Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:04 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by superflyer99
Seriously, this project if for retired people. Banks are only open until 6am on Fridays, and few branches are open on Saturdays... It's getting harder and harder combining a job and unloading coins.... somethings' got to give
Don't you have any branches inside of grocery stores or Wal Mart? Those are typically open 'til 7 or 8 on week days, 5 on Saturdays and 3 or later on Sundays. And all of my Chase branches are open 'til 6PM Mon-Fri and 3PM on Saturday. Or can you go on lunch break?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Seriously, this project if for retired people. Banks are only open until 6am on Fridays, and few branches are open on Saturdays... It's getting harder and harder combining a job and unloading coins.... somethings' got to give
Don't forget the unemployed. There's a lot of us out there in this economy.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Don't you have any branches inside of grocery stores or Wal Mart? Those are typically open 'til 7 or 8 on week days, 5 on Saturdays and 3 or later on Sundays. And all of my Chase branches are open 'til 6PM Mon-Fri and 3PM on Saturday. Or can you go on lunch break?
I would not suggest using a grocery store or Wal Mart branch. They do not have the storage facilities for the coins. I suspect they will say no rapidly if you take in big boxes of coins.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Happened to me last weekend. Teller asked me, "weren't you here with coins yesterday?" ..., somebody is hitting my banks?? I replied, I wish.
If they close at 6 in the morning what time do they open? I'd imagine it's quite hard to make a deposit!
Old Sep 26, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA, CO, US, UA, MX , DL - dirt everywhere
Unhappy Constant backorder?

I was just wondering if anyone had actually asked the Mint what the deal is... the NAs have been on almost constant backorder for at least 60 days now.

I cannot imagine that the people on this forum have cleaned them out to such an extent...
Old Sep 26, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Originally Posted by tbird2000
I was just wondering if anyone had actually asked the Mint what the deal is... the NAs have been on almost constant backorder for at least 60 days now.
The backorder notice is somewhat misleading. I placed an order for NA's and it shipped well prior to the backorder date posted. The backorder notice remained up yet orders are shipping. I think they put the BO notice to let people know that their order is likely not to ship immediately but, based on my experience, they often still are shipping.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA, USAir
Drive-thru teller?

Just was wondering how many of you live out in the burbs or small towns and use a drive-through teller to deposit their coins?

I used to take them into the branch, but became lazy, so decided to start driving up to commercial teller windows and send in 2 or 3 boxes (of $500) through the drawer.

For me, this is working like a charm - it only ties up a few minutes and off I go with the receipt

I have several different banks in town that are all accepting. Apparently, nobody else in my town is doing this
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum
I didnt have enough money to pay tuition, so I ordered a bunch of coins and payed with them... the cashier was laughing.. ha ha ha....
Old Sep 27, 2009, 1:48 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, WN A-List
Talking

Originally Posted by jimbaum
Just was wondering how many of you live out in the burbs or small towns and use a drive-through teller to deposit their coins?

I used to take them into the branch, but became lazy, so decided to start driving up to commercial teller windows and send in 2 or 3 boxes (of $500) through the drawer.

For me, this is working like a charm - it only ties up a few minutes and off I go with the receipt

I have several different banks in town that are all accepting. Apparently, nobody else in my town is doing this
I just do this, it is so much more fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNl_6LLXMko&fmt=18
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Originally Posted by wshadow
I didnt have enough money to pay tuition, so I ordered a bunch of coins and payed with them... the cashier was laughing.. ha ha ha....
Dude! Only the shipping is free.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:32 am

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by jimbaum
Just moved to PNS and went to three banks. None of them had ever seen someone depositing coins in that quantity, I guess we are still in the overwhelming majority. One bank wanted me to open a commercial account (with the associated fees), so I had to take my business elsewhere.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
if my math is right... the minute my coins come I make 1mil lifetime miles on AA!
Old Sep 27, 2009, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
if my math is right... the minute my coins come I make 1mil lifetime miles on AA!
@:-) I could do that too ... with 4,000 boxes
Old Sep 27, 2009, 1:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by xyzzy
@:-) I could do that too ... with 4,000 boxes
You do realize that's 10 tons of coins?
Old Sep 27, 2009, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Questions I was Asked at the Bank Last Week

Are you buying these to pay your credit card bill?

No.

OK, just verifying. How many do you have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.