Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club (Gold); BAEC (Blue)
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Probably not, but I'll bet they both come from the same issuer and are equally useless if you've got the right cards in your wallet in the first place.
You are obviously entitled to your own opinion - everybody has their own, as well as their own goals and objectives in this game.

A number of people earlier in this thread were asking for information about this card - I have that information and am prepared to help.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by ThePlumber
You are obviously entitled to your own opinion - everybody has their own, as well as their own goals and objectives in this game.

A number of people earlier in this thread were asking for information about this card - I have that information and am prepared to help.
Except you're not offering to help, you're asking for a trade. My opinion is that you're asking for something incredibly valuable (a working 3V cash out method on the scale of NS&I is effectively the Holy Grail of MS) and what you're offering is something which I (and many others on this thread) don't consider of any great value.

Plus you're completely unknown here having only 3 posts on the forum, so it's not a huge surprise to me that you haven't had a huge response on this forum.

In other news, if anyone wants to give me a £20 note, I'd be happy to send you a picture of a wild goose. You can tie it to a piece of string and chase it to your heart's content.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
I successfully paid £600 of £20 coins from The Royal Mint into HSBC in 3 separate transactions.
I have tried 2 different HSBC branches in London to deposit just 1x £20 coin, but both told me that the £20 coin is not on their list and they could not take it...
Did you deposit them at the normal counter and they just took them without any fuss? Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:02 am

Except you're not offering to help, you're asking for a trade.
Correct, I am asking for a trade - that appears to be the direction in which this thread is moving. Previous comments were suggesting that information be exchanged via PM, so as prevent the leechers from closing down some of these 'loopholes'. This is exactly what I am doing.

My opinion is that you're asking for something incredibly valuable (a working 3V cash out method on the scale of NS&I is effectively the Holy Grail of MS) and what you're offering is something which I (and many others on this thread) don't consider of any great value.
I'm not asking for a cash out method on the scale of NS&I - although that would be marvellous!

As I said previously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Whilst you may not consider what I am offering to be valuable, I certainly consider the ability to simultaneously earn rewards from two credit cards against a single transaction to be so - others presumably do too, hence the requests in early February in this thread for more information after Raffles mentioned it.

The number of PMs in my inbox suggests that people are actually very interested!

This is manufactured spend in its simplest form - each financial transaction is effectively duplicated, allowing the cardholder to benefit from two sets of rewards on each purchase.

Plus you're completely unknown here having only 3 posts on the forum, so it's not a huge surprise to me that you haven't had a huge response on this forum.
The whole point was that I was asking for PMs, so as you say, its not surprising there are not many posts! I can understand your reluctance to trust an unknown user - unfortunately, although having being a lurker here for two or three years, I've never had anything valuable to contribute previously. I am firmly a believer of not posting 'noise' within the forums, which take the threads to unmanageable lengths.

In other news, if anyone wants to give me a £20 note, I'd be happy to send you a picture of a wild goose. You can tie it to a piece of string and chase it to your heart's content.
I am afraid that your offer is not tempting in the slightest - I would much rather concentrate on finding new ways to generate manufactured spend, which is the purpose of this thread and precisely what I am offering.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
I have tried 2 different HSBC branches in London to deposit just 1x £20 coin, but both told me that the £20 coin is not on their list and they could not take it...
I have always found Barclays to be the most accommodating with regard to £20 and £5 coins.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:21 am

Sharing sensitive information via PM can be useful.

There is also a lot to be said for collaborative problem solving.

So...

Does anybody know anything about Bitcoins?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by ThePlumber
This is manufactured spend in its simplest form - each financial transaction is effectively duplicated, allowing the cardholder to benefit from two sets of rewards on each purchase.
Not even slightly MS. It's double dipping.

The number of PMers just shows that this thread is nothing more than a holding tank for those aforementioned lurkers, leechers and vultures.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Did you deposit them at the normal counter and they just took them without any fuss? Thanks
I've done it 5 times in 3 different branches, over-the-counter as you would with any transaction. Each time they checked some sort of list to ensure the coins were legal tender and then accepted them. Last time I didn't even unwrap the £20 coins from the Royal Mint packaging, I just gave them straight out of the Royal Mint envelope. I usually tell the staff that they were gifts but I need to use the money now.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 21H21J
Not even slightly MS. It's double dipping.

The number of PMers just shows that this thread is nothing more than a holding tank for those aforementioned lurkers, leechers and vultures.
This.

The fact that people are so interested is because they think it's some magical gateway to printing miles. If someone actually sat and took the time to explain that even by double dipping with this particular card you can get better regards from paying with an alternative reward card and not double dipping, they'd almost certainly be less interested.

I, however, have little interest in spoon feeding anyone anymore, due to the speed in which any ideas are leeched by bloggers/PTSers/General hangers-on.

Here's an image which represents 99% of the people reading this board these days.

Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by luckyjim
Sharing sensitive information via PM can be useful.

There is also a lot to be said for collaborative problem solving.

So...

Does anybody know anything about Bitcoins?
Acquired 'some' early last year, sold them December, albeit 2 weeks earlier than I should have.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:10 am

And the other 1%
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:14 am

I, however, have little interest in spoon feeding anyone anymore, due to the speed in which any ideas are leeched by bloggers/PTSers/General hangers-on.
I have even less interest, but am starting to feel sorry for them, and the fact they're unable to think outside even the most transparent of boxes - even more so when the most simple and easiest way of 30,000 Avios/Flying miles PLUS, per month is staring hem right on the face!

If people put a bit more effort in then certain other people might be willing to help more!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Steve Oh
I have even less interest, but am starting to feel sorry for them, and the fact they're unable to think outside even the most transparent of boxes - even more so when the most simple and easiest way of 30,000 Avios/Flying miles PLUS, per month is staring hem right on the face!

If people put a bit more effort in then certain other people might be willing to help more!
How do you do that?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by anon6969
How do you do that?
If 1%er then, else
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by anon6969
How do you do that?
I'll assume you're being sarcastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.