Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:59 am

Yes I heard about the forms. I'm just trying to blanket search first and see what is avail.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
These have been posted before, so I'm only repeating what has been published.

MMF is the friends and family code. As has been said, you will need a form to be authorised by someone at property or a central office basis. I've used these a few times and have always been asked for it when checking in. I'm sure your contact will sort you out.

Happy honeymoon planning. Where are you thinking of if you don't mind me asking?
Old Oct 19, 2006, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by rockystar
Yes I heard about the forms. I'm just trying to blanket search first and see what is avail.
You won't find much advance availability on the MMF code. My understanding is that inventory is released for MMF as little as 90 days out.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PorkRind
You won't find much advance availability on the MMF code. My understanding is that inventory is released for MMF as little as 90 days out.
The requirement is a minimum of 60 days out
Old Dec 3, 2007, 6:43 pm

Friend with M used this rate and it was $10 higher than the Senior rate. Does this makes any sense?
Old Jun 7, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AirTran, Hilton HHonors, Marriott Rewards, LaQuinta, Holiday Inn Priority Club, Omni
Can I use Friends & Fam rate & still get Points?

I am holding a reservation for 6 nights at a Res Inn using Friends & Fam rate. Does anyone know if I will still receive reward points for this stay? I will have the proper documents from my "friend" by check in, (which may provide an answer this question once I have them in hand) but I will change my reservation NOW if the answer is NO...no points allowed!

Last edited by bdschobel; Jun 7, 2008 at 5:56 pm Reason: removed confidential rate code, thread is OK without it
Old Jun 7, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi SaraSue,

If you mean that you want to get points for a stay by someone else, I think that the response is a clear no. Your name needs to be the one on the invoice.

But maybe there's a new trick in town, although it would surprise me very much.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 7, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AirTran, Hilton HHonors, Marriott Rewards, LaQuinta, Holiday Inn Priority Club, Omni
No, my name is on the reservation, the invoice and I am personally paying for the room. Marriott has a program to grant friends and family members of current employees a special rate. This not the employee rate - but is an extended benefit an employee may offer to "friends & familly".

Documentation is required at c/i to qualify - which cannot be issued by the HR dept. of the employees hotel until 30 days (I think) prior to the stay.

I searched terms & conditions at the Marriott website, but there was no mention of this.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I believe you do.. however the caveat is believe.. i'm not 100% sure on this
Old Jun 7, 2008, 2:10 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by SaraSue
No, my name is on the reservation, the invoice and I am personally paying for the room. Marriott has a program to grant friends and family members of current employees a special rate. This not the employee rate - but is an extended benefit an employee may offer to "friends & familly".

Documentation is required at c/i to qualify - which cannot be issued by the HR dept. of the employees hotel until 30 days (I think) prior to the stay.

I searched terms & conditions at the Marriott website, but there was no mention of this.
As long as you are the "Friend/Family" using the discount and not the employee then yes, you are entitled to Marriott Rewards points for your stay and any and all elite benefits associated with it. However, if you are the employee then no you are not entitled to any benefits as maintenance of a MR account while employed with Marriott is against the terms of employment.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 2:21 pm

As a former Marriott employee (well, actually Renaissance before they got sucked up by Marriott) I know employees aren't eligible to receive points for stays (but get GREAT rates!) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to forfeit the points for a relatively small savings (about $20-$30 nite).
Old Jun 7, 2008, 4:45 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Don't fall into that trap, cash savings today is worth more than points with a promise that you might actually get to use them in the future...

Reminds me of trading cash thats good everywhere for an equal amount gift certificate good at only one place/chain, etc. Why unless some deal is attached?

But I'm sure you already knew that!
Old Jun 7, 2008, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SaraSue
I am holding a reservation for 6 nights at a Res Inn using Friends & Fam rate Does anyone know if I will still receive reward points for this stay? I will have the proper documents from my "friend" by check in, (which may provide an answer this question once I have them in hand) but I will change my reservation NOW if the answer is NO...no points allowed!
Gosh I wish I could blame this on the 101 degree heat outside but opps..mistake on my part..yes friends & family does earn points/stay credit - associate rate only earns points on incidentals

Last edited by socrates; Jun 8, 2008 at 11:34 am
Old Jun 7, 2008, 5:51 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by socrates
nope no points sorry (yes the person who arranged the reservation should have been able to tell you this)....anything associated with MARx does not receive points
I don't mean to question you but are you sure on this? I know that by the old rules no employee discounted rates were eligible to receive MR points but under new rules supposedly (both when I worked at Marriott AND in my own personal experience), friends and family discounts have been eligible for MR points.

Just did a dummy booking using the Marriott Friends and Family Rate Code... in checking the reservation it denotes: This stay will be credited to your Marriott Rewards Account

Last edited by bdschobel; Jun 7, 2008 at 7:20 pm Reason: removed confidential rate code, thread is OK without it
Old Jun 7, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
I worked for Marriott just over 18 months ago, as of then there were no points for certain rates. Sorry, but I would doubt this would change.

Last edited by bdschobel; Jun 7, 2008 at 7:21 pm Reason: removed confidential rate code, thread is OK without it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.