Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have 1K left of chase GC, which I can not load on a BB card, The BB card in questions has 1K left before hitting it's 5K limit, I have been having this issue now for a week.. Just throwing this out there.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I have 1K left of chase GC, which I can not load on a BB card, The BB card in questions has 1K left before hitting it's 5K limit, I have been having this issue now for a week.. Just throwing this out there.
What issue?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Any more details? How long have you had the CGC's? Any chance there was an activation problem, PIN issue, etc? I assume you've checked but mention it just in case. IIRC this was a broad issue earlier this month. Have you tried at both the kiosk and with a person?

I loaded a CGC to BB yesterday at a kiosk with no problem. I have a couple more that I plan on loading to GoBank tonight.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
Originally Posted by wmonty67
Has anyone accidentally bill payed a credit card that has a zero balance?
You can request a check once the credit hits your account. Just call the number listed on the back of the card. Sometimes you can even do it automatically without speaking to anyone. Or you can leave the credit to offset your next round of GC purchases.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Any more details? How long have you had the CGC's? Any chance there was an activation problem, PIN issue, etc? I assume you've checked but mention it just in case. IIRC this was a broad issue earlier this month. Have you tried at both the kiosk and with a person?

I loaded a CGC to BB yesterday at a kiosk with no problem. I have a couple more that I plan on loading to GoBank tonight.
I had them for 2 weeks, I was able to buy a MO with them with the PIN I setup. In regards to loading at the kiosk, the kiosk at the WM I go to been broken for a week, So both time I tried was at the costumer service center. Just as others have reported, I would get the approval on the pin pad, but a small receipt would print out saying "Debit not authorized." I guess we get to see what happened in a couple of days,
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:59 pm

I had them for 2 weeks, I was able to buy a MO with them with the PIN I setup. In regards to loading at the kiosk, the kiosk at the WM I go to been broken for a week, So both time I tried was at the costumer service center. Just as others have reported, I would get the approval on the pin pad, but a small receipt would print out saying "Debit not authorized." I guess we get to see what happened in a couple of days,

I just rem it happ to me as well. The kiosk gave me that error whereas I was able to load bb at the cashier. And the chase gc was on my name whereas I was trying to load a family member's card. Interesting! Maybe there's something to a different name + kiosk.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tsmith12
I just rem it happ to me as well. The kiosk gave me that error whereas I was able to load bb at the cashier. And the chase gc was on my name whereas I was trying to load a family member's card. Interesting! Maybe there's something to a different name + kiosk.
The issue is I could not load them on a BB card at the Kiosk or customer service, and the BB card has 1K left on it. But I could buy MO with the same chase GC.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:26 pm

The issue is I could not load them on a BB card at the Kiosk or customer service, and the BB card has 1K left on it. But I could buy MO with the same chase GC.
Strange. Did you happen to load on 7/31 by any chance? Maybe you have already met the 5K/mo? I know when I looked at my transactions history, it seemed like I hadn't met my 5k but the 7/31 load was being counted towards Aug. Have you tried loading on to that BB acct using another gc?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I've been having oodles of trouble, too. Very hit or miss-- today, Kate out sick, again, and tried one CGC at the counter for a money order. "Debit not approved". Last time this happened to me it was because the BB was fed and once I swiped the card, they seem to go stale, even for MO's. I went home, set a new pin, and they worked just fine the next round. That's my plan again today-- reset pin and try try again..
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Strange. Did you happen to load on 7/31 by any chance? Maybe you have already met the 5K/mo? I know when I looked at my transactions history, it seemed like I hadn't met my 5k but the 7/31 load was being counted towards Aug. Have you tried loading on to that BB acct using another gc?
No, did not load on 7-31 if I had it should't be a problem. I'm just finding this a pain.. BTW, at the WM I got my $999.30 MO, I got two MO's one for $950 and the other $49,30. I'll wait till next week to see what happens.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I've been having oodles of trouble, too. Very hit or miss-- today, Kate out sick, again, and tried one CGC at the counter for a money order. "Debit not approved". Last time this happened to me it was because the BB was fed and once I swiped the card, they seem to go stale, even for MO's. I went home, set a new pin, and they worked just fine the next round. That's my plan again today-- reset pin and try try again..
if you are getting MO with them, often it is the cashier doing the wrong thing. BUT if you cannot buy an MO or load BB then you are correct, the pin is likely the issue. One of my WM is horrible with MOs, other is good. both are good with BB although I cannot load at the kiosk. for BB I go to the self checkout and ask the girl to do it at her register. no line

one more week and then I can have fun with more blue plastic!

Last edited by aeneas3; Aug 29, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

I was able to buy MO's these two cards with the PIN that I had set when I got the cards. So it wasn't a PIN issue.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I was able to buy MO's these two cards with the PIN that I had set when I got the cards. So it wasn't a PIN issue.
Try changing the pin and doing it again. It seems like when something is going wrong, it doesn't fix. If I, or the cashier, "ruin" a card-- maybe by too many unsuccessful swipes, then it doesn't fix itself by alternate means (going from the counter to the kiosk or vice versa, waiting 12 minutes, etc).

I have an image of the situation like a bad password when you log in somewhere... a couple of unsuccessful tries and you're locked out for the day. When I whip out a fresh card (of course, there are many more fresh ones in my wallet, hee hee), it seems to work on the first try. But not if the transaction is bogging down already. Everything else goes exponentially down hill from there.

It's a work in progress for me, I figure that sooner or later myself or the FT community will figure it out.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Very strange. Maybe something on the BB end? Have you logged into your account recently to make sure it is ok? I don't have many other ideas, although going the full PIN reset route wouldn't hurt.

I did load 2 CGC's to Gobank tonight at the register with no issue.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Try changing the pin and doing it again. It seems like when something is going wrong, it doesn't fix. If
Now in simple logic, if I could not load them on the BB card, I should not be able to buy MO's with them. I was able to buy MOs with the same PIN as I set.. So it's not the chase cards issue, could be BB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.