Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Right after the first of every month (when the Bluebird limit resets), armies of idiots come out of the woodwork and proceed to gag Kate incessantly. The MC employees get tired of them complaining and demanding repeated resets, so they shut off the Kate so they can get some work done. No surprise here.
Also happens an MS'er unknowingly comes in and tries to load $2k not realizing the poor who use the machine had recently loaded some trivial amount to it.

Last edited by aGeist; Jan 7, 2015 at 8:44 am
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by givingitatry
Noticed on my way out a woman loading card after card with a couple of people looking over her shoulder to use the atm. I politely told her about the velocity limit and see just stared at me and showed her remaining stack of cards. Told her not to load more than $999 in the next 10 mins or she would lock up the machine. This is my go to Kate and would hate to lose it.
With behavior like that I'm afraid it might not be long. At least the person didn't snap back at you like some others have when trying to be told of the velocity limit. Discretion is key, and many that I've witnessed loading BB at the kiosks don't have it.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:21 am

I finally got hit by a previous loader maxing out. Had to wait 10 mins for a WM employee to come reset the machine. I didn't know if would lock up my serve. I loaded my two loads and went looking at the money center line to pay a bill. Noticed on my way out a woman loading card after card with a couple of people looking over her shoulder to use the atm. I politely told her about the velocity limit and see just stared at me and showed her remaining stack of cards. Told her not to load more than $999 in the next 10 mins or she would lock up the machine. This is my go to Kate and would hate to lose it.

At least she had the packaging off, but still had the activation stickers.
This is why we can't have nice things.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:46 pm

Another mser or someone else loading to shop at walmart?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Another mser or someone else loading to shop at walmart?
She was loading BlueBird and had stack of $200 gift cards, so I am assuming a MSer.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:50 pm

if you can find a capable cashier, you can load serve/bluebird in a separate transaction while you are checking out. None of them has ever questioned me.

Edit: the advantage of this is you don't have to deal with money center's people. Don't over do it especially if you see a long line.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
She was loading BlueBird and had stack of $200 gift cards, so I am assuming a MSer.
I now see this same phenomenon - one or more morons openly waving a thick stack of still-in-the-packaging gift cards - waiting in line to use the kate, nearly every time I visit Wally World. No attempt to be discreet whatsoever, acting as if it's their constitutional right to exploit the system. Utterly oblivious.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:01 am

yeah that's when they shut down the machine! No reason to openly keep stacks of these in their hand even inside the store.
Those won't don't know will think it's all a fraud or some kind of criminal activity!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
All this talk about only being about to load Kate with $1999 is weird to me. Yesterday, i drove 32 miles to load with Kate for the first time (yes, i know i'm crazy but i just wanted to know what all the fuss about it was). I initially visited 5 stores before finding one that actually works. Nevetheless, i loaded $500 x3 and $700 once. Then i tried to load $600, but it said something like "debit transaction not authorized. Please call authorizer" or something like that. I simply left after loading $2200.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
All this talk about only being about to load Kate with $1999 is weird to me. Yesterday, i drove 32 miles to load with Kate for the first time (yes, i know i'm crazy but i just wanted to know what all the fuss about it was). I initially visited 5 stores before finding one that actually works. Nevetheless, i loaded $500 x3 and $700 once. Then i tried to load $600, but it said something like "debit transaction not authorized. Please call authorizer" or something like that. I simply left after loading $2200.
If you have already loaded $2200 and was trying to load another $600, you'll go over the limit of $2500 per day. That's probably the reason you got the error message.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Mamibear
If you have already loaded $2200 and was trying to load another $600, you'll go over the limit of $2500 per day. That's probably the reason you got the error message.
I see! So i could have loaded another Serve card instead of the same one?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
I meant VGC's at Kate. Slip of the keyboard. There is that step after confirm when it says "do you want cash back?" and that is the question of it it works for cash with the Sunrise VGC's and if it counts as part of the BB or Serve load limits as it is while that card info is in the system as well.
Let the sarcasm and flaming begin
Visas are typically fine, Vanillas are a problem for most but not all. Cashback does not work on any of the typical GCs anymore, as far as I am aware. And of course, AGC are not debit cards for those who didnt understand the sarcasm of the posters after your initial typo....
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:44 am

I see! So i could have loaded another Serve card instead of the same one?
yes, as long as the other card(s) have not met the quota for the day or month.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:46 am

It's 2k every rolling ten minutes. Granted no one had used it before you got to it, it took you likely 2-2.5 minutes per card so from the time you loaded your first card to the time you went over 2k to 2200 was 10+ minutes. The card you tried to load once you had $2200 was within the ten minute range and you broke it and there are folks on here who would have cursed you under their breath for doing that.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:45 am

Do any exist with MO functionality still?

Mine used to when I first started some months ago but it looks like it quickly disappeared from all machines...

I'm going to make a request to the NM that they put some paper in the machine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.