Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
...you might want to edit your post because not everyone is entitled to that code.
Done.

Bruce
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Just send your folio to MR & they'll credit you. Also, you might want to edit your post because not everyone is entitled to that code.

Cheers.
Without the proper authorization form, the "Family and Friends" code will be useless. You can book using that code, but with no form, you will be charged the normal rate.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
just for clarity...yes Friends and Family earns night credit and points HOWEVER this rate is only to be used for PLEASURE....if it's used for business not only can the associate who obtained the rate for the user be disciplined but the hotel where the associate works can loose the benefit for all associates
Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I just recently used it twice and was told that I would not receive points at the property. In both cases, the points credited without doing anything.

Also got upgrades in both stays as being MR gold.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I have never had a problem getting the points or nights credits with the Friends and Family rate. Assuming you booked online, everything should be set in their system.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Do Family Rate Stays Qualify Towards Elite Status?

Hello,

Due to great rates available through a close relative and Marriott employee, I am considering changing brand loyalty to Marriott. Based upon my stay history with SPG, they have already agreed to status match me to Gold from day one.

My question is: Do discounted family rate stays count towards elite status?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,
habemuspapam
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
I received points and nights credit for a recent stay at a RI with a friends and family rate. Of course I received hardly any points since the rate was less than half of the normal rate but I was very happy to save the money.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes the friends and family rate does earn points/night credit however just remember this rate is to be used for "pleasure" purposes only - it is not to be used for any business related purposes at all (any violations of the Marriott SOP will be addressed with the associate who extended the benefit to you)
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I wanted to clarify that the family/friends rate does qualify for points in the normal manner. Reading the above I think it does. The stay part doesn't matter to me since I'm Lifetime Platinum, but the points definitely do!

I was in Europe for 2 weeks, part business & part pleasure.

For the pleasure part I used, courtesy of a friend who is a Marriott employee, the family & friends rate at 2 different properties. I turned over the certs at check-in.

The first property I actually had 2 reservations, one for 149Euro (the going rate that night on marriott.com), and the next 2 nights ressie at the family/friend rate of 85Euro/night. They 'combined' them so I wouldn't have to check out & I paid for the entire stay w/ a Visa. The total was 319Euro & it's already hit my credit card. Because the entire Marriott system was supposed to be down on Sunday morning - or at least at that particular property - they had us check out early. I did & remember signing an 'interim bill' which they took from me. To date I don't have a final bill or an e-folio, nor has the stay/points credited to my Marriott account, so my guess is I'm going to have to call the property in Europe & get them to do that & then hope it gets processed properly.

The 2nd property I stayed at had a family/friend rate of 125Euros, plus I spent 42.50Euros for dinner so 167.50Euros total pre-VAT. That stay has hit my Visa credit card as well, and is showing on my Marriott account. However, the base points is only showing 501 points! That doesn't make sense to me. The only thing I can think of, reading the thread above, is they processed it as associate & not family/friends & just credited me for the meal? Do you think that occurred? In which case I need to contact Marriott Rewards & get it corrected to family/friends, but wanted to ask you all first.

Adding to my no points posting joy, on the business part of the trip I had 3 separate reservations because during the trade show it's considered a 'city-wide event' & they jump the rate really high (279Euros), so for the night before the show started & the night after the show ended I had separate ressies (150Euros for before & after). They usually merge them so I don't have to do the check in/check out, and I get one bill & everything posts properly after the stay. Not this year!

This year they merged the ressies for the room (ie, I didn't have to move), but after night #1 a bill was under my door & my Mastercard was charged for 1 night (so stay # 1 if you will). Then the day of the final check-out, they had another bill under my door which showed the first night on there & paid vs just the middle (stay # 2) & included the last night as well (so combining stay # 1, #2, #3). Since the last night was the start of the Megabonus promo & it was on my dime since I stayed extra (although I didn't use the family/friends rate because it was the tail end of the business trip) & they had already done a separate bill for stay # 1, I asked them to split the final night out (#3) & paid for that one with a Visa (which has shown up on my credit card) so I'd qualify for the promo. Stay # 2 for the high rate has also shown up on my Mastercard. However, neither stay #1, stay # 2, nor stay # 3 has shown up on my Marriott account even though I've been charged for all 3 stays. I've stayed at this hotel for a # of years, always w/ the same 3 ressies, and everything has always been on one bill & posted correctly afterwards. I'm not looking forward to trying to sort this out w/ Marriott Rewards.

But back to family/friends rate, I should be receiving 10 Marriott points per $ spent, correct? (and then plat bonus). Just wanted to confirm w/ you guys before I contact Marriott Rewards on Monday.

Cheers.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I should be receiving 10 Marriott points per $ spent, correct? (and then plat bonus).
Yes.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 3:47 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I would definitely give MR a call to make sure everything gets sorted out correctly. Since it looks like you will have to give them a call for your first stay, you can just add in your second stay points posting issue.

Good luck getting all your points.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But back to family/friends rate, I should be receiving 10 Marriott points per $ spent, correct? (and then plat bonus). Just wanted to confirm w/ you guys before I contact Marriott Rewards on Monday.

Cheers.
Yes - you will earn night credit & points for friends and family stays
Old Jan 30, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, DL 1MM, Marriott Platinum Premier and Lifetime Platinum
Friends and Family Rate questions (for Horseshoe Bay Marriott near Austin)

Tried searching but didn't see any old threads pop up ...

Thinking about using a Friends and Family rate using a cert I have access to for a stay in Austin where I'm working at the Marriott Horseshoe Bay Resort. Can get a 1-bedroom suite for much less than the normal rate for a king room. I'm working during week in Austin on long-term project and normally stay at a new Courtyard in Round Rock. However, during a week in early April - my wife and 5-year old daughter might come out since it is her spring break.

I have used Friends and Family a few times in the past but it has been a while ..

1) Do you get MR points when using Friends and Family?
2) As Platinum Premier, any thoughts on whether the prop is likely to upgrade?
3) Also - any folks stayed at this property recently? Generally pretty good reviews on TripAdvisor but we're picky hotel guests overall so curious what others have to say.

Thanks ...
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by rbrewbaker
Tried searching but didn't see any old threads pop up ...

Thinking about using a Friends and Family rate using a cert I have access to for a stay in Austin where I'm working at the Marriott Horseshoe Bay Resort. Can get a 1-bedroom suite for much less than the normal rate for a king room. I'm working during week in Austin on long-term project and normally stay at a new Courtyard in Round Rock. However, during a week in early April - my wife and 5-year old daughter might come out since it is her spring break.

I have used Friends and Family a few times in the past but it has been a while ..

1) Do you get MR points when using Friends and Family?
2) As Platinum Premier, any thoughts on whether the prop is likely to upgrade?
3) Also - any folks stayed at this property recently? Generally pretty good reviews on TripAdvisor but we're picky hotel guests overall so curious what others have to say.

Thanks ...
1) Yes
2) It's possible - although I wouldn't push it at check-in if I were staying on a F&F rate
3) No idea
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:29 am

Marriott Friends and Family Question

Hello,

I have a friend who had booked several nights in a marriott hotel to go with his girlfriend with his friends and family rate (he has the authenticity form). However a last minute emergency came up and they can no longer go. intead of paying the cancellation fee, they gave us the authenticity form and my boyfriend and I are going instead. We paid my friend the amount they had paid for the hotel stay. I am wondering if there would be a problem at check-in if the name on the form isn't my boyfriend's name. When they ask us for the photo ID at check-in and we hand them a photo ID that doesn't match the name on the authenticity form...would that matter?

Thank you,
anxious about last minute rack rates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.