Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 5:41 pm

Smile

i came into this very late. first order sept 2- $5000.00 recd in 2 shipments. Bank has been good about accepting. Received another 2500 coins today- took it to a different bank- I had warned them- they were expecting me- counted the rolls and gave me the deposit slip stamped for $2500.00. tomorrow I will be receiving another $2500.00 i will take this to the credit union.( i belong to 2) lets see how they react. Will keep you posted. I would like to get about $20000 a month. Is that too high or too low? any comments will be appreciated
Old Sep 22, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by aviators99
I don't get it. What is scary about that? They already have their money.
They do have the money. However, what if you dispute the charge? They would put the money back in your account and they would be left "holding the bag" until is was proven that you received the coins - and by then you could have used the money for some other charge.

Bottom line is that the bank still has a risk even if you have prepaid.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by deant
They do have the money. However, what if you dispute the charge? They would put the money back in your account and they would be left "holding the bag" until is was proven that you received the coins - and by then you could have used the money for some other charge.

Bottom line is that the bank still has a risk even if you have prepaid.
Since the prepaid amount is above and beyond your normal credit limit, if you dispute the charge, it *should* not be added back to your available credit. It would be surprising if it is.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by chimmy826
I'm aware of that post upthread. I was speaking more about the wording of her "I heard a rumor..." post. Where does one go about hearing "rumors" that credit cards are being closed due to coin purchases? Are these typical things that people talk about in rumor-type fashion?
not that it's any of your business or any importance where I heard it, but to satisfy your curiousity, it was here on FT thru a PM and it was regarding this gig with the coins.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by eager to learn
I would like to get about $20000 a month. Is that too high or too low? any comments will be appreciated
I've been doing a similar amount without any problems. I started out with smaller purchases then increased and holding steady.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:04 pm

How many points have you got so far?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by eager to learn
How many points have you got so far?
exact amount I don't know but I can safely say I'm earning enough for one free roundtrip domestic ticket on my airline, every month. ka-ching.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:42 pm

I checked the Canadian mint a couple of weeks ago, and unfortunately found no such face value + free shipping program.

Originally Posted by frank664
Is there anything like this in Canada?

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:18 pm

Remember, some banks has started charging for coin redemption. They do not want to pay the fees to send the coins back to the Fed.

AT $20K per month, you will push the banks to that point rapidly and ruin it for everyone else.

Just my opinion.
Ruin it for everyone else? LOL. Its gonna end when it ends. Understand that you are powerless to control it and then it will work out better for you. Try not to worry about others are doing and focus on how you can maximize this deal before it goes away like every other deal eventually does.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:19 pm

Thanks
We do have some nice debt to sell you.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:30 pm

shorted..

my last shipment was 4 boxes short. The packing slips were all screwed up and equaled more boxes than I ordered. The weight on the UPS boxes was accurate to the number of coin boxes in the shipment, but not accurate to the number listed on the invoice.

I read other posts about shipments being 1 or 2 boxes short, but has anyone had to deal with 4? the CSR at the mint said that my certificate of non-receipt would go to "headquarters" because the amount was so big. Any advice on getting this taken care of?

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Remember, some banks has started charging for coin redemption. They do not want to pay the fees to send the coins back to the Fed.

AT $20K per month, you will push the banks to that point rapidly and ruin it for everyone else.

Just my opinion.
I'm doing well over the 20k/month. However, I spread it over a few banks and MANY branches. It's rare that I take more than 2.5k to any bank in a 7-10 day span.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I'm doing well over the 20k/month. However, I spread it over a few banks and MANY branches. It's rare that I take more than 2.5k to any bank in a 7-10 day span.
Ditto, plus chocolates
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Nelumbo
I checked the Canadian mint a couple of weeks ago, and unfortunately found no such face value + free shipping program.
Canada already has rather successful $1 and $2 coins. That success comes largely because, unlike the USA, Canada no longer has $1 and $2 bills.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Yes....health insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.