Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by David_
You can load the Vanilla $200's at a time using KATE?
I think he's just saying that loading a bunch of $200 gcs are a pain, time consuming....and to do $50 at a time for Vanilla will be pretty crazy.
Old May 18, 2015, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sosamo
I think he's just saying that loading a bunch of $200 gcs are a pain, time consuming....and to do $50 at a time for Vanilla will be pretty crazy.
I know the Metas are OK and Kate will eat all you serve her, but for awhile now she has refused to eat Vanilla of any type, unless its a max of 49.99 you are loading.

Havent tried any Vanilla with a cashier as many dont like that you are switching from 1 type of card to another and then before OKing the transaction want to see the card that was swiped and check the #s against those on their screen to make sure they match up. Easy solution is not to get any Vanillas

So lets see I can process 1 $200 Meta in 1 swipe or 1 $200 Vanilla in 4 swipes, which makes sense to do? Thats even with the latest promo . Now if you have a Redcard and use the Vanilas over @ Target thats something else.

As I already said the longer you play with Kate the greater the chance that they will come over since they know something is up. I can load $800 of Metas in the same time I can unload 1 $200 Vanilla
Old May 18, 2015, 5:36 pm

The (variable) $100 vanillas from OD aren't that difficult to load at Kate if you only have a few of them. Takes 2 loads per card leaving 2 cents balance on each. This is for those who don't have stores to buy MOs that accept debit. You need to have time and patience for it depending on how many cards you need to drain.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mamibear
The (variable) $100 vanillas from OD aren't that difficult to load at Kate if you only have a few of them. Takes 2 loads per card leaving 2 cents balance on each. This is for those who don't have stores to buy MOs that accept debit. You need to have time and patience for it depending on how many cards you need to drain.
thats if a person was stuck with having to get the 100s, but if there were 200s also available dont know who would buy the 100s . So back to 4 swipes but even teh 100s with 2 swipes doing any volume will have you standing by Kate for an incredible amount of time which is like having a flashing light strapped on your head

I feel at times like that when Im doing the Meta 200s in 1 swipe
Old May 19, 2015, 7:08 am

My local grocery store has a nice setup for MO's when it came to the Vanilla's last week as that was my first experience with Vanillas. I can't believe people do $50 swipes at Kate. you're asking for someone to come over when you've been there 15 minutes to unload $500 worth. I usually do 8 staples monthly in 15 minutes and by the end I get the feeling it's time to move on.

My grocer can do multiple swipes (at least three because I did this) and I don't even tell them I'm doing three swipes, it just deducts from the "amount due" each time I swipe, had one CSR look a little confused but once the final swipe happens the MO prints and that's that. Unloaded My stack of Vanillas in 4 visits spread out over a week. Nice little UR bonus for about an additional hour of work to get them from OD and stop by grocery 4 times on the way to work/deposit ATM.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:54 am

Anyone ever seen this before? Only blue ATM button worked and no Bluebird listed at all...
Old May 21, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by newaroundhere

Anyone ever seen this before? Only blue ATM button worked and no Bluebird listed at all...
Have not seen this. Where you located.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:27 am

Yes, I know of a KATE that disappeared and came back a month or two later. When it came back, the Bluebird and Money Order buttons were missing. Walmart MoneyCard button was still there though.
Old May 21, 2015, 9:50 pm

Possible someone used the headphone plug to mute Kate. Try plugging in then unplugging a headphone jack to see if the screen resets.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:05 pm

deleted

Last edited by kakshi425; May 21, 2015 at 11:03 pm
Old May 22, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: UA-1P, DL-G, Marriott-PLAT
I found a working Kate this week in NC, I almost broke into song.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I can't believe people do $50 swipes at Kate. you're asking for someone to come over when you've been there 15 minutes to unload $500 worth. I usually do 8 staples monthly in 15 minutes and by the end I get the feeling it's time to move on.

Happened to me today Told me to go to customer service desk, so I left and I'll go back another day.

Sucks, cause its about a 30-40 minute drive one way.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by VizeL
Happened to me today Told me to go to customer service desk, so I left and I'll go back another day.

Sucks, cause its about a 30-40 minute drive one way.
It's just better to have an internal clock and know that the usual half wit using the Kate to withdraw $25 takes a while, but not that long, ten minutes at most. I don't like to go much more than that watching the receipts spit out over and over and knowing someone behind the customer service counter sees the receipts spitting out over and over, especially with $50 transactions. Asking for trouble. Find a grocery store for MO for Vanilla. Quite honestly, I don't know how it's worth anyone's time to sit there for $50 Kate swipes. $200 is sometimes annoying.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:30 am

I don't do 50 swipes, but essentially the same thing trying to do 200 swipes and loading the full amount. Takes way too long to stand there comfortably for me
Old May 22, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
It's just better to have an internal clock and know that the usual half wit using the Kate to withdraw $25 takes a while, but not that long, ten minutes at most. I don't like to go much more than that watching the receipts spit out over and over and knowing someone behind the customer service counter sees the receipts spitting out over and over, especially with $50 transactions. Asking for trouble. Find a grocery store for MO for Vanilla. Quite honestly, I don't know how it's worth anyone's time to sit there for $50 Kate swipes. $200 is sometimes annoying.
For me it's a $450 MO and then dump the remaining 49.31 to Serve when loading $500 sunnies. My MO supply gives funny look for $499.31 MO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.