Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Welcome to FT thesolution!

I assume you're looking here at "Fees and Limits".

In short, it has been answered: the "Cash" limit applies for swipe reloads of Chase GC (debit cards) at Walmart. ^
That is awesome. Thanks for the welcome and reassuring info!

Another questions for you wise gentlemen (and ladies), If I were to purchase $2500 worth of GCs from each of my Chase SW cards ($5000 in total), would that throw up any red flags? I don't want to run the risk of getting "blacklisted" by Chase.

Last edited by mia; Aug 26, 2013 at 1:20 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:49 am

Bluebird is $2 per $100 debit load online, which costs $10 per $500 Chase GC. If you value UR points at less than 2:1, you're losing money. Leaving out Walmart, my best cash-out options are USPS money orders and supermarket cashback, assuming this is possible with Chase GCs. I'll soon find out.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by thesolution
Another questions for you wise gentlemen (and ladies), If I were to purchase $2500 worth of GCs from each of my Chase SW cards ($5000 in total), would that throw up any red flags? I don't want to run the risk of getting "blacklisted" by Chase.
If these are your first chase cards, you're somewhat asking for it. I would spread purchases out Pay some bills, pay for some groceries, then add in some CGC purchases.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by st.exupery
...my best cash-out options are USPS money orders...assuming this is possible with Chase GCs. I'll soon find out.
Don't waste your time it won't work.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by st.exupery
Bluebird is $2 per $100 debit load online, which costs $10 per $500 Chase GC. If you value UR points at less than 2:1, you're losing money. Leaving out Walmart, my best cash-out options are USPS money orders and supermarket cashback, assuming this is possible with Chase GCs. I'll soon find out.
Before you get destroyed on this thread... let me help. That Bluebird limit is for ONLINE loads. You can load it $1k/day, $5k/month at Walmart cash registers and their automated machine - for free.

Other than that WM money orders, WM Billpay, & loading GoBank.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
This is proably true, but we all know in this hobby there are two schools of thought, goes balls out or take it slow and easy.
No, I think there are many who are between those two extremes.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
No, I think there are many who are between those two extremes.
And, that is probably a good place to be. Moderate but effective. How's that for a motto.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by SGJazz
And, that is probably a good place to be. Moderate but effective. How's that for a motto.
^^^^^
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA/AA
how about that old ad slogan "we try harder " ?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Slickw
Don't waste your time it won't work.
I haven't tried myself, due to the long running FT statements it won't work.
But the USPS site seems like it should overrule anecdotal experience. Esp. if they have one's name on the card. I'll give it a try next week and report back.
It'd cost $0.90 more than WM MOs, but worthwhile to mix it up a bit... in my case, post office is two blocks from work; WMs are all a 10-15 minute drive.

https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm

Domestic & International Money Orders

A safe and cost-effective way to pay—from any Post Office™.
Money Order Features
Postal Money Orders are…
Always valid—they never expire.
Available in values up to $1,000 each if sending within the United States and $700 each if sending abroad.
Cashable in 29 countries.
Which countries?
Can also be cashed or negotiated at your bank and other financial institutions.
May be replaceable if damaged, lost, or stolen. Just hold on to your purchase receipt.
What do money orders cost?
$0.01 to $500.00 .......................$1.20
$500.01 to $1,000.00 ................$1.60
Postal Military Money Orders…..$0.35 (issued by military facilities)
International Money Orders…… $4.50
What do you need to buy one?
Cash, debit card, or traveler's check for payment.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Failure

I tried a few days ago, GC for MO. After 'deer in the headlights' look from clerk and a lot of button pushing, no good. I won't make a blanket statement of no MO for GC at USPS, but I'd say you need the right clerk. Good luck.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:51 pm

I've done 2k X 2 on each of my Chase SW cards with no problems. YMMV
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Build up to it, first month, buy 1K total off both cards, then 1.5K, then 2K So a trend to chase,, then you shouldn't have a problem. I keep saying this, this is a Marathon, not a sprint, of course we want all the miles as quickly as possible, but of you are slow and steady you shouldn't have a problem.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: Several dozen
2.5 x 7 with well-seasoned cards with some other transactions thrown in.

Originally Posted by marble123
I've done 2k X 2 on each of my Chase SW cards with no problems. YMMV
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:32 pm

I do 2.5X6 as that is the most I can liquidate across the 3 bluebirds my immediate family has. I've had no issues. I also have tons of legitimate spending on my accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.