Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:53 pm

question about canceled credit cards

I heard a rumor but have not seen anything posted in this thread about it, but maybe I missed it with all the pages.

Has anyone had any credit card canceled by theircredit card company because they've been buying the coins?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
I heard a rumor but have not seen anything posted in this thread about it, but maybe I missed it with all the pages.

Has anyone had any credit card canceled by theircredit card company because they've been buying the coins?
I can't help but wonder where one hears such rumors.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

AMEX will send you to Financial Review depending on the volume you are purchasing; they tried to do it to me and I would not comply, so I closed the card out.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by chimmy826
I can't help but wonder where one hears such rumors.
upthread...

That OP had an AMEX financial review initiated... there probably were mitigating factors as well.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham
upthread...

That OP had an AMEX financial review initiated... there probably were mitigating factors as well.
I'm aware of that post upthread. I was speaking more about the wording of her "I heard a rumor..." post. Where does one go about hearing "rumors" that credit cards are being closed due to coin purchases? Are these typical things that people talk about in rumor-type fashion?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
I placed an order for 5k on 15th and since last 6 days the estimated ship date keeps increasing by a day every day. It used to show ship date of 9/29 and Now it is 10/6. Cannot wait to get some
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by kshahk
I placed an order for 5k on 15th and since last 6 days the estimated ship date keeps increasing by a day every day. It used to show ship date of 9/29 and Now it is 10/6. Cannot wait to get some
Get used to it, those shipping days move around a bit!

Mike
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
I went to my bank today to deposit 2k. They started using scare tactics and told me they are going to report me!

I have only deposited about 6k so far. Any ideas, if this was just a gimmic or can I get into trouble?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:51 am
Suspended

I went to my bank today to deposit 2k. They started using scare tactics and told me they are going to report me!

I have only deposited about 6k so far. Any ideas, if this was just a gimmic or can I get into trouble?
Well if you stole the Coins or do alot of shaddy transactions with your accts then you have something to be Worried about. Other then that just tell them as I do, 'Go Right Ahead'.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Ask them if it's going to go onto your, "Permanent record."
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:25 am
Original Member

Report you to who? The U.S. Government, via the banking system?

It is an instrumentality of the U.S. Government that has asked us to purchase these coins. Here is a useful link (from the government) to print out:

http://www.usedollarcoins.gov/

It is a published fact that the Mint started this program because the banking system did not buy a sufficient number of dollar coins to achieve the long-term cost reduction that a conversion from dollar bills to dollar coins will achieve. There is nothing wrong with the citizenry helping to achieve this desired result.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:31 am

So you're saying we're patriots?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:40 am
Original Member

Sure we are patriots, trying to save the government some money.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:11 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Just got my MVB's. Now the question becomes should I save more than 2 rolls for distribution, or give them to the bank and please them. Decisions, decisions
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
.....Has anyone had any credit card canceled by theircredit card company because they've been buying the coins?
Not me. However, I had two cards shut down because I made an agressive pre-pay to boost churning. That one is still ongoing.

I just got too greedy and creative for my own good. A new thread idea: "How I trashed my credit with the US dollar coin".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.