Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by kharlamov
The money order machine at one of my local Walmarts has been out of order for several months. It seems clear that they don't want to get it fixed. I submitted a complaint on Walmart's web site suggesting that I would likely be doing my shopping at other stores that offer such convenience. I never received a reply. I would really like to get in touch with the district manager, but don't know how to do so.
If you go to any WM's customer service desk, you will see the name of the store manager and other big wigs of the store. You can either call them OR if you prefer, send an email via WM Bentonville HQ . In the past, I got their attention quickly via the corporate website link.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
...send an email via WM Bentonville HQ . In the past, I got their attention quickly via the corporate website link.
+1

The kiosk at my local super-WM was "broken" since at least mid-2012. Submitted several detailed complaints via the corporate link and the machine was fixed within several months (and hasn't broken since). I don't think it was a coincidence.

Direct link to feedback page.

---

Last edited by sybloc; Apr 25, 2015 at 9:31 am Reason: Better link.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:11 pm

FWIW I've never been able to use Kate in the past. However, ever since redbird came out Kate is always up and willing to take my gcs. Thanks redbird fans, Serve is now super easy for me.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
Have been to two WM with Kates that are online these two days. The machines are up, but neither can read my card. The terminal will have beep or some other sounds indicating the card has been swiped, but machine never seems to acknowledge the swipe. I was able to load at both Kates in the past, and this phenomenon comes out pretty recently in my area. Tried the ATM function with other card also, no response after swiping and then the machine automatically goes back to main menu after a while.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by PlyrStar93
Have been to two WM with Kates that are online these two days. The machines are up, but neither can read my card. The terminal will have beep or some other sounds indicating the card has been swiped, but machine never seems to acknowledge the swipe. I was able to load at both Kates in the past, and this phenomenon comes out pretty recently in my area.
Sounds like the magnetic strip of the card might be damaged. Can you test a different card or request a replacement?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by PlyrStar93
Have been to two WM with Kates that are online these two days. The machines are up, but neither can read my card. The terminal will have beep or some other sounds indicating the card has been swiped, but machine never seems to acknowledge the swipe. I was able to load at both Kates in the past, and this phenomenon comes out pretty recently in my area. Tried the ATM function with other card also, no response after swiping and then the machine automatically goes back to main menu after a while.
I'd check to make sure you still have a balance one the card as fraudsters kill the magnetic stripe to prevent you liquidating the card before they do. This is especially a concern if you bought the card in a high fraud location such as SoCal.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
Originally Posted by TAWS
Sounds like the magnetic strip of the card might be damaged. Can you test a different card or request a replacement?
Actually I was testing the ATM function with my other credit card, and the machine didn't seem to recognize whatever card. After my first attempt failed I sat around there and saw another person trying to load his Bluebird and couldn't get his BB card recognized by Kate, so that can't be a coincidence.

I don't use my Serve card elsewhere, but the credit card's mag stripe was working at another store after the first attempt.

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I'd check to make sure you still have a balance one the card as fraudsters kill the magnetic stripe to prevent you liquidating the card before they do.
I had the same thought after failed to make the machine recognize my card the other day. Gladly I didn't have any funds on my Serve account before trying to load. Realizing there might be some thief trying to steal card information, I tested the ATM function with my credit card instead of a debit card, so at worst I should be able to have unauthorized charges resolved much easier. All of my accounts are monitored virtually every day, thus I should be able to notice fraudulent transactions in a timely manner, but I have to take extra care on that particular credit card account nowadays.

I was never able to swipe GC on terminal, as the Serve swipes couldn't be acknowledged by Kate, and it would not proceed to the next step. For ATM withdraw I was testing with my credit card to see if the machine recognized the swipe, and it was not proceeding and just bounced back to main menu after like half minute, did not let me enter PIN.

Of course I have suspicion on fraudsters messing around with the machine. Now that the only two online Kates in my area both have the same problem, I feel like something doesn't add up.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:06 pm

My usually reliable Kate has had a handwritten sign saying not functional for the past ~3 weeks, didn't really want to risk peeling the sign away to try it since it sits right in the MC. Hope someone will come and fix it soon, would like to avoid constantly loading at cashiers.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:08 pm

While just a guess, I had some gift cards not read when swiped. The cashier held a piece of paper on the non- magnetic side and swiped again. I guess the little extra thickness was enough for it to work.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:47 am

Only 3 Kates within a reasonable distance to me. Tried all three over the weekend - 1 off completely, the other 2 "temporarily" couldn't process money orders...

Guess I'll wait until Thursday to cash out the couple VGCs I have left through RB.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shadow520
Only 3 Kates within a reasonable distance to me. Tried all three over the weekend - 1 off completely, the other 2 "temporarily" couldn't process money orders...

Guess I'll wait until Thursday to cash out the couple VGCs I have left through RB.
Not all kates will spit out MO's...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:38 pm

I went to one of my Kate this morning. The display on the screen was new to me. It had,"NCR SelfServe Software installation" Something like that. It was stuck on that screen.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by sosamo
I went to one of my Kate this morning. The display on the screen was new to me. It had,"NCR SelfServe Software installation" Something like that. It was stuck on that screen.
Yes this is right, I have seen this it is stuck on that screen.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:26 pm

Not sure this is the right thread but I've encountered an interesting problem. Yesterday I tried to load two GCM VGCs to my emerald card via Kate. The first went through fine, the second gave me a "debit not approved" print out a few times before I gave up. I went to a different WM today, with the denied card from yesterday, and another of the same type that I bought last night, and both of those gave me the same error repeatedly.

I assume it's not that the Kate was broken, since I used two different machines, and my emerald account online shows no sign of being shut down (and I've only loaded 3.5k over a total of 6 loads this month so I'm not over the limit), so I have no clue what the problem was. Anybody have any ideas?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:51 pm

Are you sure you weren't shut down? I got the "debit not approved" when my Gobank was shutdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.