Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Really? However, I'm open to Ren, since it appears to be better place for elites, compare to JW Phuket. I can imagine that JW Marriott pool area might be filled with many kids during CNY weeks, and might hamper "relaxing" stay.
Three pools at JW Marriott, one of which is an adults only pool. The only pool I've seen a lot of kids at is the main pool area. I usually prefer the north pool (adult only) or the south pool.
I want to double check, I'll still get free breakfasts at Ren/or JW Marriott as Platinum?
Your status under the current rules will not get you breakfast, but you will if your room rate includes breakfast which many of the package rates do.. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-weekends.html
​​​​
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I want to double check, I'll still get free breakfasts at Ren/or JW Marriott as Platinum?
As of August 1, there will be a breakfast benefit at resorts. We don't know for sure what that's going to look like.
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Kacee
As of August 1, there will be a breakfast benefit at resorts. We don't know for sure what that's going to look like.
I contacted Ren Phuket about breakfast for platinums, they said nope, just 20% F&B discount. Would be awesome if they improve benefits after 8/1.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by CL9
In about 3 weeks I stay at Ren again and then switch to JW, so if you can wait I can give you a comparison of these two after my stay.
Much appreciated for willing to share your inputs on your upcoming stays at both properties ^. Looking forward to read your post few weeks later.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Love the Ren. See if they'll work with you to confirm a pool Villa.

They did for us a couple of years ago (as Platinum though and not Gold) and it remains one of our favorite trips
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:09 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by subdawg
I'm trying to find a thread on this, I tried searching but no luck. Which properties have lounge access in Phuket? If no lounge access, do they all provide breakfast vouchers for Platinum? I saw that someone had received breakfast at the CY.

We will also be staying in BKK, and I believe all full service properties there have lounges.

Thanks!
Bumping this question asked several years ago. Is it correct to say that there is still no Marriott property with a lounge in Phuket? Nothing on Starwood's side either.

Sounds like for a hotel with a lounge, it's either the Hyatt Regency or the Hilton.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
Bumping this question asked several years ago. Is it correct to say that there is still no Marriott property with a lounge in Phuket? Nothing on Starwood's side either.

Sounds like for a hotel with a lounge, it's either the Hyatt Regency or the Hilton.
No SPG or MR hotels with Lounges in Phuket. I was considering HR Phuket because of the Lounge but the reviews are not that good.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:18 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by CL9
If a good swimming pool is important, forget the Renaissance, it has only a very small pool.

In about 3 weeks I stay at Ren again and then switch to JW, so if you can wait I can give you a comparison of these two after my stay.
Really? However, I'm open to Ren, since it appears to be better place for elites, compare to JW Phuket. I can imagine that JW Marriott pool area might be filled with many kids during CNY weeks, and might hamper "relaxing" stay.

Much appreciated for willing to share your inputs on your upcoming stays at both properties ^. Looking forward to read your post few weeks later.
So now I can compare both resort and they are completly different in my opinion, they share only the same beach.
The Ren is a small resort the JW is very big.
As alreday someone told you, the JW has 3 pools, the main pool for everyone, and two seperate pools (one only for adults). Even the smallest pool at JW is at least double of Ren.
Platinum recognition is the same (both try the best to upgrade you)
As the JW is much more bigger, there are of course more people. So if you like it more privacy the Ren is the better option. Also at JW are more tour tourist, I have not seen one at Ren.
The JW has the typical JW style with a lot of dark wood, the Ren has modern style.
Service is great at both hotels, the eating also, at Ren you have the main restaurant, the thai restaurant and the sandbox (small foods during day)
JW offers more restaurants, I think she said something about 7 restaurants. The prices are a little bit expensiver than Ren.
An advantage of the JW is the near to the turle village and mai khao plaza (I reached it in about 4 minutes walk from the lobby, from Ren i think you go half hour)
There you find some shops and restaurants.

In my opinion both resorts are a very good choice, next time staying in phuket will not be easy for me to make a decision.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CL9
In my opinion both resorts are a very good choice, next time staying in phuket will not be easy for me to make a decision.
If you don't like mega-resorts, the Ren is definitely the better choice -- especially if you're willing to rent a (cheap) car at the Phuket airport. The Ren is arguably more isolated without a car. When we stayed at the Ren, we drove over and took a look at the JW Marriott. We were so glad we picked the Ren. And if you have status, you're likely to get upgraded to a plunge pool villa at the Ren: it would be very hard to beat that at the JW Marriott.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:15 am

Decide to go with JW Marriott Phuket, due to big pool options and familiar settings due to past stay (shorter walk to shopping center and a local Thai drinking hole).

However, we know new Starriott rules imply that platinums staying at Marriott resorts should able to get free breakfasts for 2. Do you think JW Marriott Phuket will be forced to honor this benefit?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: spg plat, krisflyer
Best spg Phuket resort

Hi
need advice on which spg resort in Phuket has nice beach and crystal clear sea water?
stayed at Naka island before, beach was disapppointing.

Was thinking naka Phuket or casa de La flora Khao lak. Anyone stayed there that can advise?
any other resorts I could consider?
am plat but would like a nice resort more than plat recognition in this instance.

Tia!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott PP, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
Curious now that we're in the days of post-August, when post-merger policies are in. Refreshing the age old questions others have asked... any updates on which properties provide breakfast to Platinum?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I called and JW Phuket and Khao Lak both said bteakfast was plat amenity choice. Booked both for stays in a few months. Will confirm if true. One nice change in merger is resorts giving breakfast if true
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:51 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I called and JW Phuket and Khao Lak both said bteakfast was plat amenity choice. Booked both for stays in a few months. Will confirm if true. One nice change in merger is resorts giving breakfast if true

we are are also going to tr the JW Khao Lak. Have had enough of crowds and sleeve in Phuket. When I emailed them and asked ailbout Plat amenities etc I was quite surprised to hear that 2 complimentary cocktails early evening( not sure if per room or person), complimentary shuttle and breakfast amenity. Upgrade pool is duplex suite if available but I doubt we will get anything as we are going over Chinese new year(what were we thinking when we booked,). We figured at least the standard rooms look fine which wouldn’t be the case at le Meridien. If going before do let us know how you found it
when
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Anyone knows what kind of benefits a gold member can expect at the JW Marriott Khao Lak? Two years ago there was a cocktail happy hour but I do not know if the happy hour exists anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.