Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2005, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by TribeFlyer
Nope. Even Marriott employees (let alone F&F) have trouble getting associate rate at R-C...
That is incorrect as the MMP associate rate does apply at Ritz-Carlton as I have used it several times.

Some Ritz-Carlton never offer it but others like the ones in D.C., Sarasota, and Naples can be very generous with what they offer.

Ritz-Carlton associate rate varies from $89-139 a night depending on location.

Last edited by Lefty33; May 20, 2005 at 11:32 am
Old May 21, 2005, 8:31 pm

Programs: Too many to list
You are not 100% correct. RC does have employee rates available, but Marriott International employees do not qualify for the rate. RC employees can stay at any Marriott and get the rate but not vice versa. I am assuming this is becauase there are many more Marriott employees than RC employees.
Old May 24, 2005, 12:21 pm
RTG

Programs: SWA - DL - Diamond - 1MM, A List, Marriott - Plat - Lifetime, AmEx - Plat, AAA, Avis - Preferred
Originally Posted by TribeFlyer
Nope. Even Marriott employees (let alone F&F) have trouble getting associate rate at R-C...
Actually, I have gotten an MMF rate through a Marriott friend for the RC New Orleans.
Old May 25, 2005, 12:44 am

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try it in the future.
Old May 25, 2005, 4:21 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Originally Posted by RTG
Actually, I have gotten an MMF rate through a Marriott friend for the RC New Orleans.
Is that so? Thanks for letting me know. (Note to Lefty33: I should have been more explicit; the associate rate is available to Marriott Intl employees, subject to availability. Marquiss22's answer is closer to what I meant.)
Old May 25, 2005, 9:41 pm

Programs: Starwood Hotels, Alaska Air, Delta/Northwest Air
Originally Posted by marquiss22
You are not 100% correct. RC does have employee rates available, but Marriott International employees do not qualify for the rate. RC employees can stay at any Marriott and get the rate but not vice versa. I am assuming this is becauase there are many more Marriott employees than RC employees.
Not true. I worked for Marriott for 3 years and used the Associate Rate at several Ritz Carltons. Not every Ritz Carlton participates because not every RC is affiliated with Marriott. Marriott associates are also eligible to transfer to some Ritz Carltons. I can't tell you which RC's are affiliated with Marriott and which aren't, however.
Old May 26, 2005, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by marquiss22
Like PHX Mike posted you are incorrect in that MMP is the employee rate which is usable for most RC by Marriott employees.
I think what you are thinking of is that RC employees have a seperate cheaper rate that they can use to stay at other RC properties and that rate code is not applicable to Marriott employees just RC employees.
Old May 26, 2005, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PHXMike
Not true. I worked for Marriott for 3 years and used the Associate Rate at several Ritz Carltons. Not every Ritz Carlton participates because not every RC is affiliated with Marriott. Marriott associates are also eligible to transfer to some Ritz Carltons. I can't tell you which RC's are affiliated with Marriott and which aren't, however.
In the USA Chicago is run by the Four Seasons, all others are run by the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, LLC
Old Jun 2, 2006, 3:30 pm

"local friends & family rate"

When I put in one of the codes listed in another thread(D52)...in some areas, I get the notation "Local Friends & Family rate". The rate is usually highly discounted ($59 in the Charlotte, NC area). When I click on 'rate rules"...there really isn't anything stating that a special form, certificate, etc. is needed. Just what is this "friends and family rate"? Is it legit....or should I avoid it?

DEB
Old Jun 2, 2006, 5:01 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Deleted. Misread the code that was used. Don't have any experience with D52.

--Jon
Old Jun 3, 2006, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by senorak
When I put in one of the codes listed in another thread(D52)...in some areas, I get the notation "Local Friends & Family rate". The rate is usually highly discounted ($59 in the Charlotte, NC area). When I click on 'rate rules"...there really isn't anything stating that a special form, certificate, etc. is needed. Just what is this "friends and family rate"? Is it legit....or should I avoid it?

DEB
regardless of the rate rules a form IS required
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:22 am

Friend & Famly Rate Code/Employee discount code

Does anyone know what these codes are? MMR comes up as something else and I'm trying to search for discouted rates for friends/family.

Thank you.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:27 am
tgw

If you were eligible for these rates, you would probably already have the code.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:31 am

If my tie to Marriott did not just take off for a 10 hour flight or if I was at home I guess I'd have access to the code and would be able to start searching avail for my honeymoon.

Be nice.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:52 am

To be eligible for the friends and family rate, you will need a signed form from the manager of a Marriott location for each property at which you will be using the rate.

For example, the sales manager at a property I've used regularly for over 2 years was able to secure 3 forms, signed by the front desk manager of that property, for use at 3 alternate Marriott properties of my choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.