Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by torrentkid
Bay Fair is the only one that is working.
Not after hordes of FT'ers descend upon the unsuspecting victim.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by 22calbr
Not after hordes of FT'ers descend upon the unsuspecting victim.
Maybe it's misinformation.

Maybe it's Maybelline.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:43 pm

Just an update for Bay Area folks.

KATE Status Update
San Leandro - Not Working. (Swipe Machine is not working)
Bay Fair - Working.
Osgood Road, Fremont - No KATE. (Some useless machine looks like a mini ATM)
Albae St, Fremont - On & Off. (Mostly not working)

My question is which WM allow CC payment for vgc. I know the two in Fremont do not...
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:14 am

terrible night last night trying to find working Kate. Went to 3 WMs as far as an hour away. Finally, I found one that appeared to be up but the when I swiped, it did not read the card. after many tries i bought some plastic bags to put the card in while swiping (thought i read here that that sometimes works) but that didn't work either. Any ideas on how to deal with a swiping mechanism that wound read a card?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:47 am

This past week I went to a Kate in Chicago suburbs (Northlake WM on North Ave) around 6:30 AM - no one nearby or in Customer Service. I loaded two $200 GCs and was starting my 3rd and final $200 GC when a WM employee appeared and told me I had to stop and fill out some paperwork. I asked why and she said anything over $500 needed paperwork - name, address, employer, occupation, and SSN. When I said I would provide everything but SSN she said I could not continue. I saw no notices or memos about this "policy" - does anyone know if she was legit or just being a pain? I was not bothering her, there was no one in line behind me, and I've loaded $1800 at a different Kate a week earlier. Very odd experience as she basically kicked me out.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by lpatron
This past week I went to a Kate in Chicago suburbs (Northlake WM on North Ave) around 6:30 AM - no one nearby or in Customer Service. I loaded two $200 GCs and was starting my 3rd and final $200 GC when a WM employee appeared and told me I had to stop and fill out some paperwork. I asked why and she said anything over $500 needed paperwork - name, address, employer, occupation, and SSN. When I said I would provide everything but SSN she said I could not continue. I saw no notices or memos about this "policy" - does anyone know if she was legit or just being a pain? I was not bothering her, there was no one in line behind me, and I've loaded $1800 at a different Kate a week earlier. Very odd experience as she basically kicked me out.
There is a notification that goes to the store manager I believe when someone is loading on Kate. There is no way I would give any personally identifiable information to any employee at Walmart. I don't trust the employees, customers, or data use and retention policies (if any are in place). I wouldn't even give my name.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 1:12 pm

Just an update for Bay Area folks.

KATE Status Update
San Leandro - Not Working. (Swipe Machine is not working)
Bay Fair - Working.
Osgood Road, Fremont - No KATE. (Some useless machine looks like a mini ATM)
Albae St, Fremont - On & Off. (Mostly not working)

bayfair? Are you referring to Walmart on Hesperian Blvd?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:33 am

Noticed something promising looking at my Neighborhood Market ATM. On the screen saver it said "more functions coming soon like money transfers and bill pay". Maybe it will allow Bill pay without human interaction. Anybody else see something similar?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
Am having trouble in Chicagoland unloading $200 cards (Metabank--the new blue ones at Staples). Tried initially with the last four pin, then manually set pins on all of them, but still couldn't get them to work. Know others got them to work this past week--checking to see if anyone else is having this issue.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:39 pm

Hit and miss on Hesperian, any other options?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by rzamora
Hit and miss on Hesperian, any other options?
I used the Bay Fair MCE (the one on Hesperian right off 880) successfully on both Saturday and Sunday.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:16 am

I unloaded some at the Mt. Prospect Kate at the end of May and had no issues.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by CubsGirl
Am having trouble in Chicagoland unloading $200 cards (Metabank--the new blue ones at Staples). Tried initially with the last four pin, then manually set pins on all of them, but still couldn't get them to work. Know others got them to work this past week--checking to see if anyone else is having this issue.
I unloaded some at the Mt. Prospect Kate at the end of May and had no issues.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:19 pm

I'm new this forum so I apologize in advance.
If someone can direct me to a thread regarding Bluebird would be much appreciated.

Also, is there an option to stick this thread in my acct so I can go back finding this later.

But this morning I was able to load 4 MCGCs totaling $1400 through KATE. After that I withdraw $740. Is there's a limit to loading to BB? I called the number on the back of the card and the guy told me it's $200 with a debit card per day but I was able to load $1400???
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Moi Cowdie
I'm new this forum so I apologize in advance.
If someone can direct me to a thread regarding Bluebird would be much appreciated.

Also, is there an option to stick this thread in my acct so I can go back finding this later.

But this morning I was able to load 4 MCGCs totaling $1400 through KATE. After that I withdraw $740. Is there's a limit to loading to BB? I called the number on the back of the card and the guy told me it's $200 with a debit card per day but I was able to load $1400???
No limit other than the $2500 daily and $5000 monthly, and no more than $1999.99 a session at a kiosk before it locks up. Remember a Kate load is equivalent to a cash load.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.