Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by woow14610
I recently purchased a chase gift card under myself. Received the card but can't activate it. Called the 1800 # and said it is blocked by risk department due to not being able to verify the address and asked me to fax utility bill. I am worried but I moved 2 weeks back. My chase credit card account is updated with the new address. Anyone experience the same could pls advice what is the best cause of action?
The best action to take?? Verify your new address with them by faxing a utility bill...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rb23lb
sorry i read about 20 pages of the thread and the wiki... also did a google search... nobody discusses it really about inside the bank teller transactions...

was trying to figure this out before going to the bank today and having them reject it

can it be cash advanced like the MVD inside with a teller is what I am trying to figure out...
?????
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:22 pm

I am quite late to the game but, Super excited to replicate the VR reload at my WallyWorld. First one had non-working kiosk machine so went to Service desk and was denied the reload terming the debit card as prepaid. Went to the other one nearby with working kiosk and the load was done in under a minute Now can any kind soul tell me a.) how to withdraw from BB to my bank account (chase) b.) Why some people term that as not being safe ?

Also, for the withdrawal limit per month:
You can get cash up to a maximum of 3 times a day and up to $2,000 a month. There is a $2 fee per each ATM Withdrawal unless you set up Direct Deposit and use a MoneyPass ATM.

Does that mean that I can setup any amount of direct deposit from my linked bank and then avoid the $2 withdrawal fee ?

thank you.

Last edited by coolblues; Sep 3, 2013 at 9:28 pm
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
>> How to withdraw from BB to bank account.

They sort of hide the option. Select "Add/Edit Funding Source " then, after you have linked your bank account, there will be an option under the bank account to "Click here to transfer funds from your Bluebird back to your bank account."

To me, it doesn't seem any less safe than other uses discussed here.

Last edited by flyernick; Sep 3, 2013 at 9:59 pm Reason: sorry, didn't mean to edit.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by flyernick
>> How to withdraw from BB to bank account.

They sort of hide the option. Select "Add/Edit Funding Source " then, after you have linked your bank account, there will be an option under the bank account to "Click here to transfer funds from your Bluebird back to your bank account."

To me, it doesn't seem any less safe than other uses discussed here.
thanks flyer nick. Much appreciate your response.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rb23lb
what are the methods of recourse you have if a prepaid gift card gets lost or stolen in the mail....

Are you SOL?

That would be scary!!!

There has to be some type of protection in place
You have the email-receipts confirming that you bought the cards. If they don't show in 2 weeks, I would call and ask if they have been activated. If no, then ask to reissue and remail. If yes, then there is an electronic trail for the police to follow. I guess the e-receipt is the proof. These cards are issued to YOUR NAME and ADDRESS and if someone other than YOU activates and/or uses -- I think it is safe to say that there will be jail time.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I stopped getting these because I wanted to max out on GCs and get fuel points. I think I'm about to hop back on this bandwagon.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I stopped getting these because I wanted to max out on GCs and get fuel points. I think I'm about to hop back on this bandwagon.
Welcome back.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I haven't gotten any of these in awhile either. The ability to get 2x for GCs at gas/grocery locations with other cards keeps me going back for more!!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
BA virtually unknown blogger MilitaryFlyer(??) posted about Chase Credit Cards today. I guess he needs readership or something.

Glad no arrows and circles were drawn.

Oh well was going to happen sooner or later....
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:02 am

I have a stupid question. I am hoping the nice people in this forum could give me an answer. I got my first MO from WM using CGC. Can I deposit it to my bank account using the ATM or do I need to go to the human teller? Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by patrickfungusa
I have a stupid question. I am hoping the nice people in this forum could give me an answer. I got my first MO from WM using CGC. Can I deposit it to my bank account using the ATM or do I need to go to the human teller? Thanks a lot.
Did you maybe think about asking your bank?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by pkerr
Did you maybe think about asking your bank?
Agree, this is likely bank specific. Just call them up and say your work schedule makes it hard to swing by during normal office hours and ask if you can do it.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: CO, AA, UA
Originally Posted by teammjs
Agree, this is likely bank specific. Just call them up and say your work schedule makes it hard to swing by during normal office hours and ask if you can do it.
I have deposited WM MO's at a Chase ATM on several occassions...no issues at all. Sometimes the ATM can't read the amount, so you just enter it, but as far as the funds posting to the account the next day...no issues whatsoever....
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:14 pm

So one of the blogs is saying he received a tip that the fee waiver will end on 9/22. I think the same guy predicted an end on Aug 4th as well though. Anyone else hear any rumors?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.