Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
How do you expect the economy to keep running if you don't? We need the statistics on consumer spending to go UP. These statistics are used for very important purposes. So do something good for your country, please. But remember the limits so you don't get shut down.
This is the problem, we Americans think a little is good so A LOT MORE is better and do not know when to stop... People can justify 80K a month without skipping a beat and then wonder why they had been shut down...
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
This is the problem, we Americans think a little is good so A LOT MORE is better and do not know when to stop... People can justify 80K a month without skipping a beat and then wonder why they had been shut down...
Only some people.

Everyone is free to assume their own level of risk. Most do not choose an extreme level.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Aug 23, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Americans? It's a pretty common attitude throughout the First World.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:14 pm

Only some people.

Everyone is free to assume their own level of risk. Most do not choose an extreme level.
Well what cracks me up is the notion that the worst consequence is a shut down or maybe a HIGC-type temp freeze on liquidity. Then I read about some of the MO/bank amounts and imagine some high roller, happy as a clam about his free first class round-the-world trip, until the last leg: Denied re-entry. Oops.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:53 pm

I hope this hasn't been answered yet but I did a search...

I noticed in the Bluebird FAQ that states we can only load $1,000 a month through debit cards, which I am under the assumption that the Chase GC cards are viewed as. Is this something you guys have been experiencing? I just bought a ton of Chase GCs and now I wish I read the FAQ before doing so
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by thesolution
I hope this hasn't been answered yet but I did a search...

I noticed in the Bluebird FAQ that states we can only load $1,000 a month through debit cards, which I am under the assumption that the Chase GC cards are viewed as. Is this something you guys have been experiencing? I just bought a ton of Chase GCs and now I wish I read the FAQ before doing so
Welcome to FT thesolution!

I assume you're looking here at "Fees and Limits".

Add Funds
[...]
*Debit Card(s) (in aggregate)
Up to $100 per transaction
$100 per day; and
$1,000 per month*

Cash (includes Swipe Reload and InComm Vanilla Reload Packs)
$1,000 per day
$5,000 per month
In short, it has been answered: the "Cash" limit applies for swipe reloads of Chase GC (debit cards) at Walmart. ^
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: All of em...
Anybody tried paying down all their Chase cards at once with Walmart bill pay on these Chase Gift cards? Aka.....like $9,000+?

Just wondering if there's data points or warnings before I go tomorrow
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:56 pm

Tried to buy a $500 chase gift card, kept on getting the message 'mailing address is wrong' repeat 3 times.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Anybody tried paying down all their Chase cards at once with Walmart bill pay on these Chase Gift cards? Aka.....like $9,000+?

Just wondering if there's data points or warnings before I go tomorrow
Not advisable. Best to keep each transaction under 2500 to avoid being added to "the list".
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by SGJazz
Not advisable. Best to keep each transaction under 2500 to avoid being added to "the list".
I've got 4 separate credit cards to pay.
Couldn't I do a $2k bill pay to one... end of transaction. Then do another $2k bill pay to another bill, and continue like that?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:59 pm

I've got 4 separate credit cards to pay.
Couldn't I do a $2k bill pay to one... end of transaction. Then do another $2k bill pay to another bill, and continue like that?
You should be fine splitting it up.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:13 pm

You should be fine splitting it up.
Cool, thanks.
bills haven't posted yet for 3 of 4 cards, so I'm just gonna do a $2k billpay, $2k money orders, and $1k bluebird.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:16 pm

Cool, thanks.
bills haven't posted yet for 3 of 4 cards, so I'm just gonna do a $2k billpay, $2k money orders, and $1k bluebird.
That's a very familiar combo, I usually add a 1k load to GB as well.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:22 pm

That's a very familiar combo, I usually add a 1k load to GB as well.
Don't have one!
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Only some people.

This is proably true, but we all know in this hobby there are two schools of thought, goes balls out or take it slow and easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.