Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 11:48 am
Patron

Originally Posted by FlyWithoutWings
The online booking code is MMF (if you're curious to see what the Friends & Family rates are), but remember that the rate will be declined if the internal paperwork isn't provided to the hotel.
A similar online booking code is MMP, Marriott Associate Pleasure Rate. This rate is only for associates, spouse, parents and children only travelling for pleasure. ID is required. Associate authorization forms are available in property's HR department.

Old Aug 22, 2004, 9:13 am

REQ Marriott fam & Friend promo code

Please post the marriott family and freinds discount code.

TIA

Geo
Old Aug 23, 2004, 11:43 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Did you ask the Marriott employee whose friend you are? You'd need their signed authorization form to stay at that rate.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 8:12 pm

Yes. We made reservations in may for an October stay with the MMp code. We needed an extra day. I found the code, but now I think our friend doesn't worh there anymore. Her e-mail was returned as not found? Now I don't know what to do. Am I screwed for the days we booked at the mmp rate?

Thanks,

Geo
Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Try calling her? After all this is for friends
Old Aug 23, 2004, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by geokin
Am I screwed for the days we booked at the mmp rate?

Thanks,

Geo

Yup!
Old Aug 24, 2004, 3:58 am

We are trying to get hold of her.

thanks

g
Old Aug 24, 2004, 6:05 am

Some friend... How could she up and quit on you like that?
Old Aug 24, 2004, 6:15 am

Please post the marriott family and freinds discount code.

TIA

Geo
MMF.

But either way MMF or MMP you would still need the same form.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The MMP code that you booked under is not the friends & family rate - it's the associate rate. You can't get that rate even if you did have the paper work because you are not eligible for that rate. The only rate you could get would be the MMF rate, but if your friend (who doesn't appear to work for Marriott anymore & you probably isn't a very close friend as you presumably haven't talked to her in a while if you didn't know that) doesn't give you the authorization form, you can't even get that rate. You can book whatever you want to book, but if you don't have the proper forms at check-in, you'll be S.O.L.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 4:36 pm

Well, looks like the paperwork is on the way.

thanks

g
Old Aug 24, 2004, 4:43 pm

Well, looks like the paperwork is on the way.

thanks

g
Even if the paperwork is on the way, associate benefits such as the family and friends rate cease when the individual is no longer employed by Marriott.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:04 am

the paperwork was signed and dated prior to her leaving. She new we were going since I booked the rooms in apr. I called the hotel and they said as log as I have the paperwork...
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:03 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
the paperwork was signed and dated prior to her leaving. She new we were going since I booked the rooms in apr. I called the hotel and they said as log as I have the paperwork...
Unfortunately, you may still be screwed--the form expires 60 days after the issue date...
Old Aug 25, 2004, 1:44 pm

The reality of this whole matter is that if this form is coming from a select service property most of them do not log these forms and pretty much hand them out to associates with out questioning who the form is for. Example being say you're cousin wants a form and that would be friends and family, but if he's decently older than he just became your father or if he's younger than per se he just became your son and then the appropriate box is checked on the form and boom you've got the rate.

Also most forms are not dated when issued and other than the GM, Suite Care Manager, or Guest Care Manager signing the form and filling in the property number and phone number on it the rest is usually left blank for the associate to fill in at a later date.

And when you go and use the form normally at a full-serivce the desk staff will usually grill it some what to make sure the form is filled out right but 99% of the time if the form is filled out right and you give the person checking you in no reason to question yourself or the form your in every time.

At select service most hotels if they even ask you for the form they will normally just look for a signature and to make sure that it's the correct color for the current year and that's about it.

The point to this being that yes there are rules with assoc. rate and friends and family that should be followed but like every other rate code they are abused daily and as long you have the form the rest is just a matter of morals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.