! I should have jumped on it at the time..... Lesson learned.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Delta DM, Hertz Presidents Circle
Hey All,

Going to ask a question that has been brought up multiple times in this thread but I am hoping to get some more input from folks that have been to these props recently.

The new wife and I are headed on our honeymoon in January - the trip takes us to Thailand for a few days at the end of the month. I wanted to get any suggestions or tips on which property to book for a nice romantic, relaxing stay (although I do love a good swim in the ocean). At this point I think I am between the JW Khao Lak, JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, or Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa. I am only slightly leaning towards the JW Khao Lak at this point.

I was also looking at the Renaissance Koh Samui, however, I read that the beach there is a little shallow (also seems a little more tricky to get to), so I was looking for the other places above around Phuket.

I am plat if that means anything.

I have read through the last 15 pages of this thread and am slowly working my way back so I appologize if anyone repeats themselves.

I appreciate the help.

-J
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Headed to the REN in Phuket in 4 days. Let me know if anyone has any questions for while I am there.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Originally Posted by jblpro5
Hey All,

Going to ask a question that has been brought up multiple times in this thread but I am hoping to get some more input from folks that have been to these props recently.

The new wife and I are headed on our honeymoon in January - the trip takes us to Thailand for a few days at the end of the month. I wanted to get any suggestions or tips on which property to book for a nice romantic, relaxing stay (although I do love a good swim in the ocean). At this point I think I am between the JW Khao Lak, JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, or Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa. I am only slightly leaning towards the JW Khao Lak at this point.

I was also looking at the Renaissance Koh Samui, however, I read that the beach there is a little shallow (also seems a little more tricky to get to), so I was looking for the other places above around Phuket.

I am plat if that means anything.

I have read through the last 15 pages of this thread and am slowly working my way back so I appologize if anyone repeats themselves.

I appreciate the help.

-J
Of the three you are looking at, I would opt for either the JW Khao Lak or the Phuket Renaissance. As a Plat you should get an upgrade at both of these hotels but likely nothing at the JW Phuket. None of the three as a concierge lounge but at the JW Khao Lak you will get free drinks at Happy hour 6 to 7pm at either of the two bars - we prefer the Tsar Bar for the sunset views. At both the Renaissance and the JW Khao Lak you will also get free breakfast. The upgrades will depend on availability but at the Renaissance you may get a pool villa whilst at the JW Khao Lak the suites are huge and come with a great outdoor shower.

if you want to swim in the ocean then the beach at Khao Lak is in my view a better beach for swimmers. Khao Lak has a huge swimming pool with canals that run around the resort.

Whichever you choose - you will have a great time.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Delta DM, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by qwest01
Of the three you are looking at, I would opt for either the JW Khao Lak or the Phuket Renaissance. As a Plat you should get an upgrade at both of these hotels but likely nothing at the JW Phuket. None of the three as a concierge lounge but at the JW Khao Lak you will get free drinks at Happy hour 6 to 7pm at either of the two bars - we prefer the Tsar Bar for the sunset views. At both the Renaissance and the JW Khao Lak you will also get free breakfast. The upgrades will depend on availability but at the Renaissance you may get a pool villa whilst at the JW Khao Lak the suites are huge and come with a great outdoor shower.

if you want to swim in the ocean then the beach at Khao Lak is in my view a better beach for swimmers. Khao Lak has a huge swimming pool with canals that run around the resort.

Whichever you choose - you will have a great time.
Thank you!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:40 am

You will find many threads about the PBC at tugbbs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.