FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:49 am
leeky
Suspended

the road from the airport north to KL is not bad except for one hilly/twisting road area about 15-kms before you reach the town of KL.

if you are intending to rent a car be advised that there will be at least 2 checkpoints, one just before going over the bridge and atnother one along the way, and either both could ask you under penalty of Thai driving laws to produce your Int'l drivers License.

although the renting agency probably won't ask that does not preclude your need for one in the event you are stopped at one of the check points and especially if you get involved in a fender bender.

Originally Posted by joeags
We're arriving after dark into Phuket airport, and I had planned on spending a night at the Renaissance Phuket before making it up to the JW Khao Lak. But my wife would prefer to spend the entire time in Khao Lak. I want to have a car, so how's the drive heading up there if we were to do it right away at night? Curvy, narrow, bad roads, etc sort of thing.