Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:26 am

You could sell them on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-D-JAMES-K-P...d=p4999.c0.m14

Amazing.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Originally Posted by lili
With dollar coins the new currency, things are priced by weight:
I seem to recall some other country already uses the "pound" as a currency.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: RVT 1K
Originally Posted by Comicwoman
After eBay and PP fee's and paying to ship that is a money loser!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by RS250Racer
Could be trying to raise his feedback rating.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
Not to mention a lot of works for little to no gain.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by joefiro
Not to mention a lot of works for little to no gain.
wow, people are dumb. so they are paying $31 for a roll of $25 in coins. hmm...you can get it for no surcharge from the mint, can probably get it from a bank, etc etc.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:35 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by aauaflier
wow, people are dumb. so they are paying $31 for a roll of $25 in coins. hmm...you can get it for no surcharge from the mint, can probably get it from a bank, etc etc.
Although he is selling the direct ship coins which we have been buying, he's caling them uncirculated. The Mint sells rolls of uncirculated coins for $35 plus shipping. The wrappers are slightly different.

I do agree he's not likely to get rich on this scheme.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 5:08 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by aauaflier
Well, they are Polk, which aren't available from The Mint for $25. Also, judging by the reaction I get at my banks, I don't think they have rolls of many/any of these for distribution, so ebay might be the best way to get a roll of 'em.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Well, they are Polk, which aren't available from The Mint for $25. Also, judging by the reaction I get at my banks, I don't think they have rolls of many/any of these for distribution, so ebay might be the best way to get a roll of 'em.
Just imagine the multiple $975 or $4975 deposit at the bank because one roll was sold on eBay.

Last edited by joefiro; Sep 20, 2009 at 8:25 pm
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
I have noticed that some people have had issues with being shorted on their shipments.

However, I have just the opposite problem. I ordered 3 boxes of coins and received 4 boxes. I have told the Mint that rather than going through the hassle of returning one box I would just buy it.

Right now the Mint is having a problem trying to figure out how to charge me and not ship another box.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by deant
I have noticed that some people have had issues with being shorted on their shipments.

However, I have just the opposite problem. I ordered 3 boxes of coins and received 4 boxes. I have told the Mint that rather than going through the hassle of returning one box I would just buy it.

Right now the Mint is having a problem trying to figure out how to charge me and not ship another box.
Sometimes the mint never ceases to amaze me.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:30 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by mdupreejr
Sometimes the mint never ceases to amaze me.
yes i know what you mean... so i was shorted a box which i got a refund for and was posted on my CC then 2 days later, the mint decides to ship the missing box and charge me for that box thus balancing out the refund. why can't they just get it straight?? backwards forwards backwards lol.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:30 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Just opened an account at a branch in the tiny town where I work - pop. about 9,000 (but it's a national bank)

I tolld them my plans to bring in coins once or twice a month (10,000 per trip) and that's how I would be making deposits for this account.

They said it was O.K. At first they said they would have to run them thru the coin counter but when they saw the boxes were sealed, they just went with keeping them in their original condition.

We shall see how long this lasts. I'd better buy several boxes of "happy chocolate" to show my appreciation.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Wirelessly posted (XYZZYfone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by pkerr
Just opened an account at a branch in the tiny town where I work - pop. about 9,000 (but it's a national bank)

I tolld them my plans to bring in coins once or twice a month (10,000 per trip) and that's how I would be making deposits for this account.

They said it was O.K. At first they said they would have to run them thru the coin counter but when they saw the boxes were sealed, they just went with keeping them in their original condition.

We shall see how long this lasts. I'd better buy several boxes of "happy chocolate" to show my appreciation.
It will last until they get their first big bill from the armored car company.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Wirelessly posted (XYZZYfone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

It will last until they get their first big bill from the armored car company.
We shall see... we shall see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.