Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:40 am
ET

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, SPG
I guess people have had problems with non-shipment or partial shipment of coins, but I'm worried. UPS just delivered a box to me today, and I signed for the box. However, it should have been 2 UPS boxes, so I am 1 UPS box (10 coin boxes) short. On the mint's website, there is only 1 tracking number for my entire coin order, and this order is now "delivered with signature confirmation" from UPS. Should there be only 1 tracking number per physical box, or 1 tracking number per order (even if there are multiple delivery boxes)? The mint's CSR told me to wait another day or so to see if the 2nd box shows up, but since the tracking number shows as "delivered", I highly doubt it. I'm not sure what to do at this point, I'm just hoping the box will be delivered... that'd be a pretty good scam from UPS, and lot of $$ that I'm out if everyone claims I got all the coins since I signed for it
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ET
I guess people have had problems with non-shipment or partial shipment of coins, but I'm worried. UPS just delivered a box to me today, and I signed for the box. However, it should have been 2 UPS boxes, so I am 1 UPS box (10 coin boxes) short. On the mint's website, there is only 1 tracking number for my entire coin order, and this order is now "delivered with signature confirmation" from UPS. Should there be only 1 tracking number per physical box, or 1 tracking number per order (even if there are multiple delivery boxes)? The mint's CSR told me to wait another day or so to see if the 2nd box shows up, but since the tracking number shows as "delivered", I highly doubt it. I'm not sure what to do at this point, I'm just hoping the box will be delivered... that'd be a pretty good scam from UPS, and lot of $$ that I'm out if everyone claims I got all the coins since I signed for it
This has been discussed at least 2 doz times upthread.

If you have 2 boxes shipped - under one of the tracking number (the one supplied by the Mint), would show PACKAGE DETAILS or something like that. It will tell you whether it is 1 package or 2 packages shipped. Click on that you will see details of EACH package.

Mint has only 1 tracking number, but on UPS site, you will find the 2nd one if indeed 2 packages are shipped. They do NOT necessarily arrive at the same time, as being reported many times upthread - some people got their 2nd box in a couple days.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by chimmy826
Expressing concerns about structuring is very important regarding this activity and there's no reason why it shouldn't be discussed.
No problem with that. I said "suggestions" of structuring, meaning encouraging people to do it.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:39 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by mikeef
One more option for dumping coins: At a Do yesterday, one of that attendees scooped up all our cash and paid the bill with a roll of dollar coins.

Mike
Didn't the place take points-earning credit cards?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Anyone else waiting on an order that's approaching three weeks or longer? I placed a small order (1k) for NA's on 9/4. While the order staus still says "on hold, " the coins have been "in stock and reserved" for at least a week and a half. I guess I don't understand why more recent orders from others in this thread have already been fulfilled while mine's still hanging out there.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by ukguy78
Anyone else waiting on an order that's approaching three weeks or longer? I placed a small order (1k) for NA's on 9/4. While the order staus still says "on hold, " the coins have been "in stock and reserved" for at least a week and a half. I guess I don't understand why more recent orders from others in this thread have already been fulfilled while mine's still hanging out there.
Something's wrong. I would call the mint. I've placed 10 orders between 9/4 and 9/12 all which have been delivered. My only orders on hold are ones made between 9/16 and 9/23.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA, CO, US, UA, MX , DL - dirt everywhere
Angry Constant backorder?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about NA coins back in stock...I remember when this situation started (late July) and it just seems to me that for the past 2 months they have been out of stock more often than not. I am sure everyone can see the "will be available for shipping" date pushed back every morning.

My issue is I do not have a lot of available credit right now. I cannot have thousands and thousands in credit lines tied up in mint authorizations. I have to do small orders, and frequently.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Something's wrong. I would call the mint. I've placed 10 orders between 9/4 and 9/12 all which have been delivered. My only orders on hold are ones made between 9/16 and 9/23.
I finally canceled by order for NAs that I placed on 9/16. The projected shipment had been slipping day for day and have no real idea when the NAs would ship. Replaced the NA order with a new order for Presidents and it is already saying "In Process". Should have them long before I would have had the NAs.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:38 pm

Question

Originally Posted by deant
Replaced the NA order with a new order for Presidents and it is already saying "In Process". Should have them long before I would have had the NAs.
Is this a repeat order? Can you get more Presidents over the 2 box limit?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by tbird2000
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about NA coins back in stock...I remember when this situation started (late July) and it just seems to me that for the past 2 months they have been out of stock more often than not. I am sure everyone can see the "will be available for shipping" date pushed back every morning.

My issue is I do not have a lot of available credit right now. I cannot have thousands and thousands in credit lines tied up in mint authorizations. I have to do small orders, and frequently.
Didn't the Mint say over a week ago that any coins purchased after 9/20 would be shipped after 10/1 due to their current inventory process underway? So it's not a surprise to me that their site keeps pushing back the ship day one day at a time. They'll have a lot to catch up on once October 1st hits.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
Please don't, as that would definitely be a fast track to shutting down this program. I congratulate on your personal success, but there are many of us just doing $500, $1000, whatever, due to various constraints and reasons, and we need this program to go as long as possible.

NOT gonna do it, was just thinking about it.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:57 pm

Didn't the Mint say over a week ago that any coins purchased after 9/20 would be shipped after 10/1 due to their current inventory process underway? So it's not a surprise to me that their site keeps pushing back the ship day one day at a time. They'll have a lot to catch up on once October 1st hits.
That is true, but they have had issues since the scary late July announcement of "product not available", way before this inventory count....
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Let me understand You, you simply go in with 20k and give it to the teller that says 'Next in line'

or is it you have a special deal with the mgr?

so time to get down off your high horse if you have an arrangement worked out!

MrPickles quote edited by Aviators99, to remove discussion of what will and will not shut this down
There are four Chase branches near me, each are former WAMU banks. I have met with each of the operations managers and have the schedules of when the armoured trucks make pick-ups (days, not actual times). I only go in when I have called in advance the brach and spoken to the vault teller (operations manager). They take the whole transaction so I don't have to deal with the tellers.

Last edited by aviators99; Sep 24, 2009 at 9:24 am Reason: Edited out an off-topic sentence
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
If you were doing $20k 2-3 times a week you'd be doing $160-240k a month, not 100k. Also, how are you getting orders so often? Takes about 10 days after you order to get the coins. I might believe you could have done this a few months ago.

Edited by Aviators99, to remove partial quote from MrPickles
I said well over $100K! Isn't $160-$200K well over $100K?????

Did not want to be accused of bragging.

Orders are easy when you have 3 AA mastercards, 3 Starwood Amex, 4 Chase UAL, all with >$30k limits and two >$55K limits. If you stage the orders you can have them rolling in every few days.

I am not placing an order, then waiting 10 days and using the cash to pay off the card.

I place the order, then place another, and another, etc. As soon as it arrives, I check the card online and when the sales post to the card I either make an online payment transfer to the cc or write a check at the branch to pay off the purchase with "cleared funds". I use other cash to fund my checking accounts, and use the coins to replenish the cash as it is transfered to the credit cards.

This keeps the cards having available credit so I can order more. I keep between 60K and 100k of clear cash in the checking account to speed up the payments.

All of my credit cards have zero balances and I understand that this is not the situation for most people.

Last edited by mrpickles; Sep 23, 2009 at 2:24 pm
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by lili
Didn't the place take points-earning credit cards?
Yeah, but he's actually trying to get the coins into circulation. The nerve!

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.