Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by marble123
I've done 2k X 2 on each of my Chase SW cards with no problems. YMMV
For how long have you done this for?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Build up to it, first month, buy 1K total off both cards, then 1.5K, then 2K So a trend to chase,, then you shouldn't have a problem. I keep saying this, this is a Marathon, not a sprint, of course we want all the miles as quickly as possible, but of you are slow and steady you shouldn't have a problem.
I've done 2600 on each card for 4 months now with not a peep from Chase.

Given that the fee-waived aspect could change at any time, I'd argue that this is not at all a marathon situation. More like a get-while-the-getting-is-good situation.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:21 am

I have used 3/6 Chase Credit Cards. Started in July with $2500 each month per card. I rarely have any other spending on Freedom card except for CGC.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Diamond
I have just been dipping my toe in the water with the Chase GCs. I was just wondering for those that are buying large quantities each month, if you are saying buying 2.5K on a card, are you doing it all at once or spreading it throughout the month?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by FlyingCOS
I have just been dipping my toe in the water with the Chase GCs. I was just wondering for those that are buying large quantities each month, if you are saying buying 2.5K on a card, are you doing it all at once or spreading it throughout the month?

All at once for me. However, on one card of $2500 on lst of month, then the other two around the middle of the month a week apart
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by metoo
All at once for me. However, on one card of $2500 on lst of month, then the other two around the middle of the month a week apart
Same here. 10x
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
A anyone with and INK put more than 2.5K a month on it when counting AUs?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
You can only place 2600/m per card. Doesn't matter how many AU are on the card.. It's right in the T&C...
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
You can only place 2600/m per card. Doesn't matter how many AU are on the card.. It's right in the T&C...
I don't have any AUs but you do know don't you that the AU for INK is very unlike the AU for Personal CCs, and thusly each INK AU s/b able to get another $2600. Only problem is the CL stays the same combined for all the cards linked to the INK
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Yes, our Ink Plus account has 2 cards with different account numbers, one for my wife and one for me. Bought $2500 for each account last month (for the first time) with no issues. This was a new account, by the way, and this helped us hit the spend requirement. We also had about $1500 regular spend on those cards that first month.

Have decided to play it more conservatively this month, however, after reading the few reports on FT (in different threads) about Chase shutdowns. So this month I purchased $2500 more on my wife's account (she is the primary cardholder for this account and I'm the employee). Will hold off on my card until probably next month. And we are still putting some regular spend on the Ink Plus as well. No issues so far.

I have also resurrected some of my non-used Chase cards. Now putting some regular spend each month on Marriott and Priority Club cards. Both of these had been in the drawer for some time because I usually prefer to earn U.R. points.

Bottom line: Chase is winning. Almost all of our spend now is going onto Chase cards. The only other card getting used sometimes is the SPG account (I recently used over 80K SPG to reserve a hotel in Venice for next year, so I would love to replenish the SPG points, but this will have to wait). Citi is in the drawer. B of A is in the drawer.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Got four gift cards today in the mail. 500 each.

When I called to activate, it says the status is unknown when I put any of the card numbers and that it will direct me to a customer service representative. Thats never happened to me before. I used the wife's credit card so I cant call in myself. That was just odd. Usually I can just call, activate, set up a new pin number and that would be all.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Got four gift cards today in the mail. 500 each.

When I called to activate, it says the status is unknown when I put any of the card numbers and that it will direct me to a customer service representative. Thats never happened to me before. I used the wife's credit card so I cant call in myself. That was just odd. Usually I can just call, activate, set up a new pin number and that would be all.
same happened to me yesterday, after few attempts it worked, I think some glitch in the system
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Yes, our Ink Plus account has 2 cards with different account numbers, one for my wife and one for me. Bought $2500 for each account last month (for the first time) with no issues. This was a new account, by the way, and this helped us hit the spend requirement. We also had about $1500 regular spend on those cards that first month.

Have decided to play it more conservatively this month, however, after reading the few reports on FT (in different threads) about Chase shutdowns. So this month I purchased $2500 more on my wife's account (she is the primary cardholder for this account and I'm the employee). Will hold off on my card until probably next month. And we are still putting some regular spend on the Ink Plus as well. No issues so far.

I have also resurrected some of my non-used Chase cards. Now putting some regular spend each month on Marriott and Priority Club cards. Both of these had been in the drawer for some time because I usually prefer to earn U.R. points.

Bottom line: Chase is winning. Almost all of our spend now is going onto Chase cards. The only other card getting used sometimes is the SPG account (I recently used over 80K SPG to reserve a hotel in Venice for next year, so I would love to replenish the SPG points, but this will have to wait). Citi is in the drawer. B of A is in the drawer.
I essentially only use Chase cards - month after month and also do 2500 a month on all of them. Where did you hear of shutdown? For what reason?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by raccah
I essentially only use Chase cards - month after month and also do 2500 a month on all of them. Where did you hear of shutdown? For what reason?
In this thread, go back to post 1262. Keep reading beyond that - there are quite a few later comments.

You may also want to read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...erk-abuse.html

It's all about hogs versus pigs. There is an old saying: "Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." Usually I hear that expression when people are talking about taking income tax deductions. There's another expression about flying under the radar. These sayings may also apply to dealings with Chase.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:39 pm

In the Wiki it states:

Chase Gift Cards:
$2600 per rolling 30 day period PER chase card
So if I'm understanding it correctly, the last GC I purchase on a particular Chase card that reaches $2600 for that month, say on the 15th of August. I wouldn't be able to purchase anymore until at least the 15th of September, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.