Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Whoa, both my pending orders moved from 10/7 ship to 10/13 ship.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
it's taking a long time now.. it hasnt taken this long since my first order way back in april.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, AA, SPG
Guest Purchases?

Frequent Coiners,

I am (relatively) new to the coin purchases and have already purchased the $500/president using my SPG AMEX. I have tried to do more purchases using the "guest" feature to skirt the imposed limits, but they keep being tacked onto my exisitng US Mint account. Is this a problem? Is there a way around this? Is there any danger of these orders being outright canceled?

Thanks for any advice, and this is my first post!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
I got my AA 2MM mostly from activity OTHER than actually flying. Everything from C.C. purchases (read coins), to purchasing stuff through AA's WEB site, C.C. churning (25,000 miles for each "churn"), 2,500 miles for multiple Netflix signups (loophole now closed), converting Starwood pts to AA miles and on and on. There are plenty of ways to go about getting there.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by rc408
The Backorder date is gone from the website for the NA's. My shippment now says In Stock and Reserved. What's weird is I received an email from them this morning pushing the expected ship date from 10/8/09 to 10/9/09.
I saw that the back order date was gone (and still gone), and place a small order. Not to home, but, to my in laws place as I'll be there for a couple of weeks. Now I see once the order is place, the delivery date is bumped up to 10/7

Originally Posted by channa
I seriously hope they don't bump my order back any more, otherwise I'll just have to cancel it as I won't even be at my in-laws place any more.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mrbrave
Frequent Coiners,

I am (relatively) new to the coin purchases and have already purchased the $500/president using my SPG AMEX. I have tried to do more purchases using the "guest" feature to skirt the imposed limits, but they keep being tacked onto my exisitng US Mint account. Is this a problem? Is there a way around this? Is there any danger of these orders being outright canceled?

Your president coins will eventually get cancelled. Just order the NA's and you won't have a re-order issue.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by channa
Mine do to now. Delivery went from 10/8 to 10/9 to available to 10/13 all in about 6 hours.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 3:12 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Frequent Coiners,

Welcome to FT, mrbrave Probably a better strategy than to try to order more presidential dollar coins than the Mint allows is to order the Native American dollar coins, which currently have no limit.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:09 pm

Frequent Coiners,

Originally Posted by pkerr
Your president coins will eventually get cancelled. Just order the NA's and you won't have a re-order issue.
Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie
Welcome to FT, mrbrave Probably a better strategy than to try to order more presidential dollar coins than the Mint allows is to order the Native American dollar coins, which currently have no limit.
You guys are truly gentlemen. I personally think that this guys question should have been ignored, considering that he could have found his answers within 3 minutes had he read the first page of this thread, any of the last 100+ pages of this thread, or even the FAQ 'sticky' at the top of this forum. If the guy isn't interested in that simple effort, I fail to see how he will enjoy the real effort of carrying the couple hundred pounds (give or take) of coins to his local bank and further getting them to accept the coins without issue.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 5:51 pm

I read the FAQ and have monitored this thread carefully. I attempted to sign in as a guest, but the coins automatically were routed to my account, most likely because of the same email address. I posted a question that, in my opinion, is different than the ones listed on the sticky. Sorry for asking a "redundant" question. Thanks for making me feel welcome in the community, though. I really appreciate it.
What was your goal then? To collect a whole bunch of presidential coins to put into your personal vault, or just in general churn for miles/points/cashback/rewards/etc?

If the later, then, clearly you asked a very redundant question. If the first, then it's still a redundant question as getting duplicate president orders has in fact been discussed quite often as well.

And... back to the point of if the goal is to earn cashback/reward/etc, how was it not answered in any of these (spent 3 minutes searching)

Originally Posted by anthonyanthony
UPDATE AUG 11, 08: Multiple coins are available for order today:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...category=16238

UPDATE JAN 2, 09: $1 Native American coin now available, can order through same link above.

JUN 17, 09: Flyertalker crabbing has created a "Dollar Coin Direct Ship F.A.Q." in post #2433 of this thread that may answer some questions you may have. The FAQ has been sticked in Milesbuzz and has more recent updates.

___ Original post ___

Buy Presidential $1 Coins with your rewards credit card from the US Mint at Face Value, and get free shipping.

Has this already been discussed?

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...egory_rn=16238

When placing an order, the pull-down shipping option may list a standard shipping price of $4.95. When you continue to the next screen, you should see the shipping amount change to "Shipping and Handling $0.00" on the order summary/review screen before you submit your order.
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
The presidents are limited to 2 boxes @ 250 each per address. The Native Americans are limited to 99 boxes/order (at least online), unlimited orders. As long as your credit card(s) will support it, you can get a boat load of 'em.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...can-coins.html

Or better yet, right on the mints website itself:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...egory_rn=27238

Originally Posted by usmint native link

To encourage robust national circulation of $1 Coins (non-numismatic, circulation-grade coins), the United States Mint has introduced the Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Program. This program makes it easy for retailers, financial institutions, and other interested parties to obtain smaller quantities of $1 coins than can otherwise be obtained from the Federal Reserve.

The $1 coins, wrapped in rolls of 25, are available in quantities of $250 per box.

For this special program:

* The United States Mint pays for standard shipping and handling of domestic orders. Any special handling will be paid by the customer.
* Specific coins are available only while supplies last.
* Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks for shipping.
* All sales are final.

To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, any order placed prior to the official on-sale date and time (January 2, 2009, 12:00 Noon ET) shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored.
Contrasted to the presidential link:

Originally Posted by usmint president link

To encourage robust national circulation of $1 Coins (non-numismatic, circulation-grade coins), the United States Mint has introduced the Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Program. This program makes it easy for retailers, financial institutions, and other interested parties to obtain smaller quantities of $1 coins than can otherwise be obtained from the Federal Reserve.

The $1 coins, wrapped in rolls of 25, are available in quantities of $250 (1 box) or $500 (2 boxes).

For this special program:

* The United States Mint pays for standard shipping and handling of domestic orders. Any special handling will be paid by the customer.
* Orders are limited to two boxes ($500) per President.
* Specific coins are available only while supplies last.
* Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks for shipping.
* All sales are final.

To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, any order placed prior to the official on-sale date and time (August 15, 2008, 12:00 Noon ET) shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored.

emphasis mine
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To thehawk75, ^ for voicing your opinion!

It annoys me to no end when someone said he/she has carefully read the FAQ's, monitor the thread ... yet went on to ask very very basic questions which would not have been missed by anyone who claimed he has carefully read the thread...

Either the poster has no braincell, or the poster is not telling the truth about he/she has read the thread.... I tend to think the latter.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Welcome to Flyer Talk mrbrave.

Last edited by lili; Sep 28, 2009 at 7:38 pm Reason: to avoid conflict.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lili
That's a bit harsh on the new guy. There are 4700+ posts, many contradictory, repetitive and speculative. On another thread I went back to one of the beginning posts (#3) then questioned something. Turns out post #6xx had given new information that wasn't reflected in #3. I didn't get yelled at for that faux pas. And that thread only has 11** posts!

Welcome to Flyer Talk mrbrave.
The information is right on the Mint's OWN site - if you have already ordered the Prez coins, you would have seen the NA coins on the same page...

Not only that, the link and description thehawk75 took time to post here - are directly lifted from the Mint site.

What else one needs to read, other than the first post, the Sticky, AND verify it with the info on the Mint's own site?

That is why thehawk75 said such question should be ignored!

Cant believe there is no braincell, so the other conclusion would be - being really lazy but knowing it would offend others if not saying "I have read the FAQs, blah blah blah"...
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, AA, SPG
Business?

Let's move on from here....

The last time I was depositing coins (at a BoA), the teller told me that I qualified for a Business checking account and even flipped the computer screen to show that I qualified for other business products (credit cards, etc.). I laughed it off and politely declined.

I think for some that this IS a full-time business venture.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Let's move on from here....

The last time I was depositing coins (at a BoA), the teller told me that I qualified for a Business checking account and even flipped the computer screen to show that I qualified for other business products (credit cards, etc.). I laughed it off and politely declined.

I think for some that this IS a full-time business venture.

I wouldn't dismiss this, sounds like it's at least worth entertaining the idea. If there is no cost to the biz account, there might be higher limits, or at a minimum, higher tolerance for coin deposits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.