Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:28 pm

Yes I saw the Mai Khao property on the 20k above previous peak list and locked in a pointsaver at 120k for 5 nights - has gone up to 137k post dynamic pricing, while Merlin beach has gone down 170k to 160k. MBC is showing 172k for five nights - all of these prices are for late June, so low season.

Lots of properties not showing points availability at all post-dynamic pricing, which hopefully resolves itself soon - most properties in Thailand have gone down, likely reflecting the continued travel restrictions.

maplearrbee, can you expand on the restrictions of MMK using JW facilities? Understand they have separate kids clubs, and that MMK cannot get towels from the JW pools, but surely the pools/beach themselves are still accessible? Or is there a physical barrier between the properties now?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
I have stayed at the JW Phuket (there now), Nai Yang, Renaissance, Four Points, Meridien Khao Lak, JW Khao Lak so far in the last 3 months, all for at least 10’days with the exception of Four Points. Let me know if you want any information.

My preference is the JW Phuket, followed by JW KL and the Renaissance. Meridien KL pretty good too.

Nai Yang good if you bag a villa but a bit small of a footprint so if you have noisy guests… Easy walk along the beach to town. You will have fun.
What would you suggest for a couple families with a couple 5 year olds. Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:08 am

I have concurrent bookings for the five nights two Vacation Club properties next week - Mai Khao beach for 120k, and Phuket Beach Club for 137k. Working out which one to keep and which to cancel - is the better kids club and additional pools worth the extra points?

Also, is the 10am checkout enforced at either property? I understand that the 4pm elite checkout isn't available at vacation club properties but would I be able to get 2pm?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Hi
Looking at Phuket for December/January. Still trying to decide where....two adults, no kids, like quiet, nice beach, no stress. Holding award booking at Ren, but also looking at JW. There is a cash upgrade option for about $270 USD/niight to get an oceanfront jacuzzi suite. Any thoughts on whether this is worth it? I would love to find a hotel at a reasonable rate with a private plunge pool, but not seeing anything.
Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:32 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
December/January is the peak time for Phuket. Finding "reasonable" rates for premium rooms/accommodation in nice resorts in good locations will likely be near impossible.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by merrickdb
I've stayed at the Marriott Merlin Beach, Four Points Phuket, Renaissance, Le Meridien Khao Lak, Westin Siray Bay, Ritz Phulay Bay, Naka Island, and Marriott Nai Yang (many for several weeks) over the past three months. I've also toured both JWs, the Le Meridien Phuket, and the just-opened Courtyard Phuket Town. Different properties have different strong points, but I've made the Marriott Nai Yang my home based on a combination of a great oceanfront pool villa upgrade, reasonable prices both for rooms and F&B, OK location (still not great, as even Bang Tao is 25 minutes away, but it's not as remote as the Mai Khao or Khao Lak properties), and a good beach. I'd be most likely to return to the Ritz and Le Meridien Khao Lak, but the Naka Island, Renaissance, and Four Points are strong too.

Best beach: Le Meridien Phuket (but otherwise a property I was keen to avoid--felt like a ghost town, and they don't upgrade beyond single-room junior suites)
Best service: Strong across the board (better than I've had at some US Ritz Carltons at every property in Phuket including the Four Points). Ritz Phulay Bay was the best, however. Our butler, Yid, was always present and amazing. Note that the Ritz itself isn't doesn't have much of a beach, but there are free speedboat transfers to a beach they have on another island (sadly the boat was cancelled due to weather the two days we were there). Also note that despite being a Ritz Carlton Reserve, the property treats Bonvoy elites very well, including very generous room upgrades and late checkout (we were offered 6 p.m.)
Best rooms/upgrades: Marriott Nai Yang, Renaissance, and Le Meridien Khao Lak all upgrade elites to villas with private pools. All of the Nai Yang ones are seafront and the Renaissance has a few seafront villas but they may be sold out. The worst upgrades/rooms at the moment are the Courtyard (the floor with the suites isn't complete yet and the available junior suites are a standard room with an additional small windowless room near the entry with a sofa) and the Marriott Merlin Beach which hasn't had suites available for booking in at least four months (with nothing bookable in the near future either). The Four Points is generous with suite upgrades when possible, but it's a dense property (>600 rooms in a small area) and ~85% of rooms, including all but four suites, don't have balconies or even windows that open.
Best location for restaurants: Courtyard by far. Loads of restaurants and an amazing Sunday market all in close walking distance. Phuket Town is well worth exploring. If you have a car, the Westin is only a 10-minute drive from Phuket Town, but the property itself feels old and is quite dirty (particularly the beach).
Best F&B: Marriott Merlin Beach. Reasonable prices and solid food, particularly in the Thai restaurant. The Pla Manao, whole steamed seabass in garlic and lime, there is the best I've had in Thailand, and I've had it in dozens of places. That preparation isn't on the menu at the Marriott, but you can request it. They have live fish, according to a staff member. Breakfast is great across properties, but my ranking would be Ritz, Naka Island, Four Points, Marriott Merlin Beach, Renaissance, Marriott Nai Yang, Westin Siray Bay, Le Meridien Khao Lak.

how about jw marriot upgrade? Any chance of a villa ?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Any Plat/Titanium benefits at Mai Khao Marriott?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:55 pm

Which hotels in Phuket is best for elite benefits? understand none of properties have lounge, does any of them offer happy hour in lounge or drinks coupon
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by indifly
Which hotels in Phuket is best for elite benefits? understand none of properties have lounge, does any of them offer happy hour in lounge or drinks coupon
None of the properties offer anything anymore in terms of happy hour or dink coupons. The only thing I can think of is Marriott Merlin gives a free non-alcoholic drink at the Thai restaurant to plats and above. You have to ask for it and they sometimes accidentally charge you for it. I think Naka also gives free daily speedboat transfers if you have excursions you need to go to the mainland for.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by indifly
There are people on the beach of the LeMeridien that will sell you cold Singha or Chang for a couple bucks. You can sit in the beach chairs and have a cold beer. Better than any lounge I’ve been in, even if it costs two bucks.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone stayed at the Westin or Renaissance recently? Was going to do a few weeks in Phuket and can't decide which property to pick but the reviews of Westin on Marriott.com say it's heavily dated?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott, Lufthansa Miles&More, Accor
Last time I stayed at the Westin was 2020, it was very dated and felt not well maintained. In spite of suite upgrade I won't return even though the bay views are spectacular. Renaissance is a much better option in my opinion.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Sohan
Has anyone stayed at the Westin or Renaissance recently? Was going to do a few weeks in Phuket and can't decide which property to pick but the reviews of Westin on Marriott.com say it's heavily dated?
Renaissance. By a country mile.

Try to get a beach villa.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:22 pm

Honeymoon - Renissance or Naiyang or other?

Looking for a 3 night resort stay in Phuket for our honeymoon in early October. We currently have stays booked at both the Naiyang and the Renaissance and have been combing through the threads and TripAdvisor to see which one would be a better stay. Has anyone had a recent stay at both and have an opinion? We care most about:

a) The room itself and privacy (we read the rooms at the Naiyang are dated but the rooms seem larger; we also read that there may be some construction?). We plan to be in a villa (either directly booking one or using SNAs).
b) Food - we are plat and intend to do the breakfast buffet.
c) Location: both seem to be pretty remote which we are OK with since we plan to only go into Phuket town for one day— but the Slate being so close to Naiyang serves as a nice alternative for dinner. Not sure about dinner options near the Ren
d) Amenities: pool and beach though we will mainly be relying on the villa! Still nice to have in case we want a change in scenery

Thank you in advance!
Old Oct 15, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Heading to Phuket Nov 25 - Dec 5. I have 5 nights at JW Phuket then trying to decide where to go the last 5 nights. I have reservations at Renaissance , Nai Yang and Merlin. Since JW is so close to Renaissance, would it be better to check out another area of Phuket? Which one would be best for upgrades with titanium status? Any recommendations appreciate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.