Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:52 am
Suspended

IMO, the JW Khao Lak.

If you rent a car make sure you have an intl drivers license - not required by renting agency but by local fuzz and if you get into a fender bender.

Originally Posted by yngdiego
I'll be staying a week in Phuket in early May. My main goal is landscape photography and possibly guided tours. I am NOT looking to sit by the beach or swim. I'm also a Marriott Platinum.

Which Marriott property is best situated on the Island for easier access to the photogenic beaches and natural attractions?

I'm also thinking of getting a rental car while I'm there. Good, bad?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Just a reminder to PM me if you want a referral to stay at the Marriott Vacation Club Mai Khao resort adjacent to JW Marriott Phuket. You get 4 days 3 nights in exchange for attending a 90 minute timeshare sales presentation, if i refer you.

These are full timeshare units, so 2 bedroom suites with washer/dryer and kitchen. You also get free roundtrip airport pickup, and you can take a golf cart for a quick ride to the JW Marriott and/or the Renaissance to enjoy the restaurants/beach there.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 5:31 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Flash sale! Save 50% off in phuket to enjoy paradise at half the price: http://deals.marriott.com/jw-marriot...t/marflashsale

Offer ends March 30, 2016!

Book now and enjoy 50% off room rate + earn Double Marriott Rewards Points at the JW Marriott® Phuket Resort & Spa anytime from now until September 30, 2016.

Rates starting from THB 2,900 per room per night for room-only and THB 3,700 for room with breakfast.

Earn Marriott Rewards® Points when you book this special offer with us directly on marriott.com
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the Ren Phuket this past week and was blown away.

We made a last minute decision to change our plans from Bali to Phuket so on the day of I emailed to inquire about upgrade availability.

They got back to me quickly and said they could confirm us into a plunge pool villa for the entire stay so we made the switch at 140k points for 5 nights.

The villa was spectacular and the property was immaculate. In addition as Plat we got 20% F&B and spa which made the already reasonable prices even better.

The food was nice and well-suited for our American taste buds and the ocean views were fantastic.

I'll post pictures when I get home but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property to anyone, especially Plats. The value for points was incredible and it's a property I'd readily pay cash for as well.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:33 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Duke787
Stayed at the Ren Phuket this past week and was blown away.

We made a last minute decision to change our plans from Bali to Phuket so on the day of I emailed to inquire about upgrade availability.

They got back to me quickly and said they could confirm us into a plunge pool villa for the entire stay so we made the switch at 140k points for 5 nights.

The villa was spectacular and the property was immaculate. In addition as Plat we got 20% F&B and spa which made the already reasonable prices even better.

The food was nice and well-suited for our American taste buds and the ocean views were fantastic.

I'll post pictures when I get home but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property to anyone, especially Plats. The value for points was incredible and it's a property I'd readily pay cash for as well.
Any activities? Or, just staying at this relatively isolated property?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Any activities? Or, just staying at this relatively isolated property?
Just staying (apart from going to Chalong Bay Rum Distillery on our last day) - it was mainly a relaxation trip.

They did have bikes that we took out one day, paddleboards which we never seemed able to time for trying out, and walking on the beach in both directions was lovely (going left from the resort you head towards the airport so get to see some planes in and out which was a treat!)
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Flash sale! Save 50% off in phuket to enjoy paradise at half the price: http://deals.marriott.com/jw-marriot...t/marflashsale

Offer ends March 30, 2016!

Book now and enjoy 50% off room rate + earn Double Marriott Rewards Points at the JW Marriott® Phuket Resort & Spa anytime from now until September 30, 2016.

Rates starting from THB 2,900 per room per night for room-only and THB 3,700 for room with breakfast.

Earn Marriott Rewards® Points when you book this special offer with us directly on marriott.com

This might be Thailand wide or at least across Phuket. I just booked a room with breakfast and 50% off massages for $79 per night
Old May 7, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Here's my review of the Renaissance:

Whether you love this hotel or will hate it depends on what your travel style is, and what you want out of accommodations in Phucket. First, let me start out by saying the hotel accommodations are great. Friendly staff, large clean rooms, very good air conditioning, several pools, and good breakfast options. Grounds are very well maintained, and it's right on the beach. Landscaping is very lush, and feels like a nice upscale property.

You will love it if:
1) You want to stay at the resort your entire stay and not go see the rest of the island.
2) You don't want nightlife and just want a nice peaceful area to stay
3) If you aren't picky about your food and are ok with the hotel offerings
4) Want to stay at a Marriott property and use your points. Although during low season using points is a poor choice due to the 50% off regular room rates so the points value is low.

You will hate it if:
1) You want to be in the middle of the action within walking distance of shopping, places to eat, and nightlife. This property is VERY isolated. A good 60-90 minutes away by car from the popular areas of the island. Tours also seem to charge extra for pickup/dropoff due to the remote location. Also expect to be picked up earlier and return later than if you stayed in Patong.

2) Want a variety of places to eat and have 'real' native Thai food. I was very disappointed with the service and food quality at dinner time at the Renaissance. I was dying for better more authentic options.

3) While the hotel does have shuttle/taxi or limo service to the main areas of the island, like Patong, it costs extra. Limo is north of $100 round trip per car. Taxi is less, though. Smarter to stay in Patong if you want a more 'happening' vacation.

4) Since this hotel is so isolated, if you are into 'dating' apps on your phone to find like minded people to spend some time with, don't stay here. Most stay in Patong, so don't expect to find people close to you.

If this property could be transplanted to Patong, I would give it five stars. Unfortunately I had a pre-paid rate, or I would have moved locations the day I arrived. So if the hotel matches what you want in a Phuket vacation, stay here. But if you want to be centrally located, find a place in Patong. The JW Marriott is ~2 miles away, so don't think of staying there since it has the same location drawbacks as the Renaissance.
Old May 8, 2016, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the report/analysis. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Either there is something major wrong with Marriott's web site or JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa is leaving or has left Marriott.

Neither of these links work:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...esort-and-spa/

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hktjw

The reservation I have for December still shows up in my reservations but does not show hotel information, it only shows the following:

12/nn/16 12/nn/16 Maps & Directions <Res #>

The Map & Directions link, https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/hktjw/ like the two links above goes to a page that says: "The Property you are looking for is invalid. Please use the below section to find a property".

I the referenced "below section" when I click on the Thailand link the JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa is missing from this web page: https://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/thailand.hotels/

I emailed marriott.com an inquiry this morning as to why this hotel does not show up on their web site, but have not received a reply.

Now when I call reservations they say they can see my reservation and everything looks fine, so hopefully I'll have more info tomorrow when the marriott.com staff shows up at work. When I do, I'll come back and provide an update.
Old May 30, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Weird. I don't see it either.
I would assume it's a website issue rather than the property being re-branded without notice.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
hmmm.. strange..

it's part of Minor International Grp., wouldn't be the first property they'd rebrand to Anantara... though I guess they would have been publishing a press release or something prior to this.. so maybe just a temporary problem..

But otherwise, it's still listed under "Phuket" on the Marriott website, so maybe only a temporary technical issue.

Old May 30, 2016, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Either there is something major wrong with Marriott's web site or JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa is leaving or has left Marriott.
When I searched yesterday, only Phuket Renaissance and Phuket Marriott showed in the search results.

Now I get the full menu of Marriott options, including the JW. So looks like this was a website issue.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:43 am

It seems the JW Phuket has gone AWOL again. BTW: The global # of JWs has decreased from 80 to 79. I can only hope that this is just a temporary issue - I was just about to make a reservation for November...

Alright, here we go, the website is online again.

Last edited by funkbandit; May 31, 2016 at 8:30 am Reason: Updated information
Old May 31, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
The web site appears to be back to normal and I am able to access the JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa web site and it also comes up now when searching for reservations. I also recieved the following response from marriott.com support:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today.

The JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa webpage is now up and working.

If there are any further issues with the website please respond to this email. We will forward the information to our Development Team to insure that the issues are resolved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.