Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Is anyone else facing a drought of 3v cards at Tesco? My local has been out of stock for at least 3 weeks...
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by smala01
Is anyone else facing a drought of 3v cards at Tesco? My local has been out of stock for at least 3 weeks...
Plenty at the West Cromwell Road Superstore I visited yesterday.

Chris
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by evapor8
Plenty at the West Cromwell Road Superstore I visited yesterday.

Chris
Well at least good to know they haven't been pulled!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: A Club Plat, IHG Plat, CC Gold, A3 Blue
Manufactured Spend UK

I've noticed a change to the Boots Giftcard terms and conditions saying that it cannot be used to purchase other giftcards - has anyone had any experience recently with whether they can still buy 3V cards in Boots with a Boots giftcard?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by takke
I've noticed a change to the Boots Giftcard terms and conditions saying that it cannot be used to purchase other giftcards - has anyone had any experience recently with whether they can still buy 3V cards in Boots with a Boots giftcard?
My experience recently is a bit like Tesco money off voucher, it depends on the shop assistant.

I went in to 2 different shops the other day. Both assistants checked with their managers, and one manager allowed me to purchase with the gift card but the other not..

Most of them will still happy to process it without questioning, but more and more assistants starts saying they are not sure if I can use Boots gift card to purchase other gift cards, but they will try or ask...where in the past, they never question it..
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:54 am

3V website seems to be erroring out at the moment; hopefully it's just maintenance
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by flashware
3V website seems to be erroring out at the moment; hopefully it's just maintenance
... and looks to be back up now ^
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: A Club Plat, IHG Plat, CC Gold, A3 Blue
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
My experience recently is a bit like Tesco money off voucher, it depends on the shop assistant.

I went in to 2 different shops the other day. Both assistants checked with their managers, and one manager allowed me to purchase with the gift card but the other not..

Most of them will still happy to process it without questioning, but more and more assistants starts saying they are not sure if I can use Boots gift card to purchase other gift cards, but they will try or ask...where in the past, they never question it..
Ok, thanks, it's good to know that at least it isn't hard coded into the till system.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:45 pm

This is first post here, so bare with me.
I've spent the last 5 days reading through all the posts all on here and 3 things have truck me.
- 1. It is important to read everything before you do anything, as I did'nt realize that 3V and NSandI was shut down
- 2. You have all missed out something very obvious
- 3. Nobody ever thinks outside the box.

A few of yous have gotten close, but nobody seems to have struck it.
I'm not going to post it on hear as it would seems that's not the done thing, but I'm happy to exchange information.
Obviously you don't know me from Adam and would be scpetical about giving me information without anything in return back to you, so I'm more than happy to give a part of my knowledge first in exhange for a part of your knowledge.

Anybody intersted?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by smala01
No drought in Tesco, but in the local Morrisons stores they are like hens teeth.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, BAPP
Originally Posted by TheCapitan

Anybody interested?
I'm sure we are all interested, as this is like saying you have a money making machine at your disposal. However, why not just keep it quiet and exploit it to the max?

The closest I can get is to recycle 3Vs through either companies with staged payments, like boiler juice, but this costs 1.75 per card as they have a minimum deposit, or gaming firms, which I have yet to try even though I am registered. Keep meaning to try but I keep having to use 3vs for daily expenses. I suppose we could just list all institutions and tick off each one that doesn't work if we wanted to go about this methodically.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
I've spent the last 5 days reading through all the posts all on here and 3 things have truck me.
- 1. It is important to read everything before you do anything, as I did'nt realize that 3V and NSandI was shut down

I'm not going to post it on hear as it would seems that's not the done thing, but I'm happy to exchange information.
Obviously you don't know me from Adam and would be scpetical about giving me information without anything in return back to you, so I'm more than happy to give a part of my knowledge first in exhange for a part of your knowledge.

Anybody intersted?
Bold claims indeed. And as for nobody thinking outside of the box, be absoultely certain that 99% of the good information isnt shared here publicly.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody intersted?
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

You didn't realize that 3V->NS&I had been closed but we've missed something obvious?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Obviously you don't know me from Adam ?
I don't know Adam.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by tangey
I don't know Adam.
Sure you do. Eve's boyfriend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.