Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Just FYI, I've loaded $999 in one swipe (using debit), so at least at my Kate, there's no $500 limit.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt GP/Platinum, Priority Club Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver, United Premier Gold
Question What should you do if KATE freezes

I've experienced 2 freezes on KATE this week while attempting to load VCGs at WM. On both occasions, I deposited $500 VCGs successfully once or on the first attempt but the second attempt to load another $500 VGC was unsuccessful and the screen locked on KATE.

Is it best to contact WM personnel for assistance per the message on the KATE screen - or should I just leave the store altogether?

So, far when I've encountered this issue 2x already this week, I've asked for assistance and I was given different explanations of why KATE locked up on me from various WM personnel.

Please advice.

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Iloilo
I've experienced 2 freezes on KATE this week while attempting to load VCGs at WM. On both occasions, I deposited $500 VCGs successfully once or on the first attempt but the second attempt to load another $500 VGC was unsuccessful and the screen locked on KATE.

Is it best to contact WM personnel for assistance per the message on the KATE screen - or should I just leave the store altogether?

So, far when I've encountered this issue 2x already this week, I've asked for assistance and I was given different explanations of why KATE locked up on me from various WM personnel.

Please advice.

Thanks!
Specify EXACTLY where the screen froze. not enough information.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Please advice.

Thanks!
I usually would put the GC back into my pocket and take out a real DC. Some mgrs will stick around when you try it after its been fixed to make sure it doesnt get locked up again. So use the real DC and when it tells to reenter your pin, since it wasnt correct the 1st time do so and again it will be declined.Then just leave saying you have to go back to the bank to see why its being declined.

Or simply take out a very small amount using the DC and when the mgr leaves since all is good, back to loading with the GCs.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP/Platinum, Priority Club Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver, United Premier Gold
Talking take a little out

Originally Posted by craz
I usually would put the GC back into my pocket and take out a real DC. Some mgrs will stick around when you try it after its been fixed to make sure it doesnt get locked up again. So use the real DC and when it tells to reenter your pin, since it wasnt correct the 1st time do so and again it will be declined.Then just leave saying you have to go back to the bank to see why its being declined.

Or simply take out a very small amount using the DC and when the mgr leaves since all is good, back to loading with the GCs.
Thanks for the advice - I will ask for assistance from WM staff if the screen locks up (usually after I swipe the VGC in the process) - and will have a "real" debit card handy to show the manager that I'm attempting to transfer funds from the "real" debit card using KATE. If necessary, I will go through the process using the real debit card in front of the manager and then repeat the process once he leaves to do the MS transaction. Iloilo
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:42 pm

VGC issue and not KATE

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Highly unlikely that $1291 tripped it for the purposes that the machine had $700+ done on it in the 4-6 minutes prior to you to go over 2k. Do not listen to anything a Wally CSR tells you about rules and all that crap, they have no idea. Basically, if there was an MSer that finished right before you then that is about the only scenario I can see where you tripped it on $1,290. The regular walmart Kate users rarely do more than $100 per transaction and usually take 4-6 minutes to complete what should take 2 minutes.

Velocity could be 1k, that seems more likely to me.
Thank you very much for your help on this! I found out that the VGC (Meta) that I used had an issue; it was a defective VGC - called the number on the back of the VGC and they told me that they had to re-issue a new card for me. I should be getting a new replacement VGC sometime next week. So hopefully, the replacement card will work without any problems on KATE at WM.

I will never listen to what the WM manager(s) tell me - I've experienced the "locked screen" 2x now over this week and was told two different reasons of why KATE locked up. I just agreed with the WM managers and left quietly both times.

Iloilo
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Just FYI, I've loaded $999 in one swipe (using debit), so at least at my Kate, there's no $500 limit.
What type of GC were you using at $999 ???
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
What type of GC were you using at $999 ???
What did you read to imply it was a gift card?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:49 am

Has anyone ever entered in the 4-digit code on their own to unlock KATE after it has locked up? I was at WM using Kate yesterday and it locked up after I deposited my first $500 VGC - the lady before me had a stack of about 10 VGC's and probably used up the $1999 limit - I asked the WM employee to fix Kate for me and I told her that I was trying to use my debit card but it locked up. The WM employee was very nice and I saw her input the 4-digit pin on the screen. I should have memorized it - but not sure if that would be too risky. The thought did come across my mind though and it would be nice to just keep depositing and unlocking Kate at will.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:59 pm

Has anyone ever entered in the 4-digit code on their own to unlock KATE after it has locked up? I was at WM using Kate yesterday and it locked up after I deposited my first $500 VGC - the lady before me had a stack of about 10 VGC's and probably used up the $1999 limit - I asked the WM employee to fix Kate for me and I told her that I was trying to use my debit card but it locked up. The WM employee was very nice and I saw her input the 4-digit pin on the screen. I should have memorized it - but not sure if that would be too risky. The thought did come across my mind though and it would be nice to just keep depositing and unlocking Kate at will.
the kiosk do log your activity and has a camera in front of you know...
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:04 pm

Has anyone ever entered in the 4-digit code on their own to unlock KATE after it has locked up?
It's the same as your SERVE card pin. Mine is 5555.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:06 pm

code

Originally Posted by 22calbr
It's the same as your SERVE card pin. Mine is 5555.
I saw the WM employee enter the code on the KATE screen to unlock it and it started with the number 8 - forgot the rest.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:17 pm

I saw the WM employee enter the code on the KATE screen to unlock it and it started with the number 8 - forgot the rest.
Maybe the pin of the employee's serve card starts with an 8?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:27 pm
Suspended

did a mattress run last night, what a PITA today was. Was in unchartered terrirty for me at least. 1st 5 Kates not only had o/o/o on them but the plugs were pulled. Dont know how those leaving in the Sticks can get by.Resorted to doing 4 VGCs per store, plus p/u some MOs, so it wasnt a lost cause altogether.My last stop had a Kate that was hungry but man did she take her time eating, it would have been 1/3 the time with the cashiers

Yesterday Kate 2 worked and was able to load as I usually do.
Thats what I get for experimenting with new territory
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:37 pm

Just an update for Bay Area folks.

KATE Status Update
San Leandro - Not Working. (Swipe Machine is not working)
Bay Fair - Working.
Osgood Road, Fremont - No KATE. (Some useless machine looks like a mini ATM)
Albae St, Fremont - On & Off. (Mostly not working)

Bay Fair is the only one that is working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.