Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Old Jun 20, 2008, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Could residing in another time zone a good indication that I don't live in that radius?
I have lots of family in Boston, how about that?
Not if you live in Indiana. Stupid, stupid multi-time zone Indiana.

Not that I'm bitter.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 6:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by World_Traveler
Not sure but I think you may be talking about rate code MMR (Friends & Family) although I've also seen that code listed as M&M, MARS and Masterfoods USA - seems to vary by property. The Friends & Family rate is for employees to extend a discount rate to their friends & family IIRC. Can't seem to find the exact rules for it though. I have a friend that works for Marriott and I've used the rate before but it doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be so haven't used it in awhile. Don't remember what documentation (if any) I had to provide at check-in but I seem to recall that I got points and everything for the stay.
The code that pulled out this rate was L6C.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I pulled the L6C rate in several different states and it looks like it is a "local companies" rate. Didn't see any restrictions on it as far as ID's go so I do not know what type of trouble you would encounter upon check-in.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM | DL Gold | AA Gold | Marriott Platinum | Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by USFreak
I pulled the L6C rate in several different states and it looks like it is a "local companies" rate. Didn't see any restrictions on it as far as ID's go so I do not know what type of trouble you would encounter upon check-in.
Agreed - L6C is a "local companies" / "local corporate" rate which means different things to different properties. At some DC properties, for example, it's a "local museums corporate rate" and at others it's a "local corporate rate". Don't know how/if that's related to rate described by OP in the first post, seems weird.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I just plugged L6C in for an upcoming stay in London and it found the Regents Park Marriott with the following rate description:-

Mr A Hammond negotiated rate Deluxe room (1 king or 2 doubles)Bed & breakfast rate excluding tax
So yes, it looks like it means different things to different properties - a bit like the LPR code.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 2:14 pm

Here is the code:

STFU.

Hope that works for ya.

ps - if i see any more posts on here trying to scam the associate rate or the friends and family rate from marriott, I will report you and anyone who assists you. What you are asking is illegal, jeopardizes peoples jobs, and needs to stop. Have fun paying full price.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 2:14 pm

Here is the code:

STFU.

Hope that works for ya.

ps - if i see any more posts on here trying to scam the associate rate or the friends and family rate from marriott, I will report you and anyone who assists you. What you are asking is illegal, jeopardizes peoples jobs, and needs to stop. Have fun paying full price.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

STFU, eh? That's not very nice. Bumping up a 4+ year old thread to say that?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
This thread serves no purpose today. Say good-night.

Bruce
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:32 am

Marriott Employee Discount

I'm going on a trip next week and my roommate gave me her employee discount card that doesn't have her name on it but have the rest filled out. Would I be able to use it after booking with [proprietary code]? Thanks for any info.

Last edited by bdschobel; Nov 23, 2009 at 6:06 am Reason: removed proprietary code
Old Nov 22, 2009, 2:10 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi there,

You are not a Marriott employee. Chances are, the hotel will want to see the name printed on the card. Are you willing to put your name on the card?

In any case:

- Marriott employees are reading this board.

- Be prepared to pay rack rate when you get turned down

- Be prepared to get your friend in trouble.

The short story: if you are not entitled to something ... maybe it's not worth using it.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Nov 22, 2009, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by m3coup
I'm going on a trip next week and my roommate gave me her employee discount card that doesn't have her name on it but have the rest filled out. Would I be able to use it after booking with [proprietary code]? Thanks for any info.
wow...not only will you NOT be able to use the card your roommate can be fired for this and if it's a franchise hotel the entire franchise company can loose this benefit....this is major stuff here

Last edited by bdschobel; Nov 23, 2009 at 6:07 am Reason: removed proprietary code
Old Nov 22, 2009, 5:26 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
I believe Marriott has a friends and family rate that employees are allowed to utilize for just that. I believe a simple call in from the employee can get you the rate, that would be the better avenue to follow, for everyone involved.

No, the rate probably isn't quite as good, however you wouldn't be doing anything wrong.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:36 am

I had a friend a few years back worked for the Marriott and she was able to get me an employee rate for a couple occasions. I made the reservation with a [proprietary code], then I told her the exact date of our stay. She had to have her supervisor (?) issued a letter stating the name, the hotel and the date for my discount. The front desk asked for the letter when we checked-in.

The discount was decent, but not great, it all depends on location.

Last edited by bdschobel; Nov 23, 2009 at 6:07 am Reason: removed proprietary code
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
+1 with the others, don't ask for something you're not entitled to.

You should be able to legitimately use the Marriott Friends and Family Rate. Search for [proprietary code]. Your roommate will have to get a rate authorization form for you from her HR department. You will be asked for it when you check in.

--Jon

Last edited by bdschobel; Nov 23, 2009 at 6:08 am Reason: removed proprietary code

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.