Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Marriott-family hotels in Phuket, Thailand

They are offering breakfast for platinums and a 20/25% discount on all resort restaurant.

The views from the oceanfront pool villas are amazing. Worth paying extra if you can't guarantee an upgrade.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Club lounge?

Hello,

Does the Ren or JW have a lounge that serves complimentary (for MR Gold) cocktails/canapes in the evening? Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 54austin
Hello,

Does the Ren or JW have a lounge that serves complimentary (for MR Gold) cocktails/canapes in the evening? Thanks.
No lounge at JW. If you are planning a lot of F&B consumption at the hotel it is worth it to check out the special Marriott Thailand card which provides discounts up to 50% on F&B at Marriott hotels in Asia. We were able to easily more than cover the card costs in a stay of less than a week.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
No lounge at JW. If you are planning a lot of F&B consumption at the hotel it is worth it to check out the special Marriott Thailand card which provides discounts up to 50% on F&B at Marriott hotels in Asia. We were able to easily more than cover the card costs in a stay of less than a week.
Thanks, but it looks like it's only open to Thai residents.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, but it looks like it's only open to Thai residents.
There are two versions- one for residents, one for non-residents. Give them a call and they will explain to you which program you best qualify for and the costs. It saved me a lot of money at the JW- particularly useful as there are not a lot of good restaurants close by that are not on-property or at the nearby REN.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
Hello,

There is no lounge at the Renaissance Phuket, however as a platinum we received complementary breakfast for both rooms (4 of us) each day. Also, a 20% discount on all food and beverage at the hotel was taken off our bill at the end of the stay.

This is a fantastic hotel. Only negative is that if you want to spend much time in Phuket town or Patong, it is about 45 minutes away.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:59 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Hello,

No. Not in either property.

FYI previous posts on FT spoke of Gold's and Plats being offered a 'happy hour' of complimentary drinks in the JW KL. We received no such offer there during our stay as gold members this week.
YMMV and Plats may still receive. We did receive a welcome letter confirming complimentary breakfast and various other discounts for gold's there.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catharsis

FYI previous posts on FT spoke of Gold's and Plats being offered a 'happy hour' of complimentary drinks in the JW KL. We received no such offer there during our stay as gold members this week.
YMMV and Plats may still receive. We did receive a welcome letter confirming complimentary breakfast and various other discounts for gold's there.
In my experience a large number of hotels in Thailand (not just Marriott) tend to offer manager hosted happy hours once a week or so with management in attendance- it can just depend also on time of year- usually they seem to do this when occupancy is very high/peak periods.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
There are two versions- one for residents, one for non-residents. Give them a call and they will explain to you which program you best qualify for and the costs. It saved me a lot of money at the JW- particularly useful as there are not a lot of good restaurants close by that are not on-property or at the nearby REN.
If there are two versions, that must be a recent change. To my knowledge, there is only one version, for Thai residents only. And they check!

Bruce
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bdschobel
If there are two versions, that must be a recent change. To my knowledge, there is only one version, for Thai residents only. And they check!

Bruce
The non-resident version has been there for many years. The difference is it does not include a free night certificate. Give them a call and they will set up an appointment to explain to you the different packages.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:31 pm

To those who have gotten UGs at the REN to Villas, did you just book Deluxe rooms? Or did you book 1 BR Suites? Also, any suggestions on timing for when I should email for the UG? Never done that before, so I didn't know if its better way in advance or the week of. Planning to say 3-4 nights in May 2015. TIA.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Trying to decide where to stay. I'm going to be in BKK in Feb and thinking of taking a 3-4 day beach trip in late Feb.

From the lowest price for my eligible rates, I'm finding Marriott Mai Khao Beach at $180. Phuket Beach Club is $214. JW Khao Lak is $210.

Also, the Ren Koh Samui is about $220. If airfare is similar, how does it factor in?

Any recommendations on where I can say and get the most out of plat status? I'm just looking for a place to relax and do nothing for 3 days. Good, and reasonably priced, food is a consideration as well.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Last edited by mikelat; Oct 7, 2014 at 6:44 pm Reason: removed accidental inclusion of 'more' when quoting prices.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by mikelat
Trying to decide where to stay. I'm going to be in BKK in Feb and thinking of taking a 3-4 day beach trip in late Feb.

From the lowest price for my eligible rates, I'm finding Marriott Mai Khao Beach at $180. Phuket Beach Club is $214 more. JW Khao Lak is $210 more.

Also, the Ren Koh Samui is about $220. If airfare is similar, how does it factor in?

Any recommendations on where I can say and get the most out of plat status? I'm just looking for a place to relax and do nothing for 3 days. Good, and reasonably priced, food is a consideration as well.

wondering that JW KL is $210 more? for the total? usually it's cheaper than HKT Beach Club & Mai Khao Beach. - Distinctly more flight options to Phuket (also check flights from Don Mueang airport) than to Samui.

JW KL treats elites very well.. Ren Samui not really. Beach at Ren Samui not really perfectly nice.. - I would go for JW Khao Lak, but I don't know Beach Club & Mai Khao Beach.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
As a Plat I was upgraded to a Pool Villa at the Ren over 9 months in advance. How's that for treatment?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Originally Posted by mikelat

From the lowest price for my eligible rates, I'm finding Marriott Mai Khao Beach at $180. Phuket Beach Club is $214 more. JW Khao Lak is $210 more.

Phuket Beach Club and Mai Khao Beach Club are both Marriott Vacation Club Resorts and so NOT hotels. So nothing for a plat member other than the elite nights and points. JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is a resort hotel - NO Lounge and usually nothing in the way of an upgrade to a suite for Plat members. JW Khao Lak - usually very generous with an upgrade to a suite. No Lounge but free drinks at the bar for Golds and Plats from 6 to 7 pm every evening. Also some great local restaurants along the beach. The Renaissance Phuket is also a Resort so no lounge but is usually very good with an upgrade to a pool villa for plat members.

If it were me I would be off to the JW at Khao Lak in a heartbeat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.