Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by vinyalwhl
got a call from walmart financial services they will not be fixing my 9 digits pin problem..
My closest Kate for months, has this problem. Didnt bother to contact WM CS, due to raising a red flag and the cashier option is still working.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:51 pm

I needed cash from my serve card, so I stopped at 2 WMs to use Kate, both were out of service, first one had some DOS console window with "Welcome To WM Money Center" text, nothing I can do besides resize that console. I asked CS what is wrong with it, they told me it is not working. And second one was restarting Windows XP, like XP restart on regular PC, kinda in loop with safe mode option, i watched it for one restart and left, sine i already saw first Kate acting wired. What is it? Remote end of day maintenance? It was 5pm after work rush. SE Florida.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Sounds like Y2K to me.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:26 am

is there one working Kate in bay area?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by mr. abd
I needed cash from my serve card, so I stopped at 2 WMs to use Kate, both were out of service, first one had some DOS console window with "Welcome To WM Money Center" text, nothing I can do besides resize that console. I asked CS what is wrong with it, they told me it is not working. And second one was restarting Windows XP, like XP restart on regular PC, kinda in loop with safe mode option, i watched it for one restart and left, sine i already saw first Kate acting wired. What is it? Remote end of day maintenance? It was 5pm after work rush. SE Florida.
Accidentally, i went to that Walmart with rebooting XP today, it still does that. No none cares. 2nd day in row (as i noticed, who knows how long it was before). HD of that machine has bad sector, or something, which causes crash and reboot. None of store managers cares of "Kate"s! That's why they always down.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Stupid question but my search did not find it. Is there a time limit for money orders at a Kate like there is for BB loading? I have so many AGC's coming and will need to offload them faster than the $5K per month on both cards.

JudyJFLA
Sorry for the late reply. Maybe it's area specific because I have never hit a limit with MO's. However when Kate runs out of MO paper it can take weeks for them to reload it.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:11 pm
kfu

Failed to load BB from a Meta Visa. All went fine, no error msg on screen, yet the paper receipt showed transaction failed. Has anyone experienced this? I wonder if this is a systematic problem with Meta GC or just the Kate I used was taking a nap...
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:30 pm

This 9 digits pin is obviously done by Walmart staffs by purpose. Last Christmas I met this problem in a north virginia walmart. One month ago, our local walmart ATM also showed the 9 digits pin problem. It didn't disappear by restarting.
Originally Posted by vinyalwhl
got a call from walmart financial services they will not be fixing my 9 digits pin problem..
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by bulletin2007
This 9 digits pin is obviously done by Walmart staffs by purpose. Last Christmas I met this problem in a north virginia walmart. One month ago, our local walmart ATM also showed the 9 digits pin problem. It didn't disappear by restarting.
I ran into this problem for the first time today at two different Wal-Mart locations. Is this a system wide problem or site specific? There are a few other WM locations but I fear there will be no more Kate BB reloads anytime soon. For the record, when I tried to load using a normal debit card, I still got the 9-digit PIN request, so I don't think it is specific to MBGC. I think BB just doesn't want us to be able to load anywhere but the register.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by knopfler
Sorry for the late reply. Maybe it's area specific because I have never hit a limit with MO's. However when Kate runs out of MO paper it can take weeks for them to reload it.
I have done 8k in MO's back to back @ kate without triggering a limit FWIW
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Tried.to load a Serve card at WM cash register, could not do it, had to go to The Miney Center...
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by satman40
Tried.to load a Serve card at WM cash register, could not do it, had to go to The Miney Center...
Was it asking for a 9 digit PIN? I am pretty sure this is the end of using Kate if this is a system wide issue.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by jonwilsonmft
Was it asking for a 9 digit PIN? I am pretty sure this is the end of using Kate if this is a system wide issue.
Just got back from loading Serve at Kate. Worked fine.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Will try again tomorrow...
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Four Kates in my area of SW FL have the 9 digit pin problem, others don't so it seems to be a generation of device issue. I see different swipers on the ones that work correctly. BTW, as I was buying a MO from an actual Money Center person yesterday, they said that the entire WalMart to Walmart system was down for money transfers, so it was a huge problem for people trying to send money to each other. Maybe the Kate problems are just the tip of the iceberg!
They are trying to be a bank, Western Union, bill pay and everything else these days. I need to learn how to go back to CVS now that I have not been in one since the VR days died. I still have a fistfull of AGC's!!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.