Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:03 am

I’m now confused as to what the purpose of this forum thread is about. I appreciate the tone in which ‘The Plumber’ has written his posts; a fresh breath of maturity in my opinion. I for one will be PM’ing him with the hope of learning something I don’t know now.

Hopefully to generate some new conversation / thoughts – I’ve been doing well with the AMEX linked to Trip Advisor, Hilton Spend offer that’s netting me £50 per week. I’m playing with what I could maximise with that £50 e.g. purchasing 53.95 cards or the various fees with clubbing of 3V cards together and cashing out ….. all generating CC points. Or alternatively depositing minimal opening fees ………trying to open researched / prospective online accounts that replace NS&I.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
I guess buying fee based visa card from Tesco + Gold AMEX in first year with 2X MR + Tesco 20p of fuel + spitting out some helping hands + Tesco mail in vouchers, spend £100 get £10 off, works out the most easy/sustainable semi MS nowadays?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by JSXOX1
I

Hopefully to generate some new conversation / thoughts – I’ve been doing well with the AMEX linked to Trip Advisor, Hilton Spend offer that’s netting me £50 per week. I’m playing with what I could maximise with that £50 e.g. purchasing 53.95 cards or the various fees with clubbing of 3V cards together and cashing out ….. all generating CC points. Or alternatively depositing minimal opening fees ………trying to open researched / prospective online accounts that replace NS&I.
The former is certainly easier than the latter - I've yet to find an account that takes deposits via 3V. It's probably not going to happen now that they've recoded themselves.

At least with the £50 from TA you're able to get 1,800cc points for free.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Steve Oh
I'll assume you're being sarcastic.
Why? It would be cool to get 30k Avios a month. What am I missing?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club (Gold); BAEC (Blue)
I have even less interest, but am starting to feel sorry for them, and the fact they're unable to think outside even the most transparent of boxes - even more so when the most simple and easiest way of 30,000 Avios/Flying miles PLUS, per month is staring hem right on the face!
Out of curiousity, what value do you attach to 1 Avios / Flying Mile?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:24 am

Depends on the airline, airport, class and destination - but as a rule of thumb, not a great deal. I have over 500k of each, and am earning them faster than I can spend them, even with one holiday a month!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by anon6969
Why? It would be cool to get 30k Avios a month. What am I missing?
The whole point of my post.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
The whole point of my post.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
I go away for a few days and come back to see the monthly bout of freeloaders vs the world

Anyone for baked beans?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
I go away for a few days and come back to see the monthly bout of freeloaders vs the world

Anyone for baked beans?
Monthly ? You must be away a lot.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JSXOX1
I’m now confused as to what the purpose of this forum thread is about. I appreciate the tone in which ‘The Plumber’ has written his posts; a fresh breath of maturity in my opinion. I for one will be PM’ing him with the hope of learning something I don’t know now.

Sorry, what's the offer with tripadvisor? I know there was a £5 offer last year. What is the offer now?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
It's clear that compared to the US, the UK is pretty barren when it comes to outstanding MS opportunities. The fact that this thread doesn't appear to have any recognised, repeatable methods, is testimony to that.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by flieduk
Sorry, what's the offer with tripadvisor? I know there was a £5 offer last year. What is the offer now?
https://sync.americanexpress.co.uk/tripadvisor
Chris
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by sinizter
Monthly ? You must be away a lot.
Monthly as in Aprils
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion

Anyone for baked beans?
How about castor beans...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.