Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by sweetkeys
Hello,

I have a friend who had booked several nights in a marriott hotel to go with his girlfriend with his friends and family rate (he has the authenticity form). However a last minute emergency came up and they can no longer go. intead of paying the cancellation fee, they gave us the authenticity form and my boyfriend and I are going instead. We paid my friend the amount they had paid for the hotel stay. I am wondering if there would be a problem at check-in if the name on the form isn't my boyfriend's name. When they ask us for the photo ID at check-in and we hand them a photo ID that doesn't match the name on the authenticity form...would that matter?

Thank you,
anxious about last minute rack rates
your friend can always call and change the reservation to your name and provide a new form with the appropriate names. I think it would matter if the form, ID and the name on the reservations do not match.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:10 am

Has a front desk clerk ever actually looked at the photo on an ID? EVER?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
not necessarily to check the picture but to make sure the person on the reservation matches the name of the person you are checking in..oftentimes people may call and allow access to the room of a particular person and will be noted in the comments section, especially if they check in before the actual person arrives.

of course you may run into a clerk who is clueless and check you in without checking ID.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sweetkeys
Hello,

I have a friend who had booked several nights in a marriott hotel to go with his girlfriend with his friends and family rate (he has the authenticity form). However a last minute emergency came up and they can no longer go. intead of paying the cancellation fee, they gave us the authenticity form and my boyfriend and I are going instead. We paid my friend the amount they had paid for the hotel stay. I am wondering if there would be a problem at check-in if the name on the form isn't my boyfriend's name. When they ask us for the photo ID at check-in and we hand them a photo ID that doesn't match the name on the authenticity form...would that matter?

Thank you,
anxious about last minute rack rates
If the name doesn't match the rate wont be extended to you - if you know the person who obtained the form from HR ask them to obtain one in your name
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
on an associate benefit reservation...absolutely (I was told my form earlier this week was fake - it wasn't, a simple phone call resolved the situation but not having these resources will result in a rack rate)
Old May 29, 2011, 11:24 am

Reward points on Employee rate stays?

Hi there,

My significant other works for Marriott and we often stay at various marriott properties at the employee rate (and sometimes the f&f rate). Are we able to collect reward points on these stays? Would these stays also qualify for their bonuses?

I am thinking it might be worthwhile to get some stays at their cheaper properties to collect points to use at a really nice Marriott property... I wanted to get an opinion first...

Thanks in advance
Old May 29, 2011, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Can't speak for employee rates (although my guess is the answer is no, but that's only a guess). F&F rate does earn points & bonuses.

I thought employees usually got big discounts when they booked Marriott properties. I know one that has stayed at some great properties for not all that much $$. So you still might be able to stay at some swell properties for cheap.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott
Marriott Rewards Points are earned on the friends and family rate, however not on the associate pleasure rate.
Old May 31, 2011, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just an added footnote: employees of MI are not eligible to become members of MR except through MVCI, and the associate pleasure rate is NOT to be used for business purposes
Old Jul 9, 2011, 1:33 am

Marriott employee discounts?

Hey so I have a friend that works for the Marriott and we are taking a trip together. She has given me two codes because she was not sure which one was for family and friends discount and which one was here own personal employee discount. I entered them in and I get results for the family and friends but not for the employee discount, is says the dates requested are not available at a special rate. I tried to change the dates to see what the discount came to be but it kept giving the same message. Can anyone explain why her code will not work? Our destination is Waikiki if that helps at all.

Thanks for your time.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Because the rate is not available for the requested dates.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Marriott Associate rates can be as rare as rocking horse poo at many, many properties. You really do have to hunt around and play about with dates.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
If she is the employee, what can't she try calling the property?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:50 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
If she is the employee, what can't she try calling the property?
While I'm not sure that the hotel will free up space for a heavily discounted rate like the employee rate, I still like this idea. I've found that calling the hotel and just talking to a manager can sometimes work wonders.

So I agree, get your friend to call the hotel and see what might happen. ^
Old Jul 9, 2011, 9:03 am

Smile friends am family

hi, can anybody send me the friends an family code for marriott?
i was given the code by an employee of marriott, but i wrote down the wrong code. i can't get in contact with the friend right now and i have to book a hotel

thanks for your help

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.