Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Originally Posted by StephenC
Anything better at this point in time? Sadly I missed out on the NS&I. I just got Amex Gold and may want to do a bit of MS to reach the £2000 spend if I find myself short by the third month.
Easiest and cheapest way is forward spending rather than manufactured spending, i.e. Buy yourself a Tesco/Sainsbury/Asda/... gift card for £500 and use it for future shopping.

The best manufactured spending routes are not often shared as others have said!
Old May 6, 2014, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by stevejnr
Easiest and cheapest way is forward spending rather than manufactured spending, i.e. Buy yourself a Tesco/Sainsbury/Asda/... gift card for £500 and use it for future shopping.

The best manufactured spending routes are not often shared as others have said!
Failing that if you have Tesco spend X get Y off vouchers, you can use those in conjunction with GSI's that can be paid straight into NS&I.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: Amex Plat; BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by flashware
Failing that if you have Tesco spend X get Y off vouchers, you can use those in conjunction with GSI's that can be paid straight into NS&I.
These are the silver VISA gift cards? Is the logic that the helping hand vouchers essentially pay for the fee to transfer into NS&I?
Old May 6, 2014, 9:12 am

These are the silver VISA gift cards? Is the logic that the helping hand vouchers essentially pay for the fee to transfer into NS&I?
Basically, yes ^
Old May 12, 2014, 8:47 am

Can VISA pre-paid cards be paid into ANY current account or only NS&I?
Old May 12, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: A Club Plat, IHG Plat, CC Gold, A3 Blue
Originally Posted by anon6969
Can VISA pre-paid cards be paid into ANY current account or only NS&I?
If you're talking about the GSIs - the silver ones sold in Tesco, Boots etc. - the easiest way to get the cash out of them is using NS&I.
Theoretically, according to the Ts&Cs, you can get a refund of the money on them to any bank account by calling them, but this did not work for me when I tried. I decided not to pursue it any further and paid them in to NS&I - just be aware that if you do decide to go down that route it may cause you hassle and you have to speak to them on the phone - compared to 10 seconds max per card to type the no. into NS&I and the same again a few days later to move it to your bank account.
I haven't tried them with any other bank accounts that accept DC deposits, though that may be an alternative.
Old May 27, 2014, 4:21 am

Do you have to register the cards with the Visa website before using them on NS&I?
Old May 27, 2014, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by anon6969
Do you have to register the cards with the Visa website before using them on NS&I?
It works fine without registering.
Old May 29, 2014, 4:55 am

Thanks dude.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:56 am

Does it normally take a very long time to withdraw from NS&I? I think it's been about 2 weeks and the money still hasn't reached my bank account.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Does it normally take a very long time to withdraw from NS&I? I think it's been about 2 weeks and the money still hasn't reached my bank account.
That's too long. From memory it took no longer than a week from setting the withdrawal to receiving the money in my bank account.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold, British Airways Executive Club
Normally takes between 6 and 7 working days.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:30 pm

IIRC it should be about 3 working days.

Last edited by Holdcroft; Jun 3, 2014 at 2:25 pm
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:00 pm

Something's definitely gone wrong with mine then. Do I call NS&I to sort this out?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Something's definitely gone wrong with mine then. Do I call NS&I to sort this out?
Is this your first ever NS&I transfer? Check the account details you used on the transfer. Maybe call NS&I first, but I imagine you will also need to speak to your bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.