Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by jasko112
Hi, officially my first flyertalk post!

My girlfriend and I are planning a 3 day weekend trip to the Cosmo in a couple of weeks and were planning on booking via Virtuoso. Are we able to make two separate reservations, one in her name and the other in my name and have the hotel link the two reservations so we can get two $100 food credits, while staying in the same room? Thanks!
There was a similar discussion with respect to gaming Virtuoso benefits in a thread in the Luxury Hotels forum: Can I do A-B-A-B booking with Virtuoso?

If you're going to try it, I would personally avoid linking the two reservations.

And for me, it's not worth $100 to have to potentially check out of the first room and wait for the second room to be available for check in. I'd rather do things in Vegas.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Hey guys,

Planning bachelor party in Vegas for about 8-10 guys. I’m looking at booking the 2 BR cosmo suite since it has 3 beds. Anyone have experience in booking this and getting a connected room? It says they are available. Hoping to host up to 10 guys in this suite plus a connected room. This seems to be the only feasible option to get all the guys close together in a “suite” with an actual bed versus say those +$10k/night villas and such at other hotels. We’re also looking at Wynn but find bottles and booths plus room rates much more expensive. Have already done XS and encore multiple times and had fun at Marquee

Seems people are advising to use Virtuoso which I haven’t used before for a $100 credit? I don’t have an amex platinum anymore but may get it for this trip given how much money we’ll likely drop. Sadly I’m based in Canada and the amex platinum Canada still charges foreign transaction fees.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:53 am

10 guys sharing a room or two?! How about getting a couple of extra rooms?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by Toukolou
10 guys sharing a room or two?! How about getting a couple of extra rooms?
Lol I knew there would be this comment. 2 guys each splitting a queen or king is reasonable (at least it isn't splitting a luxury villa with only 1 king bed room with 6 guys). I'm hoping to have 2 connecting rooms with this suite with ideally 2 queens in each so that's 7 beds total. Just wondering if anyone has connected one of these suites to one of their connecting rooms and how that room is set up (king or 2 queens)
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Lol I knew there would be this comment. 2 guys each splitting a queen or king is reasonable (at least it isn't splitting a luxury villa with only 1 king bed room with 6 guys). I'm hoping to have 2 connecting rooms with this suite with ideally 2 queens in each so that's 7 beds total. Just wondering if anyone has connected one of these suites to one of their connecting rooms and how that room is set up (king or 2 queens)
If you want to share a suite they do have 3 bedroom suites that sleep 8. 2 Kings, 2 Queens, 2 Couches. The prices are significantly more expensive than what I would consider better hotel suites though.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Zoltar
If you want to share a suite they do have 3 bedroom suites that sleep 8. 2 Kings, 2 Queens, 2 Couches. The prices are significantly more expensive than what I would consider better hotel suites though.
Thanks. Wasn’t aware of the Chelsea suite. What would you consider are better hotel suites? Not locked on only Cosmo
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Thanks. Wasn’t aware of the Chelsea suite. What would you consider are better hotel suites? Not locked on only Cosmo
Encore Salon Suite
Wynn
Skylofts MGM

Last edited by Zoltar; Jan 27, 2020 at 9:40 am
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Hey guys,

Planning bachelor party in Vegas for about 8-10 guys. I’m looking at booking the 2 BR cosmo suite since it has 3 beds. Anyone have experience in booking this and getting a connected room? It says they are available. Hoping to host up to 10 guys in this suite plus a connected room. This seems to be the only feasible option to get all the guys close together in a “suite” with an actual bed versus say those +$10k/night villas and such at other hotels. We’re also looking at Wynn but find bottles and booths plus room rates much more expensive. Have already done XS and encore multiple times and had fun at Marquee

Seems people are advising to use Virtuoso which I haven’t used before for a $100 credit? I don’t have an amex platinum anymore but may get it for this trip given how much money we’ll likely drop. Sadly I’m based in Canada and the amex platinum Canada still charges foreign transaction fees.
The connecting room is just another City Room with 2 beds. They usually hold those and release the stand alone ones out first in case someone books the 2BR City Suite.

If Cosmo is a must, I actually recommend booking either a Terrace Suite or Wraparound Terrace Suite, where the connecting room is the Terrace 1 BR. Though only 2 beds, there is more than enough room for 10 guys IMO. You have the 2 large couches in the Wraparound and 1 in the Terrace Suite. I have stayed in every room up to Lanai Suite and all the couches have been more than comfortable. If the couch is not an option for some guys, there's plenty of room for cots. Also, another plus is having the large terraces in both rooms. That's the beauty and pro of staying at Cosmo. This option prob cost just slightly more than the City Suite, maybe around $100 extra per night. You get a lot more extra room, 2 large living rooms, and 3 full bathrooms vs 2 1/2 for City Suite which is essential having that many guys staying there.

Alternate options around the same price point and close by would be Vdara's 2 BR suites and maybe across the street at PH. Their 2BR Panoramic and Boulevard Suites are probably similar in price range.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:24 pm

Appreciate the insight! I’m also now debating the 3BR Chelsea penthouse with 4 Queens and 1 King set up. Being quoted about $2600/night which is actually quite reasonable for 10 folks. I guess what sucks is that none of them have a fountain view.

Originally Posted by easy_money
The connecting room is just another City Room with 2 beds. They usually hold those and release the stand alone ones out first in case someone books the 2BR City Suite.

If Cosmo is a must, I actually recommend booking either a Terrace Suite or Wraparound Terrace Suite, where the connecting room is the Terrace 1 BR. Though only 2 beds, there is more than enough room for 10 guys IMO. You have the 2 large couches in the Wraparound and 1 in the Terrace Suite. I have stayed in every room up to Lanai Suite and all the couches have been more than comfortable. If the couch is not an option for some guys, there's plenty of room for cots. Also, another plus is having the large terraces in both rooms. That's the beauty and pro of staying at Cosmo. This option prob cost just slightly more than the City Suite, maybe around $100 extra per night. You get a lot more extra room, 2 large living rooms, and 3 full bathrooms vs 2 1/2 for City Suite which is essential having that many guys staying there.

Alternate options around the same price point and close by would be Vdara's 2 BR suites and maybe across the street at PH. Their 2BR Panoramic and Boulevard Suites are probably similar in price range.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Appreciate the insight! I’m also now debating the 3BR Chelsea penthouse with 4 Queens and 1 King set up. Being quoted about $2600/night which is actually quite reasonable for 10 folks. I guess what sucks is that none of them have a fountain view.
That's awesome and nice to hear. $2600 sounds about right. If you're willing to fork out that to that much per night then there are many other options for that price point.

As a caveat and some advice relating to the high end suites like the Chelsea Penthouse, be advised that you can be bumped out of it anytime, higher chance during major holidays and events. Doesn't happen often, but it leaves a very unpleasant and crappy experience when it does. Reason is, those rooms are usually reserved for the high rollers. They're usually empty, until one of them decides to come at the very last minute and or hints at coming and the hosts will block it off. It's easier to shake off a paying customer then to upset a high roller that may bring in a minimum $500K bankroll that they would like a piece of. Belay my last if you're aware of this already. Just wanted to provide an FYI, since it happens more often in Vegas than anywhere else. Especially at the Cosmo where I believe there is only 3-5 of the Chelsea Penthouses.

If you do end up staying in the Chelsea Penthouse, it's an awesome suite. It is kind of upsetting though that not all of them have fountain views. I believe there's at least 2 with fountain views. There's one on the 70th Floor, Boulevard tower,and one other one in Chelsea tower. Cant recall which floor though.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:40 am

Recently booked this property through Virtuoso. I received a Virtuoso booking, but not a Marriott booking number. My Virtuoso agent was told by the property basically that, since I was booked direct on the Cosmopolitan system that the reservations will not show up in my Marriott account, but that I will receive Marriott benefits, points for stay, etc. Has anyone experienced this? I don't like not having a Marriott confirmation #. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Recently booked this property through Virtuoso. I received a Virtuoso booking, but not a Marriott booking number. My Virtuoso agent was told by the property basically that, since I was booked direct on the Cosmopolitan system that the reservations will not show up in my Marriott account, but that I will receive Marriott benefits, points for stay, etc. Has anyone experienced this? I don't like not having a Marriott confirmation #. Doesn't make sense to me.
Did you add your Marriott membership number to the booking? If so it should show up.

Why did you book it under Virtuoso instead of Marriott’s own STARS/ LUMINOUS program? The latter would have definitely shown up in your Marriott count with almost identical benefits.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Did you add your Marriott membership number to the booking? If so it should show up.

Why did you book it under Virtuoso instead of Marriott’s own STARS/ LUMINOUS program? The latter would have definitely shown up in your Marriott count with almost identical benefits.
Yes the Marriott membership number is attached to the booking, and I have a confirmation number from the hotel with their internal system which is different from the Bonvoy system (i'm guessing this is why so many people have issues with this property crediting correctly).

Booked through Virtuoso because the rate was drastically better when you add all the Virtuoso benefits for the property as is recommended in this thread.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Yes the Marriott membership number is attached to the booking, and I have a confirmation number from the hotel with their internal system which is different from the Bonvoy system (i'm guessing this is why so many people have issues with this property crediting correctly).

Booked through Virtuoso because the rate was drastically better when you add all the Virtuoso benefits for the property as is recommended in this thread.
Did you check the L72 rate though? (Eg using code L72 and see the benefits and rate. Typically identical as Virtuoso. But must book thru a STAR- authorizes TA)

I booked thru Virtuoso first then checked L72, realizing it’s the same and L72 being Marriotts own program, probably higher upgrade priority).
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
My Virtuoso agent was told by the property basically that, since I was booked direct on the Cosmopolitan system that the reservations will not show up in my Marriott account, but that I will receive Marriott benefits, points for stay, etc. Has anyone experienced this? I don't like not having a Marriott confirmation #. Doesn't make sense to me.
The conference I go to at the Cosmopolitan has a similar funky process.

I have to register through the conference portal directly with the hotel. I manually add the Bonvoy number via email with customer service at the Cosmopolitan.

The reservation doesn't appear when I login to my Bonvoy account. And I've never had a problem when checking in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.