Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Le Meridian, 5-10 mins drive to nightlife yet beautiful beach away from hustle and bustle. Rest far from nightlife except for one of the Marriott's but haven't been there
Yes, LM is in a great location. But Naka is not that far from Patong (7k vs 4k for LM). If that's your cup of tea. (Not mine.)
Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
Just stayed two separate weekends at Phuket Beach Resort on Mai Khao. For a family needing two rooms this is a great option and we really enjoyed all the kids activities. Easy to get to from the airport and very quiet area. 2 bedroom vacation club rooms were updated and nicely appointed.

Platinum benefit was continental breakfast at the deli - which is much better than it sounds with hot, fresh cooked options. Perfect for hungry kids with pancake options. Also received 20% off food.

There is a local restaurant just south with good food much lower price than the hotel.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: aeroplan spg
Originally Posted by JJuice
Just stayed two separate weekends at Phuket Beach Resort on Mai Khao. For a family needing two rooms this is a great option and we really enjoyed all the kids activities. Easy to get to from the airport and very quiet area. 2 bedroom vacation club rooms were updated and nicely appointed.

Platinum benefit was continental breakfast at the deli - which is much better than it sounds with hot, fresh cooked options. Perfect for hungry kids with pancake options. Also received 20% off food.

There is a local restaurant just south with good food much lower price than the hotel.
So you stayed at Marriott's Mai Khao Beach - Phuket? I just emailed them and they said no breakfast offering is available for Platinum members....did you have to ask for it or was it given automatically? I am going with two kids also, was it included for all four of you?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
Originally Posted by gocolts
So you stayed at Marriott's Mai Khao Beach - Phuket? I just emailed them and they said no breakfast offering is available for Platinum members....did you have to ask for it or was it given automatically? I am going with two kids also, was it included for all four of you?
We stayed next door at the Marriott Phuket Beach club attached to the JW. There are two properties - I believe the one you mentioned is not on the beach and does not share the 3 pools of the JW.

we had confidential breakfast at the Siam Deli and it was a surprise to me, but received for all 5 people in our room.
gocolts likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
JW Marriott Phuket does have a very very nice beach. For Plat and above a very good breakfast. It’s a beautiful lush property with a decor that nods to traditional Thai esthetic. It is an old property but well maintained. The fail is service, maybe it’s just because we’re coming from the SGS in Bangkok that were use to a high level of service but I have to better service at court yards in Florida and that’s not a benchmark to aim for
Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:05 am

Marriott Recommendation Phuket

Looking for recommendations for Marriott properties in Phuket for a couple, 3-4 night stay in Feb.
Here's our criteria:
Close proximity to a beach and also relatively close to a town or village
Access to boat/tour operators
Prefer adult only, but the previous preferences are more important.

Essentially we are looking for a relaxed beach getaway, but not in too remote a location as we would like to check out a local town/market and also have the option of taking a tour or boat ride.

Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
JW Marriott Phuket

Stay Report - 12/27 - 12/28

Location: The hotel is located only 20 minutes north of HKT Airport. It's on a very pleasant beach and nearby is Turtle Village which has a bunch of restaurants, bars, stores and grocery stores. You can easily walk here and stock up your room on liquor and snacks or have a meal.

Hotel: The hotel reminds me a lot of the Mauna Kea. It's a large, sprawling resort that harkens back to an earlier time. In some ways this is pleasant especially if you like nostalgia, but in other ways it can be frustrating as it's missing anything modern. The resort itself has three pools, several restaurants ranging in quality from a coffee shop to fine dining, it's on a very nice beach and there's also tennis, a spa and more. Expect lots of kids and families here.

Check In: I arrived at 11 AM via transportation the hotel booked for me. Unfortunately my room wasn't ready until 12:30 so I had to kill some time. Staff were very friendly and helpful though. I was able to pick amenities for being Titanium which were either snacks or drinks, 1,000 points or breakfast.

Room: Very nice though as I mentioned earlier, not modern. While I loved the huge bathroom, large bed, huge TV and my own private balcony with its own whirlpool, I did not like the fact that there are no outlets next to the bed or at the desk and no USB charging at all in the room. The light switches are also old and hard to find. Still, I will note this was the best use of a SNA all year.

Powder room

Main bathroom

Resort: The pools are quite nice and have their own bars as well as lots of staff. The beach was nice too and quiet and safe feeling and you can also get a massage next to it at a little hotel run massage shack. The resort itself is pleasant to stroll around, there's lots of places to sit and relax and its well manicured.

East Pool

Main Pool

Dining: I had a couple of very overpriced beers at the bar near the lobby and got a sandwich there too which was decent. The breakfast buffet is very good with a good mix of cooked to order options (noodles, eggs etc.) and western and eastern hot and cold items. Annoyingly soda isn't included with breakfast so I spent $5 on a Pepsi Max.

Breakfast

Overall I liked the resort a lot though I wish they'd upgrade the rooms a little.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:10 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
JW Marriott Khao Lak isn’t a quiet resort (or probably it is during low season periods)

The rooms are very bad insulated (even the renewed ones).

to find a sunbed at the beach before 2.00 PM is a war ...often even at the pools. Lot of people are complaining about that in these days. And what I find ridiculous is that the resort is enormous, there is plenty of place where they could put other 20/30/40 sunbeds, but they don’t

there are “adult zones” at the beach and at the pools, but nobody one is respecting it.

Restaurant for breakfast is very crowded, except to stay at adult area (smoking area) - it’s not an issue for me.

on positive aspects: only 35 k points x night during high season

the rooms are very big and comfortable and all the resort is very clean and very well maintained

prices at bar and restaurants are ok and there are also a lot of local restaurants just out the property, on the left hand of the beach

beach is very clean and beautiful and quiet sea.

air conditioning in common areas is at comfortable temperature (not as low as at many places in Thai)
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Sorry, forgot to specify, I meant JW Phuket. Good to know that JW KL went up, then back down to 35K.
Speaking of 35K, I am planning to stay at a Phuket-area hotel for 7 nights using a Cat 5 (new Cat 5) Travel Certificate. I'll be traveling with my 6-year old son. Am I correct to assume that the JW Marriott is the best of the 35K/night hotels in the Phuket area for kids? I'm concerned that the renaissance is too romantic / boring for kids, and that Khao Lak might be too remote / fewer kid-friendly options. For what it's worth, I've been to Phuket before, as well as to Khao Lak, though have never stated at either JW properies. As far as towns/areas,. I much preferred Khao Lak, but feel that there are more options for kids near (or not too far) from JW Phuket. I am also planning to get a rental car.

Thanks for your suggestions and input!
We have been to JW Mai Khai a number of times and kids love it. For some reason our kids didn't care for the JW Khao Lak so we end up going to JW Mai Khao regularly.
maplearrbee likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Which property can accommodate 2 adults + 2 kids? It's very frustrated to see every time I select 2 adults + 2 kids, only the most expensive villas remain as options. It's ridiculous that you can book the standard room with the same number of people via booking.com but you cannot do that on Marriott.com
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:12 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by gogomustangs
Which property can accommodate 2 adults + 2 kids? It's very frustrated to see every time I select 2 adults + 2 kids, only the most expensive villas remain as options. It's ridiculous that you can book the standard room with the same number of people via booking.com but you cannot do that on Marriott.com
JW Khao Lak can (assuming kids under 12) and I reckon a few of the others can also.
Don't go by what marriott.com says. Contact the hotel directly and ask them. Booking.com probably will be a good guide on who to call, but an email from the hotel itself will be invaluable if issues arise at check-in
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by gogomustangs
Marriott Nai Yang - stayed last August. Booked a double double and confirmed with hotel that 2 adults and 2 kids could stay before arrival. Got upgraded to a suite as Platinum. Very happy
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
JW wants out - properties also now being Bonvoyed

https://viewfromthewing.com/the-j-w-...-theyre-suing/
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
JW wants out - properties also now being Bonvoyed

https://viewfromthewing.com/the-j-w-...-theyre-suing/
Interestingly, the property says their reimbursement rate on awards has dropped from $120 to $47 per night under Bonvoy.

Sounds like Marriott is hosing their counterparties on both ends of the points transactions (and undoubtedly taking more for itself in the middle).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.