Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:19 pm

Just loaded $1500 into a Kate no problems.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:03 pm

Just loaded $1500 into a Kate no problems.
Using what?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
It was me... I did it... I named her "Kate" way back in Post 101 of this thread.

Post 101: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21169075-post101.html

I pegged the Kiosk with name "Kate", because it kinda rhymed and the female voice was so loud and obnoxious that it seemed the machine needed a name, like "Hal" in 2001: A Space Odyssey, or "Siri" on the I phones.

The name stuck.

It will most likely be my most memorable post on Flyertalk!
Jajajaja, well, my girlfriend was formally introduced by me to the famous Kate. she now knows I am not cheating on her, but she also loves the name Kate and discover the voice irritating although she knows no one at that Walmart cares about the transactions I work on. Also, she heard me tell the cashier at the K store who I was going to give those $500 USD VGC. of course, they are for Kate

Agree, an amazing post!!!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:33 pm

I tried to load a vanilla VGC today at the kiosk but didn't work. I got the notice "debit not available appr. code = 12". Does anyone know what that mean?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by asiantraveler
I tried to load a vanilla VGC today at the kiosk but didn't work. I got the notice "debit not available appr. code = 12". Does anyone know what that mean?
:facepalm:
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Anyone know of a working Kate in the SF bay area? 2 in Fremont, Milpitas, MV all no go...
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by SFOvacations
Anyone know of a working Kate in the SF bay area? 2 in Fremont, Milpitas, MV all no go...
Does Milpitas even have a kiosk? I was there last month, and the customer service area was all torn up and under construction.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
:facepalm:
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:03 pm

i have never seen a kate there

Originally Posted by Majuki
Does Milpitas even have a kiosk? I was there last month, and the customer service area was all torn up and under construction.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaiotes
i have never seen a kate there
There use to be one there a couple months back before the construction. Not there anymore. Kate at MV was also removed several months back, "broken". Stevenson has one but offline, first time venturing to automall and that didn't have one. All employees encountered are asking for my debit to be swiped by them on their console. I reluctantly gave them my real debit and purposely failed the pin when prompted to abort transaction.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, *G
San Leandro was working a few weeks ago, but has been put of order for the past week with a handwritten sign on it saying "Do Not Use". Has anyone tried it recently?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:29 pm

I know people are saying Vanilla is dead. but has anyone been successful with loading them at Kate? If there still people out there that are still loading vanilla with Kate (after many tries), then there is still hope
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:56 pm

I volunteer you to go down to your local WM and sit there for two hours swiping the same card through Kate over and over. Maybe it'll eventually go through. Maybe.

TIWWCHNT.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by mbaker4096
I volunteer you to go down to your local WM and sit there for two hours swiping the same card through Kate over and over. Maybe it'll eventually go through. Maybe.

TIWWCHNT.
If I have 1 vanilla gc, I would volunteer to swipe it 10 times, not 2hrs though. But I don't.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:16 pm

actually that is a good move to draw less suspicion

Input wrong pin and walk away to minimize facial recognition on future visits.

There use to be one there a couple months back before the construction. Not there anymore. Kate at MV was also removed several months back, "broken". Stevenson has one but offline, first time venturing to automall and that didn't have one. All employees encountered are asking for my debit to be swiped by them on their console. I reluctantly gave them my real debit and purposely failed the pin when prompted to abort transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.