Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:47 pm

My trusty Kate which has never failed me was telling me a card error when it got to the first long 'processing' wait (after entering the $$ amount before swiping VGC). So sad.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: Asia Miles
When I was doing my load today, Kate freezes me right after entering the amount to be loaded. There was no response when I pressed finish&pay or cancel. I was frozen for like two minutes and then the machine prompted me for next step, and load was eventually successful.

I do have encountered the same situation once at this particular Kate when doing some $100 loads last year.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:44 pm

Has anyone found any working Kate in Orange County, CA? There are like a dozen of Kates here but none of them works
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:21 pm

Who does hate those "great deal" $100 GCs more - Kate or I?

A: Whomever forgets the loading history first. Usually touristtrap.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:34 pm

I guess I should feel fortunate that my go to Kate is still working, but I was a bit sad to see she has started yelling at me again. I veered of the MS path for a couple of months, and before I left, she was so quiet (silent, actually) and so pleasant to deal with. Now she just yells "slide your card"!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mbfanos
Has anyone found any working Kate in Orange County, CA? There are like a dozen of Kates here but none of them works
havent seen any working in the OC for many months and LA County is no different, at least for those I walked into, dont waste my time any longer
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by craz
havent seen any working in the OC for many months and LA County is no different, at least for those I walked into, dont waste my time any longer
you'll have to venture deep into the inland empire to find working kates
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PlyrStar93
When I was doing my load today, Kate freezes me right after entering the amount to be loaded. There was no response when I pressed finish&pay or cancel. I was frozen for like two minutes and then the machine prompted me for next step, and load was eventually successful.

I do have encountered the same situation once at this particular Kate when doing some $100 loads last year.
I have issues with kates freezing at the same spot, it would last roughly 30 seconds or so...

On another note, I have never bought a MO from kate, because my old kate didn't do them, however, she has been replaced by Kate 2.0 that does MO's the screen says, 2K max per transaction, I'm assuming you have to use 4x$500 GC or a variety of them to get 2K, am I right? Or is it easier to just do $500 money orders?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I have issues with kates freezing at the same spot, it would last roughly 30 seconds or so...

On another note, I have never bought a MO from kate, because my old kate didn't do them, however, she has been replaced by Kate 2.0 that does MO's the screen says, 2K max per transaction, I'm assuming you have to use 4x$500 GC or a variety of them to get 2K, am I right? Or is it easier to just do $500 money orders?
$500 is the max. Kate won't let you split payment. And jump on it fast, they run out of MO's fast and take forever to get reloaded (if ever).
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by flightnurse
i have issues with kates freezing at the same spot, it would last roughly 30 seconds or so...

On another note, i have never bought a mo from kate, because my old kate didn't do them, however, she has been replaced by kate 2.0 that does mo's the screen says, 2k max per transaction, i'm assuming you have to use 4x$500 gc or a variety of them to get 2k, am i right? Or is it easier to just do $500 money orders?
499.30+499.30+499.30+499.29
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by exmike
you'll have to venture deep into the inland empire to find working kates
Even there I ran into Kates simply out of action, but will admitt to seeing 1 begging for food, too bad my birds were already fed, but at last that Kate isnt on the ATM list of places shes suppose to be at.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by knopfler
$500 is the max. Kate won't let you split payment. And jump on it fast, they run out of MO's fast and take forever to get reloaded (if ever).
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
499.30+499.30+499.30+499.29
Thanks guys, I highly doubt this kate gets a big workout with MO's if any..
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Originally Posted by craz
Even there I ran into Kates simply out of action, but will admitt to seeing 1 begging for food, too bad my birds were already fed, but at last that Kate isnt on the ATM list of places shes suppose to be at.
Well, there is one working Kate that I've seen outside of my normal stomping grounds so I don't mind sharing. Pico Rivera CA was working very well yesterday afternoon. Works snappy without random timeout errors.

I've started to notice Kates that seem like they are working; the screen is on and you hear the beep when you press the button, but no response or sometimes Kate will just say "Welcome: Please select option" as if you never pressed anything.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Sad day... I went to a Kate that I usually use and it said exactly this "checking application trace files for abnormal termination. Please be patient". I wasn't sure what that meant, so I asked the service desk lady and she said Kate doesn't work.

Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Is there any workaround for loading $1999 in one swipe at Kate? Mine doesn't seem to let me enter anything over $999. This means I end up having to do 3 transactions to load $2500. I use a bank issued point debit card and loathe having so many transactions going through (as I wait for a fraud alert). Usually I do 999 then another 999 and then have to walk around for 10 minutes for her to reset. If I could do 1999 and walk, then 500, I'd be much happier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.