Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:03 pm
Suspended

armchair lawyers are not only dangerous to themselves but anyone else who believes in what you say

Originally Posted by Allvest
Defamation is indeed a potential criminal liability but not for calling taxis in gernral. It's more against an individual or a specific company.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by leeky
armchair lawyers are not only dangerous to themselves but anyone else who believes in what you say
Whatever.

The entire land transport system on Phuket is run by criminal syndicate(s). It's an obvious and well known as well as published fact.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
And now back to our regularly schedule programming, which is more to do w/ the properties

Cheers.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Spent this past long weekend in our yearly sojourn to the Renaissance Phuket.
Once again upgraded to a private pool villa (but this was done 11-months ago).
At checkin was introduced to the new GM (previous GM now in Hua Hin). Had a brief talk about his former position in Hong Kong. Very affable and proactive as he was seen several times during our 3-nighter.
A few comments –
Used the taxi meter service at HKT Arpt and for the first time this service actually turns on their meters – was told by the FD folks they use grabtaxi app.
The Thai Restaurant (Takieng) still serves up the best khanah moo grob (off menu) and is now open for lunch as well as dinner.
The breakfast staff now know how to make a “LEO”.
Highly recommended, especially over JW HKT.
Will once again return next year.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
these so called restaurants are no more then open air street food.
Yes,

Walk to the beach; turn left; walk a few hundred feet; sit down; and eat the best Pad Thai and garlic/black pepper shrimp in your life.

Trust me and others on this.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updates everyone. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rebadc
Yes,

Walk to the beach; turn left; walk a few hundred feet; sit down; and eat the best Pad Thai and garlic/black pepper shrimp in your life.

Gonna try tomorrow and report back.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Allvest
The thing that bothers me most at JW Phuket is that it's attached to two Marriott timeshare which attract LOTS and LOTS of kids. If you want to spend your honeymoon in a kid zoo, then JW Phuket is the place to be.
Go to the adult pool, it's quite quiet and you can hear the ocean

Originally Posted by sim510
I prefer J W Phuket over Khao Lak.
I prefer JW Phuket food, but Khao Lak is awesome if you can get a swim out room on the first floor. I regret not exploring Khao Lak more but loved that property.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Yes, a first floor room along the canals is great! I guess I just felt a lot more isolated at Khao Lak than I feel when at J W Phuket/Phuket Beach Club area.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by rebadc
Yes,

The Mrs. & I enjoyed the dinner this very evening. It was quite tasty and a great compliment to our 400 B Thai massages on the beach.

Not much love for this Gold elite. No lounge, no breakfast and a cold greeting. Stayed at the HKT Westin earlier in the trip which was far more impressive to this SPG Gold.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I've read the last 7 pages of this thread and am now quite confused.

Looking for opinions on JW Phuket vs. Ren Phuket.

We will be a couple, just looking to relax, sit on the beach, and have some good food. Would love to avoid screaming kids. Don't need much else.

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:56 pm
Suspended

I've stated my preference for the Ren over the JW several times due to -

* never upgraded as a P at JW; always upgraded to a private pool Villa (months in advance of arrival) at Ren
* Ren has one of the best Thai restaurants in Phuket and its now open for lunch too
* both props have kids but if you get a Villa you'll be away from their noise
* although JW has more restaurants to choose from easy to take a tuk-tuk from Ren to JW for lunch/dinner

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
I've read the last 7 pages of this thread and am now quite confused.

Looking for opinions on JW Phuket vs. Ren Phuket.

We will be a couple, just looking to relax, sit on the beach, and have some good food. Would love to avoid screaming kids. Don't need much else.

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Which restaurant do you think is great?

I've stated my preference for the Ren over the JW several times due to -

* never upgraded as a P at JW; always upgraded to a private pool Villa (months in advance of arrival) at Ren
* Ren has one of the best Thai restaurants in Phuket and its now open for lunch too
* both props have kids but if you get a Villa you'll be away from their noise
* although JW has more restaurants to choose from easy to take a tuk-tuk from Ren to JW for lunch/dinner
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Takieng Thai Rest (at the Ren) - Khun Ooo (who we know from formally being F&B Mgr at the BKK CY) has been doing the same in Phuket for the last 3/4-yrs and makes us what we request, both on/off the menu.

their Khanah (Thai veggie - don't know what it is in English) with belly pork (off menu) is IMO best in Thailand and their sweet & sour grouper (again, off menu) is pretty good too.

their All-Day Rest now knows how to cook up a LEO for breakfast.

(stayed last month, and similarly each year since they've opened, and met their new GM)

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Which restaurant do you think is great?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
You think it is better than Ginja at JW? I love that place.

Your comment about getting a UG at ren as a plat, was that a paid or award stay? My wife and I are going to go back in December of 2016 and I'd definitely move to Ren if it improved my UG chances. As plat I've gotten UG at Khao Lak JW but never Phuket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.