Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

I was thinking to myself the other day as I was going from Wm to Wm trying to find a kiosk that was not out of order, I wonder if the managers have been purposefully making the machines not work since the advent of gift cards with pins in the name of fraud prevention. Or maybe that Ft's are buying so may M/O's that they are constantly running out of the paper to print them with. What do you guys think?

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Feb 14, 2016 at 8:43 pm Reason: Thread has evolved to be about Kate in general
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
I think you're lucky that your WM even has one of those. My local WM does not.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I know around here they put the machines in an out of order status as soon as they are out of cash rather than refilling them. Unfortunately they don't leave the kiosk active to preform all the other functions. I've seen them refill the kiosks early in the morning, and I've been told that is the only time they refill them during the day. So if you go to WM later in the day you are more likely to run into finding an out of order kiosk.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:42 pm

Smile

I found one that can spill out MO.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I think they go out of order immediately if they run out of cash or receipt tape. I am not surprised that WM doesn't resolve this quickly.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Perhaps the staff who are supposed to keep the machines filled with cash and receipt paper are the same staff who might be out of a job if the machines functioned properly?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:29 pm

Most of the WMs I've visited do not have kiosks. I've never seen them at a Neighborhood Market, only the Supercenters. My track record of working kiosks at Supercenters, however, has been below .500, but I prefer to go to the Money Center anyway. It's cheaper since they can issue MOs in $1000 denominations and I've never gotten hassled or had to wait in line long. I visited a WM today, though, and the Money Center's machines were down but the kiosk was working. Go figure!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by lovenola
I was thinking to myself the other day as I was going from Wm to Wm trying to find a kiosk that was not out of order, I wonder if the managers have been purposefully making the machines not work since the advent of gift cards with pins in the name of fraud prevention. Or maybe that Ft's are buying so may M/O's that they are constantly running out of the paper to print them with. What do you guys think?
This makes sense. My local kiosk was out of order for what seemed like an eternity (4-5 days) for a business that is otherwise well run...
Old Jun 30, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Perhaps the staff who are supposed to keep the machines filled with cash and receipt paper are the same staff who might be out of a job if the machines functioned properly?
I think you're giving them waaaaay to much credit for thinking this far ahead...
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Mine worked every day I went for a while, now it has been out for a few weeks. I think tha Fters in my city have caught on to the location and have traveled there. I'm fairly certain that it will work longer now since GB accounts are being closed left and right. Folks won't be using it as often.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Mine worked every day I went for a while, now it has been out for a few weeks. I think tha Fters in my city have caught on to the location and have traveled there. I'm fairly certain that it will work longer now since GB accounts are being closed left and right. Folks won't be using it as often.
Have you ever asked why it doesn't work and when it will be back up and working again?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
They just tell me it is down and has been for a few days. Blah blah. I don't waste too much breath in WalMart.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
I was told at a WalMart counter that a contractor goes around and fixes them - they are not store employees.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by calwatch
I was told at a WalMart counter that a contractor goes around and fixes them - they are not store employees.
The same I was told once. They ordered technicians for it which do their job on week days only.
It was on Saturday morning. So I was SOL that weekend at that store. Add to it money center/customer support people wanted to report me on Sec... -something form when I asked them to help load another card with 15 hundreds after one BB full load...
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
I was told by the people at customer services that they have paper jam issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.