Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Working OK for me. Make sure your 3V account post code matches the post code associated with your Oyster.
Yeah all my details match and it has been working fine for a while, but recently stopped. Ok will keep trying...
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:08 am

removed

Last edited by Richyo; Aug 26, 2014 at 6:47 am
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:40 pm

Which is your local store? Also does the monthly service charge of £1.99 affect the maths or is there a way to avoid this?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:24 pm
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Has anyone tried using 3V cards with Wisepay?

(Wisepay is a system my daughters school uses to collect school fees etc. It seems to accept Visa and MasterCard, so wondering if 3V would work! Anyone tried it yet?)
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I've read the last few pages, but I'm still trying to get up to speed with the 3V cards. A few questions:

1) Are there two different types of cards here? One that attracts an activation charge and one that doesn't?

2) Is the NS&I route only available for one of them?

3) Do both earn Tesco clubcard points? (And more to the point, are they both available from there?)
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: Amex Plat; BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by c1223
I've read the last few pages, but I'm still trying to get up to speed with the 3V cards. A few questions:

1) Are there two different types of cards here? One that attracts an activation charge and one that doesn't?

2) Is the NS&I route only available for one of them?

3) Do both earn Tesco clubcard points? (And more to the point, are they both available from there?)
There are two types of Visa gift cards available in Tesco: the 3V "online shopping" cards and the silver "Gospendit" cards.

NS&I used to be available for 3V and was very lucrative given that 3Vs have no fee. However, this loophole was closed some time ago. The silver gospendit cards do work on NS&I, but carry a £3.95 fee.

All gift cards earn 150 points per £50.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by StephenC
There are two types of Visa gift cards available in Tesco: the 3V "online shopping" cards and the silver "Gospendit" cards.

NS&I used to be available for 3V and was very lucrative given that 3Vs have no fee. However, this loophole was closed some time ago. The silver gospendit cards do work on NS&I, but carry a £3.95 fee.

Apart from Tesco gift cards.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by obiterdictum
I'm having success with the well known device that begins with Z. (Not spelling it out to avoid Google flagging it up in searches as FT is well indexed.)

0% fees help too.

I'm keeping the amounts sensible (four figures p/month) but it does requires a trusted third party.
Did you get shut down yet?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by haasha
Apart from Tesco gift cards.
Originally Posted by StephenC

Can you user Tesco Gift Cards to buy GoSpendIt cards?

SF
Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by shadowfixer
Can you user Tesco Gift Cards to buy GoSpendIt cards?

SF
I don't know it for sure but I think you cannot use Tesco gift cards to buy another gift cards.

Even if you could, what would be the point? There is no added value, just extra hassle. Unless your colleagues give you too many Tesco gift cards as birthday presents.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club (Gold); BAEC (Blue)
Even if you could, what would be the point? There is no added value, just extra hassle. Unless your colleagues give you too many Tesco gift cards as birthday presents.
MightyDeals offer £10 gift card for £5 recently.

Some people have many gift cards.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:59 am

I don't know it for sure but I think you cannot use Tesco gift cards to buy another gift cards.

I can get a 6% corporate discount on tesco gift cards

Which would offset the cost of cashing out the other card...

SF
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match

SF
That's pretty sweet. Who's that with/through?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by ThePlumber
MightyDeals offer £10 gift card for £5 recently.

Some people have many gift cards.

SF
Aha, that would make sense. Gift card faq does not say you cannot use it for other gift cards, but I can imagine that some cashiers will come up with a rule stating otherwise. Real or not, it'll be trouble.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:50 am

Aha, that would make sense. Gift card faq does not say you cannot use it for other gift cards, but I can imagine that some cashiers will come up with a rule stating otherwise. Real or not, it'll be trouble.
Fairy Nuff...

You are right it could be painful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.