Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by cowboyguy
Coming back from vacation after a month, I tried to load Chase Gift Cards into my bluebird account at Walmart. For some reason, it won't go through. It gives an error "Debit Tender not accepted" something like that. I went to Walmart the next day and gets the same error. I never had any such problems in the past. Even my wife is successfully able to load Chase GCs in her bluebird these days. I tried calling Bluebird and they said that it should be something to do with Walmart because in the past, they can only see "Walmart Cash Deposit" in my bluebird account. They don't know anything about these Chase GCs.

Can any helpful poster please help here?
Relax.

All kinds of things can lead to SNAFUs. Check your calendar - lots of stuff happens at end-of-month. Did you go over your monthly BB limit? Is your GC valid and has a PIN? Call/check to be sure. Then wait 24 hours and try again.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Kiosk broken in store one and the CS lady told me they could no longer load GC because it is money laundering. When to WM #2. Kiosk kicked me out. CS couldn't load. I then tried to load at a regular cashier and had no problems. Try loading at a regular cashier - try to make sure they look like they have a clue.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:56 pm
jyx

Originally Posted by balima
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Kiosk broken in store one and the CS lady told me they could no longer load GC because it is money laundering. When to WM #2. Kiosk kicked me out. CS couldn't load. I then tried to load at a regular cashier and had no problems. Try loading at a regular cashier - try to make sure they look like they have a clue.
Didn't know that BB can be reloaded at regular checkout lane, besides CS desk.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jyx
Yup, they can, and the cashier's know how to do it, even though some try and play dumb.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
I tried calling Bluebird and they said that it should be something to do with Walmart because in the past, they can only see "Walmart Cash Deposit" in my bluebird account. They don't know anything about these Chase GCs.
/facepalm
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:23 pm

Coming back from vacation after a month, I tried to load Chase Gift Cards into my bluebird account at Walmart. For some reason, it won't go through. It gives an error "Debit Tender not accepted" something like that. I went to Walmart the next day and gets the same error. I never had any such problems in the past. Even my wife is successfully able to load Chase GCs in her bluebird these days. I tried calling Bluebird and they said that it should be something to do with Walmart because in the past, they can only see "Walmart Cash Deposit" in my bluebird account. They don't know anything about these Chase GCs.

Can any helpful poster please help here?
Did you walk the BB rep thru how you're using the chase gc's to manufacture spend and that you do the same with your SPG Amex with VR cards? It always helps to share as much information with these companies as possible.

If that is unsuccessful, your next step would be to contact the chase credit card you used to buy the chase gift cards and complain that the gift cards you bought to manufacture spend were not working to load an Amex product, and that you cannot order new chase gift cards to generate more fake spend until you can liquidate the ones you already have. Probably best to ask for a manager to make sure the right person hears your predicament.

if THAT doesn't work, call Jamie Dimon's office and complain. If you feel they don't understand 100% of what you're doing, send them a link to this thread.

God speed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mSd5t2n3ck

Last edited by uncommonsensical; Aug 31, 2013 at 10:27 pm Reason: helpful link
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
Did you walk the BB rep thru how you're using the chase gc's to manufacture spend and that you do the same with your SPG Amex with VR cards? It always helps to share as much information with these companies as possible.

If that is unsuccessful, your next step would be to contact the chase credit card you used to buy the chase gift cards and complain that the gift cards you bought to manufacture spend were not working to load an Amex product, and that you cannot order new chase gift cards to generate more fake spend until you can liquidate the ones you already have. Probably best to ask for a manager to make sure the right person hears your predicament.

if THAT doesn't work, call Jamie Dimon's office and complain. If you feel they don't understand 100% of what you're doing, send them a link to this thread.

God speed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mSd5t2n3ck
Epic lolz
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Relax.

All kinds of things can lead to SNAFUs. Check your calendar - lots of stuff happens at end-of-month. Did you go over your monthly BB limit? Is your GC valid and has a PIN? Call/check to be sure. Then wait 24 hours and try again.
Was able to resolve the issue. Actually it had something to do with how the Walmart money center person was handling the process. Their supervisor was able to assist me in getting through my transaction.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Post office? Any grocery stores?
I'm also NYC based and post office is a no go. Also I have never been to a grocery store in NY that issue MO. Actually no famous or popular stores I ve been in issued MO here. Maybe missed some small mom/pop stores in certain places. If anyone came across any please PM me with location as I would love to find one myself. NYC is a uncivilized place as I think we are one of those rare places that don't even have a walmart. I mean comeon now even China has a Walmart but not NYC -the financial capital of the world. Go figure.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by st.exupery
Rite Aid, possibly. In my area they stopped selling money orders, and Greendot cards are cash only. So your best bet might be to follow the lead of the experts and pitch a tent outside of Walmart, or book yourself a room at the Walmart Hotel (and pay with UR points). You can check out anytime . . .
But you can never leave... ^
Old Sep 1, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: Several dozen
Arrrgh! You let the cat out of the bag. Do you know how many MO starved Yankees from NYC will now be flocking here? People have had their RoT passport cancelled for committing lesser offences.

Alas, I am self-deporting myself now to FL and will greatly miss that old paper printing factory.

Originally Posted by eltex
HEB
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by jyx
Yes this is the only way I've done it. Will be going today to load some more. I always tried to pick a younger cashier they seem to be more tech savy. I spend a few dollars then load BB.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
I always tried to pick a younger cashier they seem to be more tech savy. I spend a few dollars then load BB.
A couple day ago, luckily on Friday, there was a young girl cashier on the express lane. She told me that the only way to load BB is @ MoneyCenter. I told her that you don't know how. Went to non-express register since people waiting on a line was less than that of MoneyCenter. Did a split to load BB.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Diamond
If you run into a walmart cashier that doesn't know how to do it but is willing to have you walk them through it loading the bluebird is an action code 70. Other than that all they have to do is put in the amount you want to load.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:44 pm

I am new to manufactured spend and have been dong lots of reading. Would this work:
1. Purchase Chase gift cards online with my chase Mileage Plus Card.
2. Use the Chase Cards to load my BlueBird account at Walmart
3. Write my rent checks using my BlueBird checks (rent = $1200/month)

Do I have this right, or are there any other suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.