Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 5:39 pm

Kiosk Kate down?

Hi all,

Anyone having any issues loading Kate today. Went to do my first loads of the month and two different cards came back error 57 debit not approved, call authorizer. Was first trying to load buxx and even tried my bank debit, no go. Didn't have time to try the checkout register.
Old May 7, 2015, 7:02 pm

tried to load at 2 separate locations today, was getting rejected (debit not approved) repeatedly. probably tried 20 different gcs and only got 6 through. anyone else? checked my account, not closed.
Old May 7, 2015, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by chachang25
tried to load at 2 separate locations today, was getting rejected (debit not approved) repeatedly. probably tried 20 different gcs and only got 6 through. anyone else? checked my account, not closed.
Had the same issue today with two separate serve cards. Even tried regular bank debit since I was first trying with nw buxx and USB buxx. Didn't have time to try at the register or CS. hopefully better tomorrow.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:22 am

My local WM kiosk was finally back up and running today after the last 3 or 4 times I've been thru there it was down. Guy before me was loading up on Bluebird, too. After I swiped my BB card, kiosk said to wait for a Walmart rep to come over and assist with the transaction (1st time ever seeing that screen). Flagged someone down, they entered their info, and got a Compliance Limit screen which seemed to indicate "I" had reached my daily limit already. Told her I literally just swiped the card for the first time today, she didn't even bat an eye and just OK'd her screens which reverted back to the normal process. And as a nice surprise, the PP debit load even worked on the first swipe (usually 2-3 swipes before it finally takes). So sad I feel like I actually won something when I'm able to transfer money over from one acct to the other.
Old May 8, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PropClear
My local WM kiosk was finally back up and running today after the last 3 or 4 times I've been thru there it was down. Guy before me was loading up on Bluebird, too. After I swiped my BB card, kiosk said to wait for a Walmart rep to come over and assist with the transaction (1st time ever seeing that screen). Flagged someone down, they entered their info, and got a Compliance Limit screen which seemed to indicate "I" had reached my daily limit already. Told her I literally just swiped the card for the first time today, she didn't even bat an eye and just OK'd her screens which reverted back to the normal process. And as a nice surprise, the PP debit load even worked on the first swipe (usually 2-3 swipes before it finally takes). So sad I feel like I actually won something when I'm able to transfer money over from one acct to the other.
I just edited the first line of the WIKI to make it more clear why this happens.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:43 pm

I'm not even sure why one of the local WMs HAS a Kate.. I haven't used it for a while, but today I was driving by and thought I'd pop in just to check. Sure enough there was an "Out of Order" sign on it..

Seems that at least at this one they've given up and don't even bother fixing it..

I think I'll check back there in a week or so and see what's up. If it's still broken I'll lodge a complaint and see what happens.. Just kinda silly..

*POST 100*
Old May 9, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
Hi all,

Anyone having any issues loading Kate today. Went to do my first loads of the month and two different cards came back error 57 debit not approved, call authorizer. Was first trying to load buxx and even tried my bank debit, no go. Didn't have time to try the checkout register.
UPDATE:
Turns out that my serve card was locked after having an issue with a new sub account. Lock removed and back in business.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:49 pm

Story time...

Was out shopping and ventured into an adjacent WM that has a history of broken Kate. Got super excited to see it was working today. My joy was quickly dashed when I realized all the stupid GC I had bought from the OD promotion were Vanillas. Fuq!!!

Well, at least now I know VGC are still dead at WM.
Old May 9, 2015, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by vinhboy
Well, at least now I know VGC are still dead at WM.
you can still load Vanilla GCs up to 49.99 each time, so not really dead For those with a lot of time and patience, you can still drain VGCs at WM.
Old May 10, 2015, 11:27 am

Has anyone encountered the problem where they swipe the Serve / BB card on the kiosk, it beeps as if it has read the card, but nothing happens on the screen? There are a couple of stores in my area that are like this now and it is pretty frustrating. Not sure if there is a fix and if it is worth trying to get an employee to reset the kiosk, or if it is a lost cause.
Old May 10, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Has anyone encountered the problem where they swipe the Serve / BB card on the kiosk, it beeps as if it has read the card, but nothing happens on the screen? There are a couple of stores in my area that are like this now and it is pretty frustrating. Not sure if there is a fix and if it is worth trying to get an employee to reset the kiosk, or if it is a lost cause.
happened to me as well. just left and came back a few days later and it was fixed. Not sure what the fix is but doesn't seem like it is a big problem to fix as the turn-around time was rather quick in my experience...
Old May 18, 2015, 1:43 pm

It has been mentioned (maybe in this forum) that the Visa cards available at CVS can be loaded using Kate as long as the amount is less that $50. Is that accurate? Has anyone been able to make this work?
Old May 18, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
It has been mentioned (maybe in this forum) that the Visa cards available at CVS can be loaded using Kate as long as the amount is less that $50. Is that accurate? Has anyone been able to make this work?
YES.

If using Kate no workaround needed; at the register, workaround is necessary or else it'll go to CREDIT default.
Old May 18, 2015, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
Ive had problems with a mgr when loading the 200s and spending all day by Kate,Id hate to see what would be if I was loading 49.99 at a time
Old May 18, 2015, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
YES.

If using Kate no workaround needed; at the register, workaround is necessary or else it'll go to CREDIT default.
You can load the Vanilla $200's at a time using KATE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.