Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy

PEOPLE - UNDERSTAND THIS: There are a LOT of people doing this. It's not some secret. Every time I go to WM, I see several people loading GCs. Sometimes, there is a line of them, openly holding a very thick stack of GCs still in packaging. I see people lock up the machine almost every time I'm there - then the idiot who did it gets in line at the MC and asks for a bunch of money orders!
This is completely location specific. I have two local Kate's nearby and have been to each dozens of times. Have never had it lock up with a velocity limit and have never seen anyone loading a GC. I have waited behind for people to finish and it is always them taking cash out.

Just yesterday there were 3 receipts that people left on top of the machine. All 3 were cash withdrawals of $20, $60 and ~$90 respectively. I'm not saying it's not like that at your WM, but it's not a representation of everywhere.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by MG49
This is completely location specific. I have two local Kate's nearby and have been to each dozens of times. Have never had it lock up with a velocity limit and have never seen anyone loading a GC. I have waited behind for people to finish and it is always them taking cash out.

Just yesterday there were 3 receipts that people left on top of the machine. All 3 were cash withdrawals of $20, $60 and ~$90 respectively. I'm not saying it's not like that at your WM, but it's not a representation of everywhere.
This is what I generally see. It is still broken/closed at least a third of the time at my nearby stores, but it's probably due to indifference and not the velocity limit.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo
I think it depend on certain Kate. There is one Kate that I can do 1500 per 10mins.

there is another kate that locks when I do 1500. wait 10mins 1000. wait 10 mins, 500, locks.

weird stuff like that.
You're right, I think it probably is a quirk of this particular kiosk vs something widespread. That's actually good to know, since next time I have a lot to load, I'd go further afield and try a different location.

FYI, as I posted, I had watched the kiosk for ~10 min, since I was waiting at the cash register directly behind it to pay for a purchase. So I'm positive I didn't go over the $2K/10 min limit.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: free agent
Happen to be in my family's hometown area, OFC I run to WM nearby due to kate machine (my area don't have it so I usually deal with cashiers or CS). I tried to feed $200 to my serve but pinpad kept ask for 10 digit or so pin code after type 4 digit pin. I just left. Common issue?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Happen to be in my family's hometown area, OFC I run to WM nearby due to kate machine (my area don't have it so I usually deal with cashiers or CS). I tried to feed $200 to my serve but pinpad kept ask for 10 digit or so pin code after type 4 digit pin. I just left. Common issue?
I guess you didn't bother to look at the wiki. You would find your answer even in the "preview" wiki view.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by ILGfly
I guess you didn't bother to look at the wiki. You would find your answer even in the "preview" wiki view.
I wrote my recent post from my mobile device, and wiki isnt viewable. Wish FT tech team find a way to make wiki viewable on mobile devices. I'll try again today at WM, though.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:03 am

I was able to use kate only 2 times in a year or so....
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by sean79
I was able to use kate only 2 times in a year or so....
This was very informative. Please continue with what you had for breakfast today
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bigugly
This is what I generally see. It is still broken/closed at least a third of the time at my nearby stores, but it's probably due to indifference and not the velocity limit.
Similar situation here. In my area there are 2 WMs with Kates. One is a ghetto WM but near high income neighborhoods. This one almost never works (has the manager approval message). I believe some MSers frequent this location and lock it up, and the staff is a combination of too lazy and incompetent to fix it.

The other Kate is in a suburban area of a city not known for a cutting edge MSing population. This is my go-to Kate and has worked all but one time I have ever been there. Usually no else uses it, and when they do it's to withdraw $20 from their account.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I wrote my recent post from my mobile device, and wiki isnt viewable. Wish FT tech team find a way to make wiki viewable on mobile devices. I'll try again today at WM, though.
IF you had read the wiki before playing the game you blame FT tech team.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:55 am

You can always click on "view full site" on the bottom of the page. Then you can view the entire site as normal on you mobile browser.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:13 pm

just go home and view from a PC.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
This is a first... someone at customer service at Glendora, CA yelling at me that the limit for the kiosk was two transactions per customer. Which is ironic since I was just draining the Staples Visa GC I bought next door. There was not the usual line at customer service so I guess they felt the need to be nosy.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by calwatch
This is a first... someone at customer service at Glendora, CA yelling at me that the limit for the kiosk was two transactions per customer. Which is ironic since I was just draining the Staples Visa GC I bought next door. There was not the usual line at customer service so I guess they felt the need to be nosy.
Had similar experience. Literally had a Money Center Manager run out from behind the counter (about 40' away) and put her hand on my card to prevent me from using the kiosk after a few swipes, frothing at the mouth that what I was doing was "illegal". And yes, it was when the place was relatively empty.

The Money Center manager seems like she's a direct cousin of the Missing Link - a knuckle dragger who can barely speak English (and English is her first language) - shocking that WM promoted her as most WM managers I've met have something of a brain - this woman is a dense (and as attractive) as a Vogon. "Resistance is Futile!"
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:28 am

The money order machine at one of my local Walmarts has been out of order for several months. It seems clear that they don't want to get it fixed. I submitted a complaint on Walmart's web site suggesting that I would likely be doing my shopping at other stores that offer such convenience. I never received a reply. I would really like to get in touch with the district manager, but don't know how to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.