Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Just completed another stay at the JW Marriott Phuket last week. Having stay here and also the Renaissance previously I can say that each property has its pluses and minuses.

The Renaissance is definitely for for singles or couples who want an upgrade as they tend to do that well.

The JW is better suited for those that need 2 beds which was my reason for booking it this time. The standard rooms are beautiful and much nicer than the standard rooms at the Ren IMO. I also like having 3 swimming pools, and especially the north pool which is adults only. A very relaxing visit with a choice of 6 on site restaurants. Off site I would recommend Kin Dee restaurant which is a short 5 minute drive from the hotel, and if you don't have a car the restaurant will pick you up.

Our stay was excellent, check-in went smoothly with me taking Plat gift of 500 points. As usual Wifi was include and excellent speed and connectivity in the room. There were spots at the pool it would go in and out on occasion, but that was a minor inconvenience. At the pool, the fresh fruit and chilled towels they brought by from time to time was a very welcome touch.

We were there for 5 nights and there were two manager receptions for VIPs (Plats and/or Golds?), the first of which we went to. It was at the patio area just north of the main pool and they offered appetizers, beer, wine, and sparkling water.

About 50 steps from the north pool, there was a hut where one hour massages were available for 400-500 baht ($11-14 USD). This was a daily ritual.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:49 am

Hi there,

I am in the same position. Planning to go to Phuket mid January and am wondering which place offers best membership recognition / benefits i.e. breakfast, free cocktails, canapés etc.?

I am SPG Platinum and now recently was mapped to Marriott Platinum Elite.

Cheers,
F
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Fabs
Hi there,

I am in the same position. Planning to go to Phuket mid January and am wondering which place offers best membership recognition / benefits i.e. breakfast, free cocktails, canapés etc.?

I am SPG Platinum and now recently was mapped to Marriott Platinum Elite.

Cheers,
F
I echo this question above. Spending two weeks in Tahiland next November for my honeymoon. Any suggestions?

We're doing 4 days in Bangkok, 4 days in Chiangmai, and 9 days in Phuket (thinking of trying two resorts). We have hotels in my mind but want opinions.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I'm booked at the Renaissance Phuket next week for five nights. I'm Gold and booked with points in a deluxe room. What are my chances of getting upgraded to a pool villa?

I got an email about upgrading to a pool villa at 5000 baht/night. What I've read here seems to indicate that Golds have a fairly good chance at upgrading but my fear is that it's the high season so I'm contemplating biting the bullet and paying it.

Any experience as a Gold getting upgraded in high seasons? I'd rather not chance it but I'd also rather not pay if I can ultimately get it for free.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by civicmon
I'm booked at the Renaissance Phuket next week for five nights. I'm Gold and booked with points in a deluxe room. What are my chances of getting upgraded to a pool villa?

I got an email about upgrading to a pool villa at 5000 baht/night. What I've read here seems to indicate that Golds have a fairly good chance at upgrading but my fear is that it's the high season so I'm contemplating biting the bullet and paying it.

Any experience as a Gold getting upgraded in high seasons? I'd rather not chance it but I'd also rather not pay if I can ultimately get it for free.
been there once in high season, got "preferred room" only. pool villas were completely sold out. and they will upgrade plats first, that's sure.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by civicmon
I'd rather not chance it but I'd also rather not pay if I can ultimately get it for free.
How bummed will you be if you spend five nights in the room type you booked?

Personally, if I'm going to care about where I wind up, I don't leave these things to the upgrade gods anymore, especially during high season.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by Kacee

Personally, if I'm going to care about where I wind up, I don't leave these things to the upgrade gods anymore, especially during high season.
^ +1. I am going to Phuket in early May for a few days. I haven't been there for a few years and previously stayed at what was the Sheraton Laguna. I have researched the various Marriott hotels and they all seem to be spread out over a large area horizontally or vertically. I have mobility issues and want somewhere relatively flat where the rooms are close to the main hotel amenities and pool. Any recommendations?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by Kacee

Yeah... Valid point. I'll try to negotiate when I'm there if there are pool villas available but I said I'd pay the 5000b/night otherwise.

I'll give a review after the stay.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I was looking for a 1 night stay at the Renaissance Phuket for mid Feb, looking at the current pricing, it seems rather crazy...close to USD 200.
What is happening there around this time (I doubt it's high season). All the other Marriott properties looks to have crazy prices - cheapest is the Marriott (about 30 USD cheaper to the Renaissance), but that looks much further to the airport.

Furthermore, which location will be best if I am just there for 1 night in between flights (getting in around 6pm and out around 9 am).

Cheers!

ps: Just read older posts and looks like they are not offering Plat/Gold breakfast. Is this still true?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I was looking for a 1 night stay at the Renaissance Phuket for mid Feb, looking at the current pricing, it seems rather crazy...close to USD 200.
What is happening there around this time (I doubt it's high season). All the other Marriott properties looks to have crazy prices - cheapest is the Marriott (about 30 USD cheaper to the Renaissance), but that looks much further to the airport.

Furthermore, which location will be best if I am just there for 1 night in between flights (getting in around 6pm and out around 9 am).

Cheers!

ps: Just read older posts and looks like they are not offering Plat/Gold breakfast. Is this still true?
I'm not sure I'd consider close to $200 crazy expensive. Putting that aside. Given you're there for such a short period of time (6pm-9am), I'd go w/ the less expensive option.

My understanding is that high season in Phuket is through end of April. I've been told May prices adjust down by 50%.

Since all Phuket props are resorts no free brekkie any longer at any.

Cheers.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by BobBHX
^ +1. I am going to Phuket in early May for a few days. I haven't been there for a few years and previously stayed at what was the Sheraton Laguna. I have researched the various Marriott hotels and they all seem to be spread out over a large area horizontally or vertically. I have mobility issues and want somewhere relatively flat where the rooms are close to the main hotel amenities and pool. Any recommendations?
Can anyone help me with this question?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by BobBHX
I stayed at the Renaissance and JW Khao Lak - both were quite spread out from how I remember it. The Ren probably felt a bit more compact though.

If I could suggest a bit of a crazy angle -Khao Lak with the canals and pool access rooms. During my crazy gout flare-up days, I could definitely see that allowing more opportunity to move about - pack a towel / shoes / shirt in a waterproof bag, and move about the resort in the water, climbing out close to your destination, whether it be the restaurant, deli, spa or the pool bars.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:18 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Cheers!

It's high season, prices are high. I just got back and Phuket is packed, traffic has gotten a lot worse with road construction along main streets. Given that you arrive after sunset and leave in the morning, I'd stay close to the airport at whatever a short stay is worth to you, there are lots of independent hotels...
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:19 am

Thanks joeags. Much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.