Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:38 pm

One more question, when purchasing with chase CC such as chase sapphire preferred, does it earn points for purchasing the chase gift card?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Squeezer
One more question, when purchasing with chase CC such as chase sapphire preferred, does it earn points for purchasing the chase gift card?
Nope, we just think they look cool. For 1600 posts. And you can cut them up and make awesome guitar picks.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Nope, we just think they look cool. For 1600 posts. And you can cut them up and make awesome guitar picks.
Yep, I like to order birthday-themed giftcards so that people will say to me "Happy Birthday!"
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Now Now we are suppose to spoon feed those who can't read these 1600 post, as we are suppose to be nice and civil to those that do not want to educate themselves in this happy..
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Now Now we are suppose to spoon feed those who can't read these 1600 post, as we are suppose to be nice and civil to those that do not want to educate themselves in this happy..
But he might speak the truth! Maybe there are a few people here that get them just cause they look cool or for guitar picks. The extra points is just gravy
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Gammachu
But he might speak the truth! Maybe there are a few people here that get them just cause they look cool or for guitar picks. The extra points is just gravy
I'm one of those that don't care about the points, but sure appreciate a nice cake pic on a piece of plastic, I'm an art junkie or some...
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tommy14
I'm one of those that don't care about the points, but sure appreciate a nice cake pic on a piece of plastic, I'm an art junkie or some...
Great now you let it all out on why we get the chase gift cards!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Gammachu
Wait, we GET points???? I thought they take them away with each purchase
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:44 pm

Forget the points...I need CGCs for my card tower
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
Forget the points...I need CGCs for my card tower
I'll trade you my depleted cards for more points I have a nice variety. Maybe we could do one of those mosaic pictures where each card acts as a pixel

http://www.interbent.com/examples-of...ts-and-crafts/

Edit:
And BTW, I ordered cards across three Chase CCs on Sunday and Monday and they all arrived in SoCal today. Quicker than I have seen previously

Last edited by jasonvr; Aug 30, 2013 at 11:23 pm
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Squeezer
Besides Walmart, what are other inexpensive places that issue Money Orders?
Rite Aid, possibly. In my area they stopped selling money orders, and Greendot cards are cash only. So your best bet might be to follow the lead of the experts and pitch a tent outside of Walmart, or book yourself a room at the Walmart Hotel (and pay with UR points). You can check out anytime . . .
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I've been having oodles of trouble, too. Very hit or miss-- today, Kate out sick, again, and tried one CGC at the counter for a money order. "Debit not approved". Last time this happened to me it was because the BB was fed and once I swiped the card, they seem to go stale, even for MO's. I went home, set a new pin, and they worked just fine the next round. That's my plan again today-- reset pin and try try again..
Likewise, I've been having similar frustrations. Called BB and rep checked to see if there were direct deposits from income sources feeding my acct, then stated something like if there were no direct deposits then debit transactions will not work. Does that make any sense to you? It's not the case w/my BB acct, but if your BB balance is accrued only with VR, perhaps the rep had a point?
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I'll trade you my depleted cards for more points I have a nice variety. Maybe we could do one of those mosaic pictures where each card acts as a pixel

http://www.interbent.com/examples-of...ts-and-crafts/
Well done, sir. Standing ovation!
Old Aug 31, 2013, 1:05 pm

Help!!!

Coming back from vacation after a month, I tried to load Chase Gift Cards into my bluebird account at Walmart. For some reason, it won't go through. It gives an error "Debit Tender not accepted" something like that. I went to Walmart the next day and gets the same error. I never had any such problems in the past. Even my wife is successfully able to load Chase GCs in her bluebird these days. I tried calling Bluebird and they said that it should be something to do with Walmart because in the past, they can only see "Walmart Cash Deposit" in my bluebird account. They don't know anything about these Chase GCs.

Can any helpful poster please help here?

Last edited by cowboyguy; Aug 31, 2013 at 1:55 pm
Old Aug 31, 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
Coming back from vacation after a month, I tried to load Chase Gift Cards into my bluebird account at Walmart. For some reason, it won't go through. It gives an error "Debit Tender not accepted" something like that. I went to Walmart the next day and gets the same error. I never had any such problems in the past. Even my wife is successfully able to load Chase GCs in her bluebird these days. I tried calling Bluebird and they said that it should be something to do with Walmart because in the past, they can only see "Walmart Cash Deposit" in my bluebird account. They don't know anything about these Chase GCs.

Can any helpful poster please help here?
Did you try ATM or staffed money center? Did you double and triple check your pin? Did you try a single card or multiple cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.