Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even though I stagger my purchases, for the second time several batches of Chase GCs came all at once today. Worse, I had to go play Ultimate and by the time I was done it was too late to go to WM to turn some of them into MOs. I don't like having so many at once. I'll rise early and go to WM before work, I guess.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Yes, this happened to me once also. I was loading $1000 onto BB at the Money Center using debit cards. Although I've done the exact same type of transaction previously, one clerk asked for my ID. I was surprised, and told her that this had not even been needed before. Her answer was this was WalMart policy, and that it was nothing new.
I feel better now, are you still loading GCs in the same WM? I only do it once a week 1k max, not an abuser.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ftmember99
I feel better now, are you still loading GCs in the same WM? I only do it once a week 1k max, not an abuser.
Yes, still using GCs at Wal-Mart. No problems with the cashiers (although I haven't loaded a lot to Bluebird since this happened - I'm maxed for this month and will start again on Sept 1). If I see that same rep at the Money Center, I'll just walk away and try a cashier. Kiosk at my local WM is always broken, so I have to use a person.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Even though I stagger my purchases, for the second time several batches of Chase GCs came all at once today. Worse, I had to go play Ultimate and by the time I was done it was too late to go to WM to turn some of them into MOs. I don't like having so many at once. I'll rise early and go to WM before work, I guess.
Why not? I got through 19 the other day in one visit... or, my friend did for me actually
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Why not? I got through 19 the other day in one visit... or, my friend did for me actually
Well GC are quite like cash. I wouldn't have that on me going to Wammy. Fang might be buying some non-sympathetic locals to scare you out of the jungle.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:06 pm

I just got the Chase Hyatt Visa with a 1k spend req. Is it ok if I go ahead and buy two $500 gc's as my first two purchase on this card? Or would that be suspicious?

Otherwise, I'll go out and make 5-10 purchases before buying the gc's...
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by wholeinone04
I just got the Chase Hyatt Visa with a 1k spend req. Is it ok if I go ahead and buy two $500 gc's as my first two purchase on this card? Or would that be suspicious?

Otherwise, I'll go out and make 5-10 purchases before buying the gc's...
The normal response is to do what you feel comfortable with. It's never the same for anyone. I bought a VR at CVS and then ordered CGC with my latest Chase card in the same day. I have a long history with Chase and 9 cards, so I don't worry that much about it. But it's never a bad idea to have a good amount of other transactions mixed in to avoid scrutiny.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:05 pm

Chase GC to meet minimum spend?

Hi all,

First off, I apologize if this has already been discussed at length.

I have been purchasing Chase GC with my CSP for a while now w/o any issues. Yesterday, my Chase MileagePlus Explorer app was approved. With a second Chase Card, I am aware I can purchase another $2,600 worth of Chase GC's, but would it be advisable to meet my minimum spending through these purchases? It doesn't seem as if Chase is really frowning on the GC purchases but I wanted to inquire with other people who have much more experience with MS.

(FWIW, nearly all of my GC's are converted to MO's to pay off student debt).
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:07 pm

And immediately after I posted that, I see the topic above focuses on the same issue. I guess I can reword the question to make it MileagePlus Explorer specific but I apologize for being redundant.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by tnm5041
I have been purchasing Chase GC with my CSP for a while now w/o any issues. Yesterday, my Chase MileagePlus Explorer app was approved. With a second Chase Card, I am aware I can purchase another $2,600 worth of Chase GC's, but would it be advisable to meet my minimum spending through these purchases? It doesn't seem as if Chase is really frowning on the GC purchases but I wanted to inquire with other people who have much more experience with MS.
Personally, I would start with some "regular" spending before putting $2,600 CGC charges onto a brand new account, but it's up to you and you'll probably be fine just jumping right into it. I haven't seen any definitive evidence that someone has been shut down solely because of CGC "abuse;" there's a $2,600 limit for a reason.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:52 pm
Suspended

I play it save and go no more than $2500 per card each month. I have 5 chase cards, but I only do $2500 x 2 cards per month. Every now and then I alternate one of the cards.

My problem is the 5K cap on the bird cash reloads. If anyone knows of some clever way to get more than 5K onto the bird/month, please post.

I don't think they will care about how you met the minimum spend but I would just throw in some regular spending as well, just to be safe.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
If anyone knows of some clever way to get more than 5K onto the bird/month, please post.
I'd also love to put more than 5K per month onto BB. I called AmEx and asked if there was any way to have a BB business account. I could do some very legitimate business spending on bluebird checks. Right now the answer is no, but the rep told me that they have heard that suggestion and are considering business accounts for the future.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:42 pm
Suspended

I play it save and go no more than $2500 per card each month. I have 5 chase cards, but I only do $2500 x 2 cards per month. Every now and then I alternate one of the cards.

My problem is the 5K cap on the bird cash reloads. If anyone knows of some clever way to get more than 5K onto the bird/month, please post.

I don't think they will care about how you met the minimum spend but I would just throw in some regular spending as well, just to be safe.
Its getting harder but why not go the MO route for the > $5k
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: All of em...

Also it's $2,500/day loading on GoBank if you can get approved/get a card. I can't get them to accept my Google Voice #. Weird
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:34 pm
Suspended

@ x712xdamx:

I assume you load at one of the free ATM locations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.