Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:36 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
I usually bring $20k per deposit 2-3 times a week. I am currently doing well over 100K per month and not ashamed of anything. If you have the credit lines to place orders and a place to dump the coins then go for the max.

Was thinking of writing an article for the Wall Street Journal, but I want a few hundred thousand more in my SGP account first.

Edited by Aviators99. Removed deleted quote. Removed discussion of what will and will not shut this down

Last edited by aviators99; Sep 23, 2009 at 10:39 am
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:00 am

I am getting charged $4.95 S&H per order. Is there still a way to get free shipping on the $1 coins?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pedog
I am getting charged $4.95 S&H per order. Is there still a way to get free shipping on the $1 coins?
Click through. It goes to no charge later on.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by bobsakamoto
my last shipment was 4 boxes short. The packing slips were all screwed up and equaled more boxes than I ordered. The weight on the UPS boxes was accurate to the number of coin boxes in the shipment, but not accurate to the number listed on the invoice.

I read other posts about shipments being 1 or 2 boxes short, but has anyone had to deal with 4? the CSR at the mint said that my certificate of non-receipt would go to "headquarters" because the amount was so big. Any advice on getting this taken care of?

Thanks
I had no problem when I was shorted by $2,500. I called the CSR, they told me where to ship them and I was refunded within a couple of weeks.

Mike
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrpickles

I usually bring $20k per deposit 2-3 times a week. I am currently doing well over 100K per month and not ashamed of anything. If you have the credit lines to place orders and a place to dump the coins then go for the max.

Was thinking of writing an article for the Wall Street Journal, but I want a few hundred thousand more in my SGP account first.
Let me understand You, you simply go in with 20k and give it to the teller that says 'Next in line'

or is it you have a special deal with the mgr?

so time to get down off your high horse if you have an arrangement worked out!

MrPickles quote edited by Aviators99, to remove discussion of what will and will not shut this down

Last edited by aviators99; Sep 23, 2009 at 10:39 am
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
I actually think doing it slowly increases the bank's cost. I was specifically told by a citibank branch to bring in everything I have because they'd rather not ship it each time.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:16 am

If you were doing $20k 2-3 times a week you'd be doing $160-240k a month, not 100k. Also, how are you getting orders so often? Takes about 10 days after you order to get the coins. I might believe you could have done this a few months ago.

Edited by Aviators99, to remove partial quote from MrPickles

Last edited by aviators99; Sep 23, 2009 at 10:40 am
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:23 am

Does the US Mint have any plans of increasing the circulation of $500 or possibly a $1000 bill?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
Let me understand You, you simply go in with 20k and give it to the teller that says 'Next in line'

or is it you have a special deal with the mgr?

so time to get down off your high horse if you have an arrangement worked out!
mrpickles obviously has a special deal with the managers (note the "s") if you have seen his pix of the Range Rover and the boxes stacked up at the bank, as well as the sailing boat of his that he uses it for taking "friends" out for a nice outing on weekends.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:09 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs
Does the US Mint have any plans of increasing the circulation of $500 or possibly a $1000 bill?
What's your logic behind this? I can't answer your question, though.

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
If you were doing $20k 2-3 times a week you'd be doing $160-240k a month, not 100k. Also, how are you getting orders so often? Takes about 10 days after you order to get the coins. I might believe you could have done this a few months ago.
mrpickles said he's doing "well over 100k/month", so that could be a huge range. I'd definitely say 240k is "well over 100k". And just because it takes up to 2 weeks (or more) to get your coins, doesn't mean that you can't have millions in outstanding orders. You don't have to wait until one order is shipped/received/deposited/card paid as long as you have the credit line(s) to support it.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:30 am

On-topic for this thread should be about the process of buying, depositing/dumping of coins, bank issues, ordering/shipping issues, etc.

Attacking of people because of their volume will be disallowed. Discussing your feeling on whether or not you care if this goes away will be disallowed (until after it goes away). Suggestion of illegal activity will be disallowed (including structuring). All of this stuff has been hashed out, and leads to unpleasantness. These posts (or partial posts) will be deleted.

Aviators99
MilesBuzz!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
On-topic for this thread should be about the process of buying, depositing/dumping of coins, bank issues, ordering/shipping issues, etc.

Attacking of people because of their volume will be disallowed. Discussing your feeling on whether or not you care if this goes away will be disallowed (until after it goes away). Suggestion of illegal activity will be disallowed (including structuring). All of this stuff has been hashed out, and leads to unpleasantness. These posts (or partial posts) will be deleted.

Aviators99
MilesBuzz!
How bout bragging about volume? I guess that's OK.

Expressing concerns about structuring is very important regarding this activity and there's no reason why it shouldn't be discussed.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs
If it's the US Mint they'd have to be $500 and $1000 coins!

Would save us a lot of lugging though.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was thinking of writing an article for the Wall Street Journal, ....
Please don't, as that would definitely be a fast track to shutting down this program. I congratulate on your personal success, but there are many of us just doing $500, $1000, whatever, due to various constraints and reasons, and we need this program to go as long as possible.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
One more option for dumping coins: At a Do yesterday, one of that attendees scooped up all our cash and paid the bill with a roll of dollar coins.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.