Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG, RC
@t1c fantastic! Thanks for the pic. Definitely not ideal traveling with toddlers. But enjoyed your pm about the service and description of the property.

Originally Posted by t1c
Yes this is true. However its not as bad as it might seem. The two bedrooms are separated only by water and a walkway maybe 6 or 7 feet total. However both bedrooms are in the same compound.

Let me see if I can attach a pic...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:54 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by TravelPenguin
@t1c fantastic! Thanks for the pic. Definitely not ideal traveling with toddlers. But enjoyed your pm about the service and description of the property.
The hotel also has 2 bedroom non-beachfront suites... you might want to look into them also..
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
The hotel also has 2 bedroom non-beachfront suites... you might want to look into them also..
Thanks @t1c we are all booked thanks for all of your gracious assistance.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:34 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Thanks @t1c we are all booked thanks for all of your gracious assistance.
Sure Anytime! Where did you end up booking your stay at?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by t1c
Sure Anytime! Where did you end up booking your stay at?
@t1c we are booked at Marriott Nai Yang
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:45 am
t1c

@t1c we are booked at Marriott Nai Yang
Nice!!! Tell "Amm" and "Francois" (GM) I said hello.

Enjoy! and let me know if you need any more help.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by t1c
Nice!!! Tell "Amm" and "Francois" (GM) I said hello.

Enjoy! and let me know if you need any more help.

@t1c our travel plans are not till December but I will be sure to. Thank you so much for all your assistance.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:47 pm

We are a family of 4. Two adults and kids 1 and 5. I want to use points but if we select 4 people, the resort doesn't show up. Will there be an issue if i select 2 adults and one 5 year old and book the room ?

we will be accommodating our 1 year old in the same bedding and was just wondering if anyone had any experience in similar situation. I have requested 2 Twin bed arrangement and rollaway bed.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:05 pm
t1c

@t1c our travel plans are not till December but I will be sure to. Thank you so much for all your assistance.
PM me if you need any more help.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by t1c
PM me if you need any more help.
@t1c thanks!!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Just returned from the Renaissance. Great hotel and in a nice quiet area. I would recommend hiring a car, as there is nothing close to the hotel. I booked a standard room for 3 nights and as a plat I was upgraded to a one bedroom villa with plunge pool.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'm planning to spend a few days in Phuket in November. A couple of the properties are sold out for my dates, so I've narrowed it down to 3: JW, Renassiance, and the Nai Yang property. As a mere Gold, I'm not expecting an upgrade at any of the 3. From reading this thread and reviews it looks like they each have pluses and minuses.

I'd happily take recommendations, based on these points which are somewhat important to me:

- Quality of a basic room (Nai Yang and JW look better to me in the pics).
- Quality of the pool and outdoor areas
- Ability to access affordable meals at the hotel (Nai Yang looks like it may be lower priced). I'm not being cheap, but I also don't need to pay $20 US for a hamburger.
- Availability of decent local bars and restaurants, not in hotels, preferably within walking distance, but at least nearby.

So which of the 3 suits me best?

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by JBord
I'm planning to spend a few days in Phuket in November. A couple of the properties are sold out for my dates, so I've narrowed it down to 3: JW, Renassiance, and the Nai Yang property. As a mere Gold, I'm not expecting an upgrade at any of the 3. From reading this thread and reviews it looks like they each have pluses and minuses.

I'd happily take recommendations, based on these points which are somewhat important to me:

- Quality of a basic room (Nai Yang and JW look better to me in the pics).
- Quality of the pool and outdoor areas
- Ability to access affordable meals at the hotel (Nai Yang looks like it may be lower priced). I'm not being cheap, but I also don't need to pay $20 US for a hamburger.
- Availability of decent local bars and restaurants, not in hotels, preferably within walking distance, but at least nearby.

So which of the 3 suits me best?

Thanks!
Been at Ren in Jul. upgraded to pool villa as a gold. Resort at ~60-70% occupancy I'd say. Pool and outdoor areas are very nice, had a peek from outside into one of the basic rooms and look pretty good too.

There is shuttle to Turtle village and Maikhao Plaza from Ren, some bars and restaurants there with reasonable prices. From what I read on tripadvisor the Thai restaurant at Ren seems reasonably priced for dinner, but I didn't visit any of the resort restaurants during my stay. IIRC I've seen ~400THB for an entree/salad at Loca Vore at Ren at dinnertime. You can basically skip lunch since the breakfast at Ren is amazing and it runs till 11am.

One thing I chose Ren over JW is the size of the resort and elite treatment. Must say Ren is fantastic when it comes to elite treatment, and everyone is so nice and attentive at the resort. By the second morning, my preference for drinks and table+ room number was already remembered by staff at the restaurant. Housekeeping always discreetly keeps an eye on you, villa was always cleaned and tidied up when you're away, daily snacks were always delivered soon after you arrive back to the villa. The Ren is much more intimate than the JW. Can't say enough nice things about the Ren. So far my best hotel/resort stay ever.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
We just a completed a week at the Renaissance Phuket and, like others, I highly recommend it.

Pt members get 20% off F&B along with complimentary and very tasty breakfast at Takieng.

The place was full and we struck out on an upgrade even as Pt Premier. I did not expect anything given the time of year. They brought it up without a mention from me that we were first on the list. Regrettably, there were no cancellations.

The nice thing is that even when sold out the property is quiet and calm. It manages to be both family friendly and great for folks (like us) traveling without kids.

It’s close to HKT and far from Patong, which are both good.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.